1. Elusive Prizes Shop
    The Elusive Prizes shop has returned! Click here to start shopping!
    The shop is open from April 6th at 4pm UTC to April 10th at 4pm UTC..
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The theory of betrayal.

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by omni1337, Sep 28, 2006.

1. omni1337

I noticed that there was Uluquiora, Grimmjow, Gin, and Tousan and Orihime.
    I have a theory that Uluquiorra may go up against Grimmjow at a point because of his defient attitute, and possibly Gin go after Tousen, knowing that Tousen is still too kind hearted.
    Discuss what you think.

Tags:
  2. Yak

Agreed with the first part but Gin going after Tousen is unlikely. I don't even interprete it as Gin staring at Tousen, he's just listening to Aizen's speech. Aizen, Gin and Tousen are a team and they know each other for a long time. Aizen relies on both of them and maybe with the exception of Gin, at least Tousen trusts Aizen absolutely. Maybe almost as much as his own sense of justice.

I can see Gin eventually trying to benefit in some way and betraying Aizen but I don't see Gin assaulting Kaname at all unless thats the way to profit from it.

3. Last of the Arrancar

There's a chance that Grimm will betray Aizen, and Ulqu is definatly noticing Grimm's angry look there.

Grimm doesn't idolize Aizen like Iceringer did, there's no loyalty, except when it's in his own interest. And he's definatly not liking all the orders.

I don't really see Gin and Tousen fighting ....

4. Kri

I can definitely see Ulquiorra and Grimmjow fighting, but I'm still playing around in my head as to when it will actually happen.

I like the idea of Ulquiorra preemptively attacking Grimmjow (not necessarily in an ambush, but attacking before Grim physically rebels), but I'd almost rather have Grimmjow somehow backstab the Espada. For that to happen, maybe Aizen will force Ulquiorra and Grimmjow to work together, unbeknownst to Grimmjow that it is just a test of his loyalty. Ulquiorra somehow gets injured by some odd twist of fate, Grimmjow capitalizes (or attempts to), and Grim is forced to take sides with Ichigo -- the only person he dislikes more than Ulquiorra and Aizen -- in order to survive.

5. Yak

It would be nice to see Ulquiorra go out of his usual way of being calm, collected and obeyend and at some point going to Grimmjaws room without anyone knowing, grabbing him by the collar of his vest and have some real serious talk about where his fucking loyality has to be. That would certainly be badass and could trigger a personal war between them if it isn't already going on behind the scenes by now.

6. omni1337

When I look at Uluquiorra, I kind of see it in a Dbz aspect. The way that Uluquiorra entered when he first appeared clearly makes him very much like Vegeta, cool and calm, Yammy is definetly Nappa, However I see Grimmjow also as Vegeta which is a problem, ever since Grimmjow was introduced I had a feeling he would disobey the arracars and somehow join the ranks of Ichigo and co.
    I technically see Grimmjow as a more badass Renji, and Renji eventually ended up training on Ichigo's side an one of his biggest rivals.
    think of it like this, if Kubo sticks to tradition the second fight wehn Ichigo was is SS was between himself and Renji if I am not mistaken, and the fight with Grimmjow was the second of the arrancar encounters, first being Uluquiorra and Yami.
    So yes I do believe that Grimmjow will join Ichigo and co but be a lonewolf type of character who only acts on his own impulses.

7. Yak

He'll basically be the Hajime Saito of Bleach.

8. omni1337

I could totally see him as being that, however what will all the other shinigami do about his existence as a rogue?

9. Sakura Kaijuu

Or maybe he could just try to eat Grimm's head. :tem

I can definitely see something going on between Grimmjow and Ulquiorra. But I don't really know about Tousen and Gin...

I want to see him team up with Ichigo in an "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation, but that's about as likely to happen as Grimmjow hooking up with Orihime, Arrancarized or no.

If he was just a rogue Arrancar I think Soul Society would just try to take him down. But if they didn't know he was there, I think he'd probably just form his own little group of hollow minions in Hueco Mundo.

10. cinosweiv

All I can see is Grimjow and Orihime elope from HM.

11. Zack_Strife

Judging from what we know of the seating position at the table and Grimmjow's location on the floor I think Ulquiorra's actually giving Aizen the stare down.
    He's scowling up to the right at where Aizen is standing. Grimmjow is on the floor behind Aizen, so Ulqui' should be looking down.
    Personally I interpret this as a hint that Ulquiorra is somewhat unhappy with the treatment his fellow Espada is getting. It certainly wouldn't be out of character for him, he saved Yammy from Urahara after all and Yammy is closer to being "trash" than Grimmjow.

