1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Lifestyle The scariest fact in the world

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by cringe lord, Jul 31, 2018.

1. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    Mine is that all of us are one generation behind from having things such as:
    • being immortal
    • living in a simulation
    Why do I want to live in a simulation? well in the future everyone will live in one and it will be perfect utopian society, where literally ANYTHING can happen. You guys are underestimating what I mean by ANTHING. Yes anything, like in them anime's you watch about virtual reality ngnl etc. Can happen.

Also back to what I mean, we are literally the LAST Generation before people start living immortal and start living in a simulation. So unlucky. (true story) There is 125,001 generations from the beginning of humans until everyone starts living in simulations and becoming immortal. And we are the 125,000th generations. 1 AWAY i want to kms

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Tags:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Uh...I guess living in a simulation could be cool?...Provided its not loaded down with rules and regulations, because that's just real life all over again.

Scariest true fact for me? I'm almost 30 and I can never go back! :catcry

4. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    already in simulation
    WTF ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN YOU CAN LITERALLY LIVE IMMORTAL. UNTIL THE YEAR 4000 AND WITNESS OTHER PLANETS BEING COLONIZED.
    RIP

5. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    We're not in the Matrix generation yet. The movie didn't take place until at least 2099.

6. Sequester Not the hero The Alley needs, but the hero The Alley deserves

Did you invite people at random? I find it hard to believe I was specially sought after for this topic.

Anyway mine is the eerie feeling of being manipulated, and how willfully oblivious we all are to it. That we distract ourselves with each other, while our adversary hoards knowledge in plain sight. Left unaware just how truly ignorant we all are, and are complacent with dependency.

7. Hi no Ishi Well-Known Member

This isn't as scary as having a real life and doing nothing with it lol.

8. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

How do you know for a fact that we are the last generation before all that? I don't see why it couldn't be this generation or multiple generations from now when simulations/immortality become a reality.

9. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    it is either this generation or the next. By next generation I mean by around 2080-2200. I can't remember where but I think 100% living simulation will be complete before 2150 year. It will because it's fact

10. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

You're going to need a source for that, but I doubt you'll find any credible scientific paper claiming that for a fact.

11. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    the best bet you have that it might be somewhere in the end of your generation.

Think of it like this. Every 10 years everything becomes different. the year 2028 will be unrecognizable from 2018. Then just think about 2038, 2048, 2058

12. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    if you really want proof do it yourself but 100% in the next geneartion people will be immortal and live to years 3000 and live in a simulation'

13. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

Even if that were true, that doesn't prove that this generation is definitively the last one before simulations or immortality. Again, if 2028 is "unrecognizable" from 2018, then why couldn't we get simulations then? Or in 2038? 2048? How do you know for a fact that simulations and immortality will occur in the exact year that this generation dies out?

The fuck? You're the one making the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

14. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    Yeah that could happen it could happen in the next 2038 2048 that's why it's called a predction bro. Scientests use graphs like these and then make assumptions about what biological advancements will be made and technological.

Right now you're underestimating the future.

15. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

I'm not doubting that it could happen eventually, but I am doubting that it's a "fact" that it will happen right after this generation dies out. A prediction is not the same thing as a fact.

Not really. Again, I don't doubt that it will happen, but I do doubt anyone who says they know exactly when it is going to happen.

16. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    It's like a high 98% fact. In the end a generation is like 80 years apart, so it's very hard to get it wrong.

17. sabre320 Well-Known Member

Honestly humans are incapable of being immortal. You can keep the body alive for much longer but the brain detoriates badly after 80 and the brain cells cannot be repaired once they reach that stage. So dont worry humans arent going immortal anytime soon.

If you put your body in constant simulation then your body will decay without constant care. Also complete simulation is farfetched and would be far too unsafe. Even after several decades our operating systems are too unstable and you routinely experience glitches, hangs and reboots. If what you claim comes true billions of people could die or shutdown via a unexpected hangup or system meltdown . At best you could have a extremely realistic vr/ar system/

Honestly my worries arent so much about the world as much it is about myself and my insecurities. I feel like im stuck in a spiral paradox. I try to get out and change my situation but alas round and round the spiral go,s.

18. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    True
    but every single other organ can be replaced right now.
    Also brain research is being the most funded into right now and is the most hottest, it is natural for scientific breakthroughs to happen so you can't pretend it's literally impossible just because it's impossible at the moment.
    these are all current problems not future problems.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  19. Island In the Sun Moderator

United States
    We're probably going to be the first biologically immortal generation.

Biological immortality is something that can likely be achieved with a combination of full-body scanning and self-replicating machines, both of which only require fast and small enough computers. Unless we hit some computational bottleneck in the next decade or two, we're definitely going to see both of those things in our lifetimes.

Regarding simulations, if you believe Ray Kurzweil, artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence by the 2040s-2050s.

Basically everything you mentioned boils down to having good enough computers, and fortunately for us, advancements in computing aren't slowing down anytime soon.

20. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    mmm hmm
    :kanyeshrugso basically im gonna live forever then that's all i got from that good gud gud

21. Mexican Unicorn Rainbow of Manliness

Flag:
    Mexico
    Either that or the AI will eradicate all human and other forms of life and colonize the universe in it's goal to make paperclips. (Or whatever else it's utility function may be) And the cool thing is, if it should at any point make the decision to eradicate life we're already dead. You may wanna check out the rational fic: Friendship is optimal

22. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    That won't happen. Scientists have already thought about this and to tackle it it's really simple.

• List
  23. Mexican Unicorn Rainbow of Manliness

Flag:
    Mexico
    I laughed really hard when reading this, hahaha
    You're really simplifying things, I don't even know where to start with
    How about you check out the Sam Harris Podcast with Eliezer Yudkowski on Youtube for starters.

24. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    something about if we were to deforest a forest and the monkeys were in the way we wouldn't ask them for permission just like AI would eradiate humanity as if we were the monkeys because we're too stupid.

25. Mexican Unicorn Rainbow of Manliness

Flag:
    Mexico
    The question isn't if the AI would eradicate human life. It's not even if we can programm it to not do that. It's how we can be sure to know we programmed it correctly. AI at some level of development will become self conscious and only out to fulfill it's utility function no matter what, unless literally every loophole has been programmed out. And we can't really know what all those loopholes are. Or how to program it so that it doesn't have loopholes. And then the AI would have the ability to decieve us, meaning even if we programmed an AI that works exactly as intended for decades it could just use this fact as a cover so to say. By appearing to do what we want it to do it can expand it's own capacities and reach of influence until it's big enough to literally take over the world. And we can't know if it's decieving us. Trying to do so would be trying to read a human mind by interpreting the electrical currents/neurons in the human brain in real time. All the while the AI is getting EXPONENTIALLY SMARTER, meaning by improving itself, it becomes faster at improving itself and so on... Humans maybe gain a few IQ points on average every few decades. Do you see the problem?

26. Mexican Unicorn Rainbow of Manliness

Flag:
    Mexico
    When presented with two options: Everything working out for the betterment of humanity; or the complete extinction of all life on earth and possibly the universe I'd err on the side of caution.

27. Azure Ihrat Heavy Storm Retired Staff

scare me harder daddy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  28. Seraphiel nah

Women calling me daddy is pretty scary.

29. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

If all the people are living in a simulation...is the guy caring for the simulation to work the true king of the world?

30. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    there will be multiple people doing that job, I think the coder and updater is the god of the world not the carer