1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Three Mangekyou Techniques

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Mangekyō, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Mangekyō

Ok, we know that there are three special techniques to the mangekyou. One being Amaterasu. Two being Tsukiyomi. Now heres my speculation on the third technique, In Japanese Mythology Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi and Susanoo were siblings. Amaterasu is a Ninjutsu, Tsukiyomi is a Genjutsu, and i believe Susanoo is some kind of Taijutsu. Also Susanoo killed the orochi in mythology, so mayb this technique is used to kill orochimaru in naruto?

What do you think?

If theres been a thread on this before, dont flame me, just dont post anything.

Tags:
  2. Yasec Renische

What I find quite interesting too was that through killing Orochi, Susanoo recieved a sacred sword and presented it to Amaterasu, which was called Ame no Murakamo no Tsurugi, later recalled the Kusanagi.

3. Mangekyō

Oh wow, actually i didnt know about that part of it, or i forgot =/

4. drunk kitsune

I don't know where it is, and I'm too lazy to search, but there's a thread out there about Orochimaru = alcholic because Susanoo killed the orochi by getting it drunk first, then lopping its heads off.

Also...
    Amaterasu = goddess of sun; fire-ish-like technique
    Tsukiyomi = god(dess?) of moon; dream/nightmare-like technique

Susanoo is the god of storms and the sea... so how do you think that would translate into a technique? especially if it is taijutsu?

Also, Yasec, it wasn't just that Susanoo recieved the sword, he found it inside Orochi (in one of the tails, I believe). In addition, on the sword and as earrings, Oro has several magatama (the comma looking thing). Kusangi and the magatama are three of the symbols of japan, along with a mirror (I don't know the name of it) -- I've always wondered how the mirror would fit with Oro.

Correction -- I don't know if the magatama is supposed to be on the sword (in the manga, that is). But they are his earrings.

But yeah... this thread's been done before. But even stupid topics get beaten to death, so having another topic on something like this isn't so bad.

5. Mangekyō

The only reason i said susanoo might be taijutsu was because The other two were ninjutsu and genjutsu, im not saying that it cant be something else. thanks for the corrections though. It helps to know these things.

6. drunk kitsune

Haha... I wasn't criticizing you, just fishing for an explanation what it would be if it were taijutsu.

7. Yasec Renische

Thank you for correcting me. It was in the tail that Susanoo could not cut with his sword when he fought him.

Also, the name of the mirror is called Yata no kagami, and is currently located in the Grand Shrine of Ise.

The Yasakani no Magatama, which is another Sacred treasure, is not earrings but a jade magatama necklace. The necklace and the mirror were used to bring Amaterasu out of a cave that she was hiding in.

Apparently, they have this at Kokyo, the Imperial Palace.

Japanese mythology plays such an important role in Naruto though, and that's one of the few reasons why it has gotten me to read the manga.

8. Tyrannos

Indeed, there was several threads of Susanoo.

One being the name Kakashi's Mangekou attack. Another was that Sasuke's relationship was paralleling Susanoo and going to be the one to slay Orochimaru.

No matter what, I never go bored with the possibilities of Japanese legends and how it will be played out in Naruto. :amuse

9. Mangekyō

Hmmm, ive never heard of the one on it being the name of Kakashi's Mangekyou attack, thats pretty cool

10. rorykage

susanoo is the god of the storms, (and the sea but focus on storms for now) and in mythology, had a rivalry with amaterasu. susanoo did not get along with his siblings.

what is synonymous with storms? wind! naruto is working on a wind based jutsu, and it's been my thought for a little while now (since these susanoo theories started popping up) that naruto's technique will be called susanoo. he'll use it to defeat orochimaru, and i think it will be ably to blow out the black flames of amaterasu. (purely speculation, but i think it would be pretty cool).

11. utsusemi

12. Mangekyō

Great Theory, but then what will the name of the third Mangekyou Technique Be?

13. DreamingGod

Bah, Susanoo is Kakashi's Mangekyō Attack, 'Cuz Susanoo is the God of Storms, and Kakashi's attack creates a Dimensional Storm. :amuse

But, great theory.

14. Butō Rengoob

cool idea....never would have thought of that.

15. Mangekyō

Yea, i do admit this theory makes alot of sense and is plausible, but There are only THREE original mangekyou techniques, and THREE siblings in mythology, it would make more sense being the third technique than being kakashi's mangekyou technique. Kakashi's mangekyou technique would be more of a warp, or black hole effect, not really a storm.

16. OROCHIMARU~SAMA

Nice theory esp. Sharingan was believed to be descended from Byakugan which is a 'blood limit' linked closely with taijutsu.

It is possible that the third stage of Sharingan would be in a form of physical attack that uses various physical attacks copied from its opponents in the user's lifetime.

17. Gray Wolf

Sasuke can do the Chidori which is a lighting based attack. Maybe if they follow Japanese mythology Susanoo will involve lighting?

18. rorykage

to be honest, i don't rememebr when it was even said that there is 3 techniques. i only remember itachi saying that there are/were (unclear) 3 MS users, not techniques.

Inazagi will be the name of the technique, whatever it is, because Izanagi is the progenitor of Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi. as to what it will do, your guess is as good as mine.

19. Monna

I think Susanoo will be Itachi's third jutsu. I'm thinking that the 3 gods will only be relative to Itachi. In my opinion it would be kinda dumb if Kakashi's attack was the third god out of Itachi's two.

And if Kakashi's was Susanoo, they would have probably called it that during the time that he used it on Deidara.

I also like the idea of Itachi using the Susanoo jutsu to kill Orochimaru.

For Taijutsu possibilities, I'm thinking that it will be some type of power-up (like the Gates) that can only be activated through Mangekyou Sharingan.

20. Krzr

I've heard of the third Mangekyou technique before and I've always thought it might be a wind and water technique mixed. Although, Uchiha's are excelled at fire jutsu, I think of it as a hurricane like attack. But, who knows.

21. Mangekyō

Yeah, this was quoted by drunk kitsune that it very well could be.

Yeah i didnt think about this, but i do agree he probably would have called it out.