1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

The term "Elite Jounin" does NOT exist!!

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by AmenoKitarou, Nov 22, 2005.

1. AmenoKitarou Evangelion Otaku

All those people going: "A is a jounin and B is an elite jounin, therefore B wins easily." as if there existed a rank above jounin called "elite jounin" are WRONG!

Its increasing annoying when people say some characters are "jounin level but not ELITE jounin level..."

ELITE JOUNIN does not exist.

The ranks that DO exist are all listed:
    Academy student
    Genin
    Chuunin
    Special Jounin
    Jounin
    Kage

and ANBU.

The term "elite jounin has been obscurely born from inaccurate traslations and led to some poll voters to use this incorrect term to make their character of choice sound a little stronger.

The japanese manga refer to all jounins as "jounins" only.

Tags:
  2. funjat Where to from here Adventure?

how does one get promoted from special jounin to jounin. another exam?

3. GSurge Brilliant Punk

How should we know that?

4. Siddis Member

I agree with you when you say that Elite Jounin is not a rank. But Elite Jounin is a term that should refer to people who have abilities that surpasses that of a average jounin. Kakashi and Gai for example are Elite Jounin's, while Temari and Kankuro are lower Jounin and Neji is lower/middel Jounin. All of them have the rank of Jounin while their abilities are at different levels. Those are what the terms lower, middel, upper, elite or whatever should be used as.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  5. Heldensheld Chunnin

Special jounin become jounin under special cases...probably when a chunin has proved himself to be jounin-standard in power but not in mind but is let on easy by the examiners!

Elite jounin is not a real rank, it's a rank giving to kakashi because he's so strong!

Like the legendary Sannin, that's not a real rank. It's a name given by people who either feared them or respected them.

6. AmenoKitarou Evangelion Otaku

Sannin was given to them by people in the manga.

We're not the people in the manga.

and what is "normal" jounin? Elite jounin was made up by people in the forum and i think itz kinda wrong. Because a Jounin is supposed to have at least a few high areas in their parameters. Having extraodinary abilities and being a genius makes them a better jounin not an "elite" jounin. Because theres so such thing in the manga, or else everyone will be calling kakashi and gai "elite" jounins. but no they call them "jounins".

7. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

According to the Hero book, you have to pass a test in order to promote to a higher rank. So to promote from Special Jounin to Jounin, you'd probably have to take some sort of exam.

On topic: Although Elite Jounin isn't a real rank, it's still useful for classifying individual Jounin. Kakashi and Gai are on a whole other level then Neji and Kankurou, even though all are Jounin.

8. Alia_Atreides Mew...

The rank may not exist, but we sure have "elite" jounin, guys that are so good that they are above the level of the ordinary jounin. Guess its ok to use the term, we only have to make clear that its not an official rank.

9. NecroAngel Member

It's just an easy way to refer to people who are above most Jounins but not Kage... like Kakashi.

But yes, I hate it when people just use someone's title to say why someone would win.... Naruto is more than that, it actually has intelligence, not just power levels like DBZ. Example: "Zomg, Tsunade is hokage and therefore she owns everyone easily obv!" Sure, she might... but atleast think it through and give your opinion WHY they would, not just using titles. Sandaime is the one who gets his title abused the most this way.

10. Seany Banned

It exists in my mind.. lalalalalala..

11. explosion_of_youth I will be hokage someday!!!

but can a ninja with the same power has a kage be in a higher level than jounin. They're kinda over average in skills and power.

And by the way, how can a ninja become an Anbu member.

12. BobtheTomato Pokemon Master

I always thought special jounins were just more specialized. They have jounin level skills, but only in certain areas. Ibiki for example, he specialized in interogation. Ebisu specializes in teaching. People like Hayate and Genma...this is where it gets confusing I suppose. They don't appear to be different from others besides the fact that they're examiners. They just seem to be lower-tiered jounin. I don't know. Oh well, thats just my thoughts.

13. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Elite Jounin does exist, in the hearts and souls of everyone on the forums... or a lot of us anyway.

You could theoretically just call Kakashi a Jounin. But that would be misleading. Kind of like calling Naruto just a Genin, would be very misleading.

14. Hyuuga Neji i didn't leave ^_^

its a term we infent:

elite jounin/special jounin

those r like asuma, kakashi, kunerai, gai

normal jounin: genma, hayate etc....

the 2 are at different lvls its kinda obvious so we call kakashi and others the "elite" jounins

15. Kayvaan Shrike K.S. - Rex Talionis

hmmm you forgot hunter nin and sannin but oh well

16. shibigoku Master of the fist

there is no elite jounin rank but we can use the term to compare gai and kakashi to asuma and kurenai.