12. Kage Bunshin Master

I don't agree with the eloping thing but.........
    Yeah.....maybe that will happen, Grimmjow may betray Aizen by taking Orihime away! I mean out all of the Espadas Kubo kept showing us "Grimmjow Jaggerjack" judging from that it means he has some important role in the next Arc (Future)!

13. Orofan

I don't know, Grimjow may be arrogant but he's not stupid. He has HEALTHY respect for Ulquiorra and Tousen cut his arm off like nothing. There are plenty of people in H Mundo who are far stronger than him. have we found out what Ulquiorra is? #1?

14. Trias

Actually, Grimjaw doesn't give a shit about Ulqy, he even accused him of being in dismay of Ichigo and not killing him, and stuff like that. I don't think he harbors any respect for Ulqy at all. Tousen, may be, after cutting his arm, but Ulqy? I think not.

15. Orofan

Eh whenever Ulquiorra has told him anything he has listened without so much as a word of complaint.

16. Trias

I don't feel like posting it, but I'd like to have you take a look at the chapter where Ulqy gives his report to Aizen and GJ starts spouting lots of words of complaint. :nod

17. Mukuro

Orihime is now Aizen's tool. With this tool Aizen can fix anything.

Betrayal, I don't know how he would do it, but GJ looks like he could be the one. He's a bit too drunk off his own power, but he is still number 6. That means that there are five of his own kind before him. What the fuck can he actually do?

If every Espada is as dead loyal as Ulqui (or anywhere near that) GJ would have to pull out all the stops to make a successful betrayal. If he does get involved in that sort of act, I'd say his death is certifiedain.

18. lyrs_amv

The quickest path to justice can also mean sabotage and betrayal.

19. blazingshadow

i could see gin betraying aizen (or had never been on his side in the first place and he might just be waiting for his chance to kill him) and he could defect and help save orihime in the process

20. aznwolfstein

Just going by the little of Gin's and Tousen's past shown in the SS arc, i can actually see them converting back to SS in the midst of the Winter War. Grimmjow will probably never become friends with Ichigo but there is a chance it's just like Ishida's meeting with Ichigo with him seemingly completely evil at the beginning. But even though it's possible, I still don't like the idea and doubt it'll happen.

21. Mukuro

When Ishida was first brought in he wasn't really shown as being evil. His quarrel wasn't even with Ichigo, just the idea that Ichigo was a shinigami. So, it's very different, in my opinion.

22. blazingshadow

i always thought that ishida was going to become ichigo's rival. never thought of him as a bad guy for a second. maybe a little misguided in the way things work but never as a human bad guy. back then (and right now still) think that SS were the real bad guys behind the scenes

23. Mukuro

That's exactly what I was led to believe. Sure he had diff. goals and objectives, but he cared for the good of the people.

24. conceptz

25. Mukuro

26. Marsala

I think that it's incredibly sinister to show Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Tousen, Gin and Orihime in sequence like that. Doesn't that imply that Orihime is now (or soon will be) one of them, indeed the most significant servant of Aizen's servants of all?

27. Mukuro

Yea, it is quite sinister. That speech bubble enters each of their panels. I think it is implying that. Remember how Urahara said she couldn't be a part of the war against Aizen...? Well now she is part of the war for him.

28. omni1337

29. ExNihilo

Honestly, I think that it's Tousen who's going to betray Aizen (but not necessarily defect back to Soul Society). So far, Tousen appears as a fanatic in his fight for "Moral Justice" and it is shown that he is willing to use force( and probably any other underhanded means) to achieve this. Following this line of thought, it might be said that Tousen joined Aizen because some of Aizen's plans might be parallel to his own and once their plans start to diverge, Tousen would probably try to get rid of Aizen and Gin.

How? I wouldn't be surprised if we're told later on that Tousen is already a Vaizard. But I find that unlikely. I think a coup with some of the Espada and and some of the Tres Cifras would be a more plausible course of action for Tousen.

30. lyrs_amv

I'm going with Grimmjaw. If the past is to repeat, than we already know that Grimmjaw is the badass enemy that was portrayed by Ikkaku or Renji.

Beyond that, there's also the factor that Grimmjaw may feel indebted to Orihime for her restoring of his arm and status.