1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Shikamaru is Smoking Thread

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by forkandspoon, Oct 20, 2006.

do you think shikamaru will start smoking?

1. yes

45.5%
  2. no

54.5%
  1. forkandspoon The only things that never end

Shikamaru basically defeated an Akatsuki member if it wasn?t for Kakazu interfering and reattaching Hidans head Shikamaru would have won that fight. So this means Shikamaru is on the path to becoming Hokage, Asuma believed this and I think that it?s obvious that he could be hokage some day. Well this conflicts with the main characters goal which means that Shikamaru will die which will let Naruto become the most qualified to be hokage. Now some people will say "But shikamaru is way to lazy to become hokage" well I think Shikamaru will change after having Asuma die in his arms.

Tags:
  2. sheshyo Doesn't need a Custom Title

Naruto obtaining the title of Hokage is not a certainity, and would've a little meaning if he isn't the one that truely deserves it. On the other hand, I could see Naruto sacrificing himself for Konoha, and Shikamaru becoming Hokage in his place.

3. opie Retarded Fish Frog

it's possible but there are many other options. personally i don't think any of the genin will die, it will just tear the 12 rookies apart.

4. Genesis Active Member

The whole point of Asuma's death was to develop Shika's character and change him from his lazy demeanour. Asuma's comments on him being able to become a Hokage are there to inform readers of Shika's potential so they don't bitch when he does something big which is going to be soon.

There is noone more qualified for Hokage than Naruto. He's got people from everywhere acknowledging him.

5. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

I can tell you right now, Kishi will not kill any of his original 9 Genin. just about everyone else is up for Akatsuki fodder it seams.

6. tilmaz -_-

why do you believe what asuma said so badly? that was just his opinion. for example, i believe that my favourite football team is the best and the biggest. but in reality i know that it is not. who cares? i love my team and they are still best for me :) Or, i am sure all the the senseis think that their students are the best ninja students. anyway, this is the point of all the characters' comments about others and events. they always say what they believe.they are not suppose to be true all the time.

7. Sariachan shadowy_blue no neechan

I can see Shikamaru stepping back to leave to Naruto the Hokage role, anyway.

8. forkandspoon The only things that never end

Wow, I see the Naruto and Shikamaru relationship alot like the 3rd's and Danzou's relationship, but ofcourse none of you bring that up for some reason. Lets get this straight Naruto HAS to have competetion for the hokage title like the 3rd had Danzou and like the 4th had Orochimaru. Also Im not basing the that shikamaru is hokage material because Asuma said so but because he defeated Hidan... the guy who defeated all those Monks(with Kakazu's help) and the 2 tails.

9. Trash Bear No hope for survival

Shikamaru is nothing like Oro and Danzou. They are both warmongers, and Oro is a damned Psycho, and his obsession with underage boys is cause for concern. Asuma said Shikamaru had the potential, but would never try for it, because it would be to troublesome. Shikamaru has never had any aspirations for moving up the ranks, in fact I think it's quite the opposite really, guy just wants to do his job and be left alone.

10. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

Shikamaru fate is the death god's belly :noworry

11. MF NaruSimpson In memory of Trayvon

Hidan won't go take chances with shikamaru again, i ga-run-tee

12. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

Naruto would beat Shika. Plans can only get you so far, you need thge power to back it up. Shika has brains, but lacks in chakra and overall jutsu strength, something Naruto does not lack in, except he isn't as smart as Shika.

Whoi says Shika could ever make to being powerful enough to be a Hokage? Or even powerful enough to be able to deal with naruto?

13. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

It would be pointless to develop Shika's character to this point and then have him killed off eventually, dont you think?

14. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Erm you forget an important aspect of becomming Hokage. You gotta want to be Hokage too. See this is why Kakashi will never be Hokage, because even if he matched the qualifications he doesn't want the extra weight on his back. Shikamaru is pretty much the same. He may have the intelligence to be a Hokage but he lacks the will to become it. Besides he aslo lacks the strenght, brains doesn't help you everywhere and this battle was an perfect example. Shikamaru may be a good strategist but he's a sucker when it comes to stamina. He wasted so much on his first blast that he wasn't even able to pull his shadow at Hidan's last attack.

