• NBDContest
    Come enter in the NBD Banner Contest !
    Deadline for entries is February 4 at 12:00 pm UTC.
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is January 24 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Naruto The Supporting Shadow: Boruto Uzumaki FC

slicey

ACEjun
I can't even with ForneverWorld's latest Boruto video.:mitsukidefeat

Especially near the end where it just got really weird and becomes more of a MC begging video. He had to drop a lot of scenes (like Boruto saying he is still a shinobi, or Sasuke's lines being about the kote and Boruto changing since then) and not mention them to try and force this to work since it is filled with a lot of holes.

The reality though is that 100% this won't happen, especially the title change LMAO.

But it seems Fornever isn't the only one wishing this, it is rampant on Twitter after this OP with so many saying or speculating that Boruto is the main villain.

It is all going to bite them in the ass later on. They are stuck in 2015 for Boruto Uzumaki while focusing on everyone else even though Boruto himself has had the most growth since then.
I hate this theory so much. People who think this is a thing don't understand Boruto at all. Boruto, who loves his family, loves his teammates, loves all of his friends, loves his village, becoming the villain and destroying Konoha. Right.

I refuse to even click on that video and watch it lmao.

There's a good comment in on reddit about it:
"Boruto diehards wish him to be edgy so bad, they literally want to change his entire character’s foundation. This begs the question: do they actually like his character or do they simply like the version of him that they’ve conjured in their heads? Because none of them seem content with who he is now and if they’re not then how are they fans of him to begin with."

Ignoring the first bit because most Boruto fans don't want this for him.

neonion

Especially near the end where it just got really weird and becomes more of a MC begging video. He had to drop a lot of scenes (like Boruto saying he is still a shinobi, or Sasuke's lines being about the kote and Boruto changing since then) and not mention them to try and force this to work since it is filled with a lot of holes.

The reality though is that 100% this won't happen, especially the title change LMAO.

But it seems Fornever isn't the only one wishing this, it is rampant on Twitter after this OP with so many saying or speculating that Boruto is the main villain.

It is all going to bite them in the ass later on. They are stuck in 2015 for Boruto Uzumaki while focusing on everyone else even though Boruto himself has had the most growth since then.

Maybe not even that long of a wait if Borushiki is resolved by Boruto himself and his Jogan come this spring?

I also doubt Kawaki will be the "main villain" either beyond just being a temporary one.
I didn’t watch the video yet, but I don’t believe the person who wish to see Boruto becoming the villain hate him, view him as a villain already, ignore his growth or worse want him to stop being the MC.
Even fans of the character often share this theory.

The truth is people, especially the young one, like edgy and subversive story even if it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Anti hero nowadays are often more popular than straight hero.
And that’s why they want Boruto to turn into one.
Villains aren’t disliked character, far from it.

But this theory has no basis. Boruto’s moral compass has always been strong. Cheating during an exam doesn’t make him a villain or someone with an evil mindset. The only person he’d hurt is himself.

You need an extremely violent event to change Boruto into someone who could destroy Konoha. Konoha villagers needs to murder his entire family and friends in front of him for him to even think of hurting the village. This will never happen.

Meanwhile Kawaki doesn’t look very attached to the village and his sense of duty is pretty limited. He is fighting for himself mainly or for Naruto. He doesn’t have a shinobi mindset.

Last edited:
I didn’t watch the video yet, but I don’t believe the person who wish to see Boruto becoming the villain hate him, view him as a villain already, ignore his growth or worse want him to stop being the MC.
Even fans of the character often share this theory.

The truth is people, especially the young one, like edgy and subversive story even if it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Anti hero nowadays are often more popular than straight hero.
And that’s why they want Boruto to turn into one.
Villains aren’t disliked character, far from it.

But this theory has no basis. Boruto’s moral compass has always been strong. Cheating during an exam doesn’t make him a villain or someone with an evil mindset. The only person he’d hurt is himself.

You need an extremely violent event to change Boruto into someone who could destroy Konoha. Konoha villagers needs to murder his entire family and friends in front of him for him to even think of hurting the village.

Meanwhile Kawaki doesn’t look very attached to the village and his sense of duty is pretty limited. He is fighting for himself mainly or for Naruto.
Yes there is many among his fandom that share the same idea/theories, I just specifically meant this video.

