1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

The System Launch Conspiracy.

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by The Transporter, Nov 22, 2005.

1. The Transporter Still.....Curiously Insane....

Okay, I think I am going to have to get this off of my chest sooner or later......So why not sooner!

Okay, ever since I have been, well, interestead in videogames, there has alway's been somthing strange, well, at least, I thought it was strange, around a system's launch date.

Every major system launch(Saturn, Playstation, PS2, and Now, the 360) seem to have the same innate problem. Overmarketing, and UNDERPRODUCING.....evey...stinkin....time.....

So, that kinda gets me to thinking. Most of the system's I listed launched around the holiday's. And it seem's to me, that ALL of them were hyped up SO MUCH before it launched. However, when it did finally launch, the initial shipments were alway's short....

So, my little theory is.....they do it ON PURPOSE.

Good marketing+Low Supply= High demand.

Now, when system's sell out, of course, it get's news coverage, because you see the stupid sonofabitches lining up in the freezing cold, hoping to get there hands on the system...whether it be for them, or for another.

Now, we, as consumer's see this, and think...."Holy crap, that must be the shit!!". So, instead of getting the initial shippment, we buy it at bloated prices, or wait until the next run. Now, that next run ALWAY'S has enough system's to meet demand.....ALWAY'S.

So, in closing, if your sad about not getting a 360...don't worry...it was on PURPOSE lol....

-Simon

Tags:
  2. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

I already knew I wasn't getting the 360 on launch day. I pre-ordered it back on August and was told that initial shipments were already completed and I would have to wait until after christmas to get my system. I'm not in any rush to get it so it's no big deal. As for the PS3 and revolution I will be pre-ordering them the 1st day pre-orders are officially open :wink

3. tunaman I like candy

Yeah pretty much.^^

and thus the chain begins
    hype = more system bought, more system bought= more software bought, more software bought= money, money =good and services, good and services =happiness & girls or guys

all of that stuff above is equal to pointless. But how funny is this someone bought the system for $3350( .
    This is when you know you have to much money because the prices on ebay now are only a little above 1000