17. Kayvaan Shrike K.S. - Rex Talionis

ya that was posted already i think...

18. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

Sannin is not a rank. It means Three Nin.

Hunter Nin is not a rank. A section of the ANBU are Hunter Nin.

ANBU isn't a rank either.

Some Jounin will be superior than others and vice versa. Nevertheless they are still Jounin.

19. hakke Bird in a cage...

lol, every reply has the same words, I think we all feel the same way and the topic should be trashed.

20. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

Kage isn't a rank unlike jounin/chuunin/genin
    Kage is the top Nin of the village and that's all

While I agree there's no such rank as elite jounin, there's still a difference between Orochimaru and Neji and that's why I call these elite nins "high level jounin"
    but even within this word there are gaps like between oro and kakashi =/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  21. Kayvaan Shrike K.S. - Rex Talionis

actuley anbu and hunternin are ranks and there can be 3 sannin for every village (possible)

22. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

Actually Anbu and Hunter-Nin are NOT ranks. Anbu is a divison of "Special" ninjas.(They are special because they SPECIALize in Assassinations.) Think of Anbu like Konoha's swat team....They're not a rank, they're a divison. Hunter-nin is Anbu broken down into yet another divison. Hunter-nins are Anbu members specifically designated to the capture and elimination of Mukenin, or Missing-nins. And actually the only time that Hunter-nins have been mentioned was in reference to Haku who wasn't even an Anbu member, but trained as one by Zabuza. But back on to the original topic..."Elite" Jounin is NOT a rank, however, "Elite" basically means best...So Therefore, Elite Jounins are the best Jounins in the village....Such as Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai.

Now, I don't remember who said it but Kage is NOT a level either. It's a title given to the strongest ninja in the village...If Kage was a level, Kakashi would have obtained it before the end of part one. However, Kage is not a level...Only one person can be the Kage....It's a title not a level...Such as Elite Jounin....

EDIT: I forgot to mention Sannin isn't a rank either....San = 3, such as in bleach, Ichimaru is Sanban-tai Taichou. Nin = Short for Ninja....Sannin = NOT A LEVEL

23. raijin Member

Unfortunately, Kishimoto disagrees with you. On page 14 in both the 1st and 2nd Character Official Databooks, Anbu, as well as nukenin (missing nin) are listed under Shinobi ranku (rank). You can consider them a "ranking" outside the normal ninja hierarchy (Genin > Kage).

24. Teren_Kanan Hitokiri no Teren, Missing Nin

Though it's not an official rank, characters have referred to each other as "elite". Kakashi and Zabuza both refer to each other as "Elite Jounins". Gai is considered an Elite Jounin due to his comparison with Kakashi. Ebisu was also referred to as an "elite jounin" but I forget which character says it. Which is more or less why the term was invented.

25. Code Zoamelgustar

I don't recall much people actually thinking its an actual rank... rather referring to a village's "Elites" who are most likely Jounins. Hence "Elite Jounins" as I'm sure strength between a new Jounin and one of the strongest Jounin differ greatly so to refer to the stronger ones as elite would differient between Jounins.

26. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Hey. I'm captain obvious :amazed . Now I'll have to duel to the death for the title once again :mad.

Oh and yeah basically elite jounin isn't really a rank, but it is a term used to differentiate shiboi who are jounin rank, but clearly more powerful than other jounin since the rank doesn't really mean that everyone in there are of equal strength and since there isn't really another rank to climb to besides Kage, the term elite jounin is used as a way to differentiate. It's more of a term than a rank.

27. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

Actually, it only states Anbu as a rank. It says that Nukenin don't have ranks anymore. Just like civillians and retired shinobi like Jiraiya.

Ebisu refers to himself as being an elite teacher, not an elite jounin. I don't remember kakashi being called an elite jounin by Zabuza. Could you tell me in which chapter this is?

28. deathbychocolate Member

indeed, they're not ranks, just names given to people. its just like "sharingan kakashi" or.. "yellow flash"

29. icoselitham Lost

Isn't Ebisu an elite jounin.

30. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

special jounin are more like a rank given to the heads for each department, like the interrogation squad leader being ibiki so he commands all chuunin because he is the leader of that department.