If you watch it (and to save time you watch it at 2X the speed) then you'd notice that the video devolves from speculating that Boruto is the villain to just Boruto being replaced as the MC lol

Even the title he suggested should be called Kawaki: Naruto NEXT Generation.

Regardless, like you noted the theory is really flimsy. I also agree that Kawaki idolizes Naruto but not his position and what he protects.

He cares about Naruto solely in singularity.

I hate this theory so much. People who think this is a thing don't understand Boruto at all. Boruto, who loves his family, loves his teammates, loves all of his friends, loves his village, becoming the villain and destroying Konoha. Right.

I refuse to even click on that video and watch it lmao.

There's a good comment in on reddit about it:
"Boruto diehards wish him to be edgy so bad, they literally want to change his entire character’s foundation. This begs the question: do they actually like his character or do they simply like the version of him that they’ve conjured in their heads? Because none of them seem content with who he is now and if they’re not then how are they fans of him to begin with."

Ignoring the first bit because most Boruto fans don't want this for him.
lol just watch it to get an understanding but yeah Boruto himself isn't like that he won't ever personally want to kill innocents or sacrifice others for his end goal.

That isn't who Boruto is.

Plus any popular character or even non popular character has a fanfic version people wish or want the character to be like for any fandom.

It is sad but it is a reality. Idk what they will come to expect once that "dream" doesn't manifest like it didn't for many other characters in Naruto.

That is why you got to love a character for what they are and not what you want them to be.

Maybe not even that long of a wait if Borushiki is resolved by Boruto himself and his Jogan come this spring?

I also doubt Kawaki will be the "main villain" either beyond just being a temporary one.
> ForneverWorld video

I'll try to watch it later when I have time, but based on what you've said, I'm not surprised to hear that. He says some pretty DUMB shit.

Guy's gotta curb his self-importance too.

neonion

On top of Boruto’s somber look during the timeskip, I think last chapter with “Boruto” stabbing Sasuke while Kawaki was playing the hero is what made this theory so popular lately. And the last OP with Boruto at Sasuke’s place, added even more “evidence” for them.

This dude is not the only who made a video about it.

On top of Boruto’s somber look during the timeskip, I think last chapter with “Boruto” stabbing Sasuke while Kawaki was playing the hero is what made this theory so popular lately. And the last OP with Boruto at Sasuke’s place, added even more “evidence” for them.

This dude is not the only who made a video about it.
and trust me with more OPs in the future, the upcoming Borushiki chapters as well as the anime eventually adapting more manga stuff this ain't going to die anytime soon. :catdefeat

slicey

ACEjun
@Reviewing Logic that video :mjlol

Me the whole time:

"Kawaki: Naruto Next Generations" :kanyelul

He's like "who knows what will happen during the timeskip!!" basically ignoring everything that happened until now and the characters they've established.

Oh well, he and anyone who believes this BS theory will soon learn :catshrug

Didn't want to waste much time sitting through & seeing this guy's annoying-ass mug for 12 minutes straight, so I skimmed through the video earlier and I have to say this is pretty much a case of...

"I like Kawaki more than Boruto. I want this manga to be more about Kawaki than Boruto. Don't get me wrong, I still like Boruto. However, I would prefer if the manga revolved around Kawaki."

In short, pretty much that.

Plus you gotta wonder if the guy reads the same manga; he literally said Kawaki is just like Naruto in some ways, especially stating he wasn't that good in ninjutsu when it was literally stated in the manga that Kawaki's got good ninjutsu sense.

atones25

Didn't want to waste much time sitting through & seeing this guy's annoying-ass mug for 12 minutes straight, so I skimmed through the video earlier and I have to say this is pretty much a case of...

"I like Kawaki more than Boruto. I want this manga to be more about Kawaki than Boruto. Don't get me wrong, I still like Boruto. However, I would prefer if the manga revolved around Kawaki."
Well, from his perspective, a "rebrand" would "help the sales" iirc. His version of a rebrand would be Kawaki becoming the protagonist.
He's never been incredibly fond of Boruto, but this seems like quite an odd thought, even from him. Rebranding in the middle doesn't help anything, in fact, it would be akin to starting off anew. It would only work if everyone was on board the story for Kawaki, which is not true.

