1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

The Throne

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by NOX, Jun 8, 2018.

1. NOX Indubitable

This chapter's introduction of the empty throne immediately spurred the creative in me immediately. Truth the told I started palpitating. For one the follow up pages revealed my assumptions of the Gorosei. Plus it made me question of all the characters in the manga who has a good chance of sitting on it & providing an iconic moment? We know One Piece core principles are 1. A man's Dream 2. Inherited Will 3. Flow of Time. For this reason I am voting on

1. Luffy: Imagine the scene. The relentless ruffian who first jumped out of a barrel in 1998 fighting his way to the greatest height of OP powers. First in claiming the PK seat. Second in breaking the oath which the Nobles vowed to follow. For added measure smashing the chair to pieces removing the hold it has over people.
    2. Dragon: An act of defiance from the rogue whose plagued the Nobles for a decade. Bearing the hopes of the World in need of change, he sits atop declaring himself the symbol of change.
    3. Joy Boy's Descendant: I know one's inherent desire isn't limited to bloodlines. However, what a scene it would be to see the offspring to the man whose presence is ubiquitous in regards to Forgotten History & its characters/events.

Tags:
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. hehey a synonym for greatness

Luffy is gonna smash that chair into splinters one day.....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Silver 

Doflamingo strikes again.

:mikebatman

Is this what he was referring to?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    I don't see it tbh

I think someone respectable is going to sit on that throne because the WG is still needed against piracy. When the time comes Luffy should be mature enough to know that not everything is black and white so I don't see him just smashing shit up.

The throne only looks bad because the only "contenders" you have are the scum CD but there'll be someone new whether it'd be from the Revos or someone else to take it and change the WG for the better.

5. White Rabbit Legendary Tootz

Colombia
    No, PK symbolic throne.

If anything, this, most likely. :ufdup

6. Kinjin Silver Bullet

Dragon is the most likely option simply because he's nearby. Luffy wouldn't care much for the throne or just plainly fail to grasp its relevancy.

7. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

But seriously, the worst case scenario is that someone is going to sit on it who is completely unworthy. That would be the impetus for him to smash it since it will instead of being a symbol of the equality of the kings of the World Government it will become a symbol of world oppression.

8. Whimsy .

NO GODS NO MASTERS

9. Vengarl Maniac fan club

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Neo Arcadia puru puru

I wouldn't be surprised if the throne is the real national treasure that Doffy talked about, and anyone who sits on it dies in exchange for brief power. It's the counterpart to Fishman Island's own national treasure, the energy steroids.

11. Kishido Hunter

what if Sabo tricks to let Sterry sit on the throne? It will cause a war in between the nations and the Revos maybe want this.

Or maybe Dragon himself will sit on iit and start a war

12. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

I don't think anyone would go to war because an idiot like Sterry sat in a chair.

13. Kishido Hunter

Well they made such a big deal of it so who knows... But Dragon sitting on it would be awesome

14. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

If it was someone who had people who'd back him up, sure.

Sterry is a moron who is just barely tolerated by the other Kings who are probably wondering why they didn't come like an hour later so someone else would have to deal with him.

15. Quikdraw7777 Well-Known Member

Its said that Nations could have a full blown war if the Monarchs from their respective countries at a Reverie so much as disrespected one another.

Someone sitting on that throne is not unlike basically taking a shit on a World Renowned legacy that has been bound together for centuries. That is essentially:

- A slap in every Celestial Dragon's face.
    - A slap in every Reverie attendant's (and their respective country's) face.
    - A Slap in the World Government's face.

To say that there'd be "hell to pay" would be a gross understatement.

16. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

Well yeah but everyone would basically just dogpile Goa for that.

17. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

On a side note I just want to say, THAT'S A BALLER ASS THRONE! Look at that design, it's gorgeous. Even the symbolism of it is pretty cool. Surprised the Tenryubito came up with it. The original twenty kings must've been worthy of respect.

Funny enough with the World Government symbol in it Lucci sitting in it would nicely align with his back scar.

18. Vengarl Maniac fan club

Dragon will definitely declare war by sitting on the throne.

19. Quikdraw7777 Well-Known Member

Shit......you guys want to see some Throne Wars, come follow me to the local club when I do security on a Friday Night:

The battle for those Bathroom Stalls will top any Reverie.
    :tupac

20. tupadre97 Well-Known Member

Or sabo/dragon might even destroy it this arc if they really are gonna attack now.

21. NOX Indubitable

This the second time you've appeared in the post and agreed with some of my ideas. You're the poster of week for me.

As others have stated The Throne which WB was content on standing infront of = PK. Though you could argue whoever becomes PK is a force to threaten the foundations of the world....but the throne in this case is recognized & revered by all Kingdoms unlike the PK seat which is merely infamous.

The Internet is Undefeated. This was fast.

22. Vengarl Maniac fan club

23. Gianfi Well-Known Member

Who is this joy boy you all’ve been talking about lately?

24. Vengarl Maniac fan club

He wrote an apology to Poseidon (the ancient weapon during that time) on the poneglyph Robin found on Fishman island. He was a likely a D from around the time of the void century who built Noah in the hopes of bringing Fishmen to the surface.

25. Gianfi Well-Known Member

26. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

An interesting thing that might piss off the World Government, the Empty Throne represents a peer system of cooperation, where no king in the World Government is above any of the others representing peace and equality.

But the Pirate King stands in opposition to that. A single pirate that rises above all others as peerless, which is viewed as the greatest threat.

It's a curious fact that the world is at its most stable when both thrones are empty.

27. Mysticreader Well-Known Member

In the event that Luffy and his crew goes to Mariejois, given Luffy's personality and his track record of doing things which goes against the WG, he would probably be thinking cool chair and actually sit on it. Nami, Chopper, Usopp and Brook would probably be gaping at the audacity/incredulousness of Luffy's actions considering the implications while the rest of the crew are probably more chilled out or being indifferent, even egging Luffy on.

28. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

You 100% miss the point of the chair, the chair has positive meaning behind it. It symbolizes that no one man has absolute authority and symbolizes an ideal world. Luffy smashing it would literally make no sense.

The one who sits on that throne is going to be the main villain, though more than one might sit on it. I can see Dragon sitting on it but then getting defeated by Rocks, or anything else. The assumption is that the throne is control seat of Pluton no one sits in the chair out of symbolism to the positive society + because it would give one man too much power.

29. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

Nah, that chair has end game implications I think via being the control seat of pluton.

30. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

I'm not sure anyone outside of Mariejois besides the kings actually has any clue that the throne exists. Except maybe Robin, but she knows almost everything and is out to learn everything.

If some villain does sit on it then the chair becomes a symbol of oppression, only then would Luffy have good reason to smash it.