It's like the scroll of the chuunin exam part 2 said, you gotta have heaven and earth, just having one doesn't lead you anywhere.

15. Mikazuki no Mai Dance of the Crescent Moon

Who said Kakashi didn't want to be hokage?? I never seen that anywhere in the Manga.

I bet he is the most qualified after Jaraiya!

16. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

I doubt Shikamaru is strong enough to be Hokage.

17. Tokokage The first and only.

No, the reason Shikamaru's gonna die is from lung cancer.

18. Mikazuki no Mai Dance of the Crescent Moon

And I also believe that he has potential to get stronger, but as Asuma said "It might be too much of a pain" or something along those lines.

19. Bluefin Fishyness

Uh, can't multiple people be hokage at once? Like the 3rd and 4th?
    They could all be hokage :p

20. Mikazuki no Mai Dance of the Crescent Moon

The third and fourth were not Hokage at the same time. The 3rd stepped down, but when the fourth died, the village needed a Hokage, so he came back.

21. renkor GTFO

Naruto and Shikamaru won't have a relationship like the 3rd and Danzou's. They will have relationship like Tsunade and Shizune's. Naruto will be hokage and Shika will be his assistant.

22. vanh whatever

No way could Shika become the Hokage, which is the obvious.So he won't be killed off that easily , as a result.

23. Kinjishi Well-Known Member

I dont understand whats the sudden rush to think shikamaru will become hokage. Asuma was only making a reference to Shikamarus intelligence. If shikamaru became hokage that would completely destroy narutos purpose in the manga. and i dont think the manga will continue as far as two more hokages. And as for the sudden conclusion that shikamarus gonna die too. Come on. That would nonsense. Shikamaru will definitely play an important role in the future. But as for his death, in the words of Shikamaru: "I...just wanted to do this ninja thing normally, get paid normally...get married with a women who's neither ugly nor beautiful...and have two children. The first one would be a girl, and the next would be a boy. I would retire from my ninja job after my daughter gets married, and my son gets a job...Then I would play shogi and go during the boring days...and live free from worldly cares. Then I would die from my old age before my wife."

24. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

No, he didn't defeat Hidan. He helped defeat Hidan, albeit they would never have succeeded without him.

But we can't have a Hokage who needs teammates to win battles! Shikamaru at his current level is nowhere near Naruto or Hokagelevel.

25. TenshiOni Active Member

No. I highly disagree.

Shikamaru will not pursue the Hokage name...Embrace the shinobi way more? Yeah, probably. But Hokage? No, I'm positive Shikamaru won't change THAT much, and if he did, he would be fine simply being Konoha's military advisor under the Hokage.

26. mayumi Well-Known Member

next time another jounin gets into a serious fight with akatsuki and suppose he dies. he will praise his team and how another member from his team can be hokage like say neji or lee. doesn't mean they will all become hokage its just they have potential just as much as naruto. its basically the same thing like during the chuunin exam where all the ex-genins and naruto were competing for their place in the village. naruto's dream was always hokage but others like sasuke, sakura, neji, shikamaru all have potential but that doesn't mean they will become hokage.

27. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

A Kage level Shikamaru would pwn the Narutoverse. :kukuku

28. Yamato (Inactive) Banned

Shikamaru is kage level during sun eclipse.

29. Guanaco-san Shinobi of the Beer Country

I think shika would be a great hokage, not because of his great shinobi skills, but his high IQ makes him the perfect man to coordinate Konoha, in times of peace and war. He's the kind of leader who stays behind and wisely command his men, instead of being the first one to engage the enemy like Naruto would do. Actually, they would be a perfect Hokage duo, don't you think :p

30. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

What Shinobi skills would these be? Basic Jutsu such as Kawarimi and Henge and Shadow Copy and Shadow Neck Bind?

Wow! What brilliant jutsu! Let's elect a guy who can't win a battle on his own to be Hokage!

No, really. Shikamaru is brilliant. He's a genius (brainwise, not jutsuwise). He's a great leader, he's an excellent team leader and his jutsu work well in combination with other jutsu.

But throw him into a fight one and one and he can't win! Because it's been shown that strong Shinobi can withstand the Neck Bind and fight it! And that's pretty much his only way of killing once he's got them in Shadow Copy.