Plus you gotta wonder if the guy reads the same manga; he literally said Kawaki is just like Naruto in some ways, especially stating he wasn't that good in ninjutsu when it was literally stated in the manga that Kawaki's got good ninjutsu sense.
This is mostly because of the parallels from the recent opening and prior. The parallels always forced readers/watchers to deduce that Boruto was the new Sasuke and Kawaki was the new Naruto. Many people seem very happy with the theory that Boruto will become the anti-hero or morally gray character of the series.

Personally, I think all of these parallels send the wrong message to the viewers. The new gen is supposedly "different" from the old gen. So I don't understand why there are so many moments where characters like Boruto, Sarada, etc do exactly what their parents did in the same exact fashion. I'm not saying they shouldn't have similarities, but I believe the studio shouldn't be so pressed to show these parallels in such a similar fashion.

This is probably the biggest reason as to why Boruto's character goes from Sasuke-like to Naruto-like so frequently in such an unrefined way. As I've stated before, Boruto's character portrayal is pretty inconsistent, and forcing all of these parallels are only making it worse imo. Boruto and Kawaki are one thing, Naruto and Sasuke are another.

DrAhmadovic98

Lazy Doctor

In short, pretty much that.

- They don't like Boruto because he isn't the Naruto worshiper they wanted him to be :fatcat

Well, from his perspective, a "rebrand" would "help the sales" iirc.
He's always said dumb shit as far as I remember tbh.

Though dumb arguments aside, the fulcrum of his point of view is pretty clearly about wanting more of Kawaki.

Don't just listen to what he's saying, pay attention to what he's not saying.

Everything he's saying is an indirect or roundabout way of saying he wants Kawaki to be the main character over Boruto.

He's just pulling arguments (no matter how dumb) out of his ass to fit or justify his ideal narrative, in a manner of speaking.

Everything he's saying is an indirect or roundabout way of saying he wants Kawaki to be the main character over Boruto.
Yeah pretty much, which was why I said to watch towards the end of the video.

The video could've been titled "How I would change the story of Boruto if Kawaki was the MC" and he wouldn't have any need of changing the contents within said video at all.

He let his desires slip out near the end when he started gushing about how Kawaki is better then Boruto and Hinata and Naruto should give him stuff and treat him like their true son while Boruto goes all emo or whatever lol.

Theories are a dime of a dozen, there is a ton about Boruto being the future "villain" of the series but this was outright just him wishing for Kawaki to be not only the MC but the replacement son for NaruHina LMAO.

It wasn't genuine in terms of it being a video proposing and arguing for said theory more so then it was finding an argument to fit his Kawaki fantasies. :catskully

I hope he doesn't believe what he is saying or viewers actually believe it because it ain't going to happen.

atones25

He's always said dumb shit as far as I remember tbh.

Though dumb arguments aside, the fulcrum of his point of view is pretty clearly about wanting more of Kawaki.

Don't just listen to what he's saying, pay attention to what he's not saying.

He's just pulling arguments (no matter how dumb) out of his ass to fit or justify his ideal narrative, in a manner of speaking.
I agree, I'm used to most of the stuff Fornever says by now. He usually speaks off of the hype, like most youtubers. And the recent chapter for Kawaki was a really good one because of the buildup behind it. It's similar to the reactions to Gaiden tbh.

I may have my own grievances about the series, but Boruto should definitely stay as the main character. His story has been intriguing so far.

Vapour

With the new chapter coming out next week, what do you think the chances are that we will see Boruto acquire the scar by the end of this battle?

