1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The Sealing Scroll

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by azn7136, May 29, 2007.

1. azn7136

What is this mysterious item? It has only been shown in ONE episode, but it plays a large role in the world of Naruto. From it, Naruto learned Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. And from it, lies the jutsu that allows Kyuubi to unsealed... Obviously Kishimoto will use this again, as it is very ominous and it is probably some kind of scroll that contains powerful techniques, maybe some that Yondaime made. I think that some of Yondaime's techniques are in there, because if he invented a way to seal a person, he must have invented a way to unseal a person. This technique could contain the Flying Thunder God Technique, and others that were in his arsenal. The scroll itself could play a larger role, because some have stated that the Akatsuki want to unseal Naruto, but the process to remove that kind of seal is tedious unless you know how (assuming AL is not Yondaime). Thus, if they know about the Scroll of Sealing, they will try to obtain it from Konoha. It is also possible later in the series, Naruto will learn jutsu from it, but I think they are forbidden jutsu, but I am not sure. There must be some kind of plan for this item, but it will appear, if it does, a lot later when perhaps Naruto's power does not seem suficient enough and he must learn new techniques. Anyways, it would be awesome if he learned flying thunger god, but changed it so he didn't have to use a special seal. Would be cool if he could just teleport instanly behind someone, and *slash* dead. It would allow him to surpass Sasuke's incredible speed (When Sasuke in manga kills that one curse seal dude, he basically is in one place, than appears instantly behind him with his sword out and the guy is dead). If that could happen.... Lol, Naruto might bet boring if he was all powerful.

Edit: To learn more about the scroll go to episode one of first Naruto, or just Wiki it. I made this theory up all by myself though.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
    Tags:
  2. azn7136

Oh yeah, submit what you think it might be good for too, I can't seem to click the edit button.

3. Astaroth

I still don't understand where or when the idea for the Flying Thunder God jutsu came in. Was it some random thing that got invented in the forums or what?

Anyway, it contains the Death God Sealing jutsu, so that's why it's forbidden. Kagebunshin isn't a forbidden jutsu, it just has the misfortune of being in a forbidden scroll.

I don't think it will come back. It's bad storytelling to have Naruto learn all of Yondaime's cool jutsus out of a scroll. It's much better if he can recreate them on his own.

4. AbnormallyNormal

i think there's a reason the scroll of seals hasnt been brought up again, probably because kishimoto realized it didnt make a lot of sense to do so

5. Astaroth

Either that, or it was only important for the purpose of Naruto learning Kagebunshin.

6. azn7136

But Sarutobi did mention that the scroll could potentially *unseal* Naruto. Therefore, it must play some importance later. Perhaps we will see something later in the manga.

7. Astaroth

I thought he just said "the seal is gradually weakening".

8. azn7136

No he actually did say Naruto could potentially unseal himself, I'll send you a link to the Youtube one I watched that said that.

[Shinsen-Subs]​_Darker​_Than​_Black​_-​_07​_[4591ECDF].mkv

9. phatpimpX4

I don't believe your theory is original because the idea has been around these forums for a while;however, I've always liked this theory because I think it would be really cool for Naruto to learn Jutsu from the scroll of seals.

Also, I don't believe it has ever been stated what Jutsus are inside the scroll of seals, except for Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. It is said by naruto that there are others, and it is suggested by the third hokage that the Jutsus are related to the kyubbi sealing(link provided above).

If we say that the death god technique is in the scroll; than, it could be that kage bunshin no Jutsu is necessary for the sealing techniques (or other sealing techniques in the scroll) because during the fight we saw the death god technique, we also saw the third perform kage bunshin right before the death god technique as if it was part of a sequence.

The link also proves that the third thought that Naruto could unseal himself.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  10. azn7136

Wth my theory isn't original??? NOOOOO.. geez lol. Thanks for telling me now I have to punish you... Anyways, I assumed this when I first started watching Naruto, this year though. The scroll is called the Scroll of Sealing.. Wth does Kage Bunshin have to do with that. Then it adds to the fact of Sarutobi using Kage Bunshin and Death God.. What if.. YES its possible Yondaime used it , but they found a corpse didn't they? I don't know. I have something in my head, but I have to sleep on it. geez more homework, 8 straight hours of it and I'm only in 9th grade.

Ok the Scroll is the Scroll of SEALS not sealing. Could this mean hand seals used to create jutsus? That would make perfect sense. What kind of hand seals could be in that scroll... Lol, I would like to know, they must have some kind of power.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  11. phatpimpX4

The scroll is called the scroll of seals as proven by the link i provided earlie

Kage bunshin has to do with it because its in the scroll of seals.(isn't that what your original post was about?)

There is no reason to be sarcastic, if you didn't want me to mention that the theory was not original, than why did you say in your first post, "I thought up this theory all by myself though." As if the millions of other people who read Naruto do not have the mental capacity to think and you were the only one who was capable of thinking of this.

12. azn7136

I'm talking about this one. Other people may have ones that differ, but if mine just stands out a little bit, then I am ok. I am not talking about people's mental capacity, I'm pretty sure you're all smarter than me. Don't take me for being sarcastis, I can't be sarcastic if my life depended on it.

13. VoodooNinja

hmm i dont really see it coming back anytime soon, i mean i dont see why kagebunshin is so forbidden i mean it helps the user train and well no one seems to care that naruto uses it every episode. :).

14. Pokkiri

Umm... wasnt the scroll the scroll of the first hokage. Sarutobi said that it was a scroll that the first hokage sealed away. So how the hell would it have the flying thunder god technique in it?

Edit: Never MInd I was wrong... My bad.

AN interesign theory youve got there. oh yeah it would be cool if naruto could learn a few techniques off there.

15. azn7136

That's what I just said. If Naruto could learn Flyign Thunder.. Awesome. So far with every technique he has learned that was used by Yondaime, he made his own variation of it (Rasengan, Great Rasengan, Wind Release: Rasengan, Multiple shruiken technique, Used Kage Bunshin to create a duplicate effect, and more.) What if he created a variation of Flying Thunder God? THAT my friend, would be good.

16. shortleif

Isn't it the taiju kage bunshin in the scroll and not only the normal KB. That should be the reason why it's in the scroll of sealing.. should be lots of badass techincs in there. All of them forbidden because the user might die from using them..

17. azn7136

Well, Kage Bunshin would be forbidden because it requires large amounts of chakra... Nobody besides Nartuo can create up to 1999 Shadow clones with a normal amount of chakra in then. If he created 1999, one would have about the same as Konohamaru or Sakura... probably because the techniques itself require lots of chakra?

18. Godammit

He only could do that because of his Kyuubi chakra.

19. azn7136

If you hadn;t noticed, He was surronded by a blue explosion when he used it, / blue aura. I think the Kyuubi's chakra is RED. Regardless Naruto's chakra has been merging with Kyuubi's, so yeah. I said only Naruto could do that BECAUSE he is using his chakra which has been mixed with Kyuubi;s. Think before you type.

20. RupertGriffin

kakashi gaiden. I don't remember them giving the name... but it's the jutsu yondy uses to jump to his kunai.