1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Road Less Travelled By

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by fiona13, Jan 30, 2005.

1. fiona13

Well, after a lack of constructive advice from FFN on improving my writing technique, I thought I'd try here. I'm really hoping for suggestions on my strengths and weaknesses as a writer, and what improvements I could make.

Here's a link (It's a WIP, so it's not complete yet)

It's a fic on/about Sasuke. Kinda. I just spotted a lot of fics that had AU where Sasuke didn't try to join the sound. I wanted to write a fic that might explain how that would happen. It's a butterfly effect type fic. A tiny change leading to a bigger eventual change.
    Should be almost totally IC, I think. I hate OOC fics.

Tags:
  2. Sesshoumaru

Then you hate yourself. If Sasuke does not join the sound, then he is OOC.

Edit: I left a review (Hibiki54). What my review basically says is that there is a difference between "Just like the manga", "Too much like the manga" and "It's similar but very different". Your story is described as "Just like the manga", meaning that you're just re-telling the story of Naruto and adding very little to make it your own story.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  3. fiona13

Maybe I didn't phrase my explaination as well as I could.
    What I mean is that I am not going to 'break' the characters to force an outcome. They will always react the way I percieve as in character. I haven't in fact planned the ending of the fic. I don't know if at the end the change will have been enough so that Sasuke doesn't join the sound. In fact I strongly suspect that even with what's happening in the fic, he still might join them.

When I say OOC, I mean Sasuke suddenly and for no reason turning into some happy, smiling, goofball. Or being a selfish, arogant idiot, who only says 'Hn' or 'Idiot'

4. Sesshoumaru

Then what's the point in writing the story if he still joins at the end?

And from the above quote, Sasuke IS a selfish, arrogant idiot who says 'Hn' and/or 'Idiot'. -_- That's just 1/3 of his personality. ^_^

5. Vance

Aye, pretty good fic.