Given that Boruto needs to be wearing Sasuke's headband when this occurs, we either have Momoshiki donning it in an effort to mock Sasuke, Boruto regaining momentary control and asking Sasuke to follow through on his promise, or Boruto leaving the village with Sasuke's headband and it occurs in an off-panel fight during the timeskip. These are the most prominent scenarios I've seen mentioned around.

slicey

ACEjun
With the new chapter coming out next week, what do you think the chances are that we will see Boruto acquire the scar by the end of this battle?
I've honestly given up trying to predict what's going to happen in the fight. With all the deliberate misdirections they've been doing who even knows what's going to happen next :catshrug

neonion

Given that Boruto needs to be wearing Sasuke's headband when this occurs, we either have Momoshiki donning it in an effort to mock Sasuke, Boruto regaining momentary control and asking Sasuke to follow through on his promise, or Boruto leaving the village with Sasuke's headband and it occurs in an off-panel fight during the timeskip. These are the most prominent scenarios I've seen mentioned around.
The headband slid around his neck already. I don't think he will get the scar while in the Borushiki form because of that. The simplest and easiest theory has always been that someone was targeting his Jougan and it's probably what we are going to have.

Idk about this chapter but next chapter in March it could be a possibility.

Since I don't think they will try to fit in Borushiki AND Boruto gaining back his senses all within the same chapter.

Again some pages/panels will be wasted in shock, in going back to Katasuke, Amado and co and their reactions among other things.

Still I think Boruto getting the scar is more likely in the climax of part 1 (which were are currently in right now) then Boruto re-awakening the Jogan.

The Jogan exists in the mangatimeline this is of course true but I feel part 1 will be about the despair of Karma/Kama on how Kawaki will accept it while Boruto will lose things because of it.

Jogan's re-awakening may just be saved for Part 2 just so Part 1 ends in despair at least for Boruto.

About Boruto leaving the LEAF...

Some thoughts about it.

1) Will he leave by himself via unprecedented means or will it happen afterwards?
2) Will he go solo or having some people or person tag with them.

For 1 it is up for debate, he may get Borushiki under control and so we have part 1 wrap up with Boruto still in Konoha and then leaving later with Sasuke or by himself (I doubt this) but on the other hand he may not get Borushiki under control and said fight ends with Naruto/Sasuke and Kawaki being separated from Borushiki with Boruto never returning back to Konoha until later in Part 2.

Going back to the former after this Borushiki situation Boruto likely won't be the same in terms of a mental state, he will likely assume he is too much of a threat to stay in Konoha.

With Naruto being in the situation he is in now and with his guilt for what he or rather Momo did to Sasuke's eye he may try to run away when no one is paying attention to self exile himself and deal with the issue himself.

Running away likely won't work, Sasuke will likely tag along or chase after him so I doubt he will be solo for said exile.

If it is the latter though then for some time he will be solo until maybe he gets stuff under control and meets others and/or Sasuke again pursues him post Borushiki battle.

Now the other part, will he return to Konoha right away at the start of Part 2 or will he be away for some time before returning?

I think the latter is possible due to how chapter 1's timeskip scene played out.

It felt as if he just arrived at the scene so maybe if he does leave the LEAF/Konoha in Part 1 then he may not return until awhile.

Leaving part of the story to show him and his story in another location separate from Kawaki who they will likely also focus on.

That makes me think... will Boruto with said screen/panel time away from the LEAF/Konoha be alone or will he be with key people?

The easy guess again is that he will be with Sasuke, the sword and stuff gives it away kinda.

The question though is will it JUST be Sasuke or will it be others as well?

Kishi loves his parallels and loves his squads and grouping people together...

It is possible that other will be with them beyond Boruto and Sasuke, we just need to wonder who?

For Konoha I think the highest chance out of all the new gen would be Mitsuki.

Boruto will feel that he is a danger to his friends and likely won't tell them or refuse to let them go.

Mitsuki will likely convince Boruto that he should come too via some Sun/Moon stuff as well as how strong he is, etc...

Other new gen genins are less likely if they have some connection to the LEAF, idk about Sumire since she is more free from that but I feel she has a path with Katasuke and Amado so she likely won't tag along either.

Sasuke likely won't allow anyone else beyond Mitsuki as well or someone that has a key use against Borushiki/dimensions etc... which makes Sumire possible via NUE's chakra absorption and dimension stuff but again she has her own path unless they somehow rearrange it to fit Boruto's journey.

That chapter cover where they showed people on one side with Naruto and the other side with Sasuke likely is how the split will be in part 2.

IF anyone else will tag along on the Boruto/Sasuke journey beyond Mitsuki I feel it will be a new character, maybe a female?

We may get answers for this even this year if no hiatuses and issues happen before hand.

Top Bottom