1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

The Villain Hierarchy in Naruto

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Turrin, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Turrin 玄武

Intro
    i am so tired of almost every thread turning into some crap about how one villain is more influentiall then another villain...and how orochimaru, random person, etc... is more crucaill to the storyline then another villain and how this some how proves that that villain is stronger then another villain. Now let me explain something to every one the villain hierarchy in naruto is very...clear and any one who can't see what it is etheir blined by fandom for another character or just plain dumb...sry it had to be said. The Villain hierarchy is based on what villain has the largest impact on all the characters in the story...and more importantly the main character himself, following this logic there are two main villains in the story that out rank all the others

The Two Main Villains Sasuke/AL
    Naruto is set up in a way that it has two main villains...instead of just one. Sasuke is the villain that is closest to the main character naruto...and has the strongest ties/plot devices when it comes to naruto. While the AL is the second main character when it comes to impact on all the characters in general. Now lets look at the spectrum....

Sasuke
    - he is the main villain in naruto's mind...even if naruto does not regard him as a villain as of yet
    -he is naruto's reason to fight
    -he is sakura's reason to fight
    -he best represents the themes of the seris.. falling from grace and redemption
    -he has ties to many of the sub villains aka itachi, orochimaru, and kyuubi
    -he has a dark past yet to be revealed

As we see sasuke is the character that effects the main character the most

AL
    -He is the main villain of the world...even if they don't know it yet
    -he has ordered around even the strongest of villains, itachi, orochimaru, and the rest of akatsuki
    -he more then likely has direct ties to many of the characters in naruto
    -he hunts the bijuu making him all the more influencaill to the jin...and naurot

Thus AL is the Main villain of the generall world

Now in the end kishi is goind to decied whether sasuke(the villain most important to just naruto) or AL(the villain most important to every one) which will be the final villain but its impossible to tell that this stage of the game.

Sub Villains of Main Characters
    then dow the villain hierarchy we have sub villains that act as the villains of one or more of the Main characters or at least main sub characts. So first we have the two main characters of the story line

Naruto
    -Kyuubi

Sasuke
    -Orochimaru
    -Itachi

These are the three next most influencaill villains in the naruto world Kyuubi, Orochimaru, and itachi. Under the AL and Sasuke

Kyuubi is the inner villain of naruto..he is ever present and always trying to hinder or help depending on his evil whim naruto's progress

Orochimaru is the temptress of sasuke...seducing him with the power that can be obtain through the darkside

Itachi is the ever present symbol of sasuke's vengance, pain, and sorrow

The Villains of Sub Characters
    The we have Villains of Sub characters
    Garaa - Ded
    Gai - Kisame
    Shikamaru - Hiden
    Kakashi - possibly tobi
    Sakura - Kabuto
    Etc...the rest are yet to be revealed...but many of the akatsuki members will more then likely fall into this catagory because they are bound to have interaction with at least one sub/support character

Meaningless Villains
    These are crap villains that are just place fillers
    The sound Genin
    The other Leaf Genin
    etc...
    Basically they have no relevance other then to display the advance ment of the main characters

Faceless Villains
    these are villains that are etheir only seen for a short one ep second or are facless like the random sound and sand invading ninja
    -Sound and sand Invanding ninja
    -hidden grass team
    - hidde rain team
    etc

Thats the villain hierarchy...no matter what you say nothing will change that...there is a possibility that other villains will become more powerfull, but as of now this is it

Tags:
  2. SexyNoJutsu Zentastic

I wouldn't consider Sauske a a villain...

He is more the catalyst for Naruto's growth. Naruto, the main chracter, doesn't consider him a villain.

3. lunarwolf A Huge Kyuubi Fan

Hmm, In naruto's mind Sasuke is hes best friend whom he wish to save from Ori.
    He fights and trains to stop him not for defeat but to bring him back.
    He took to heart when they told him Sasuke is now in darkness...and he wishes to save sasuke before Ori will take over him.

He also sees sasuke as hes Rival Not enemy he wish to see dead.

So your 100% WRONG when u claim Sasuke is the Villain.

Besides the wishes to kill is brother itachi, Sasuke never killed a soul yet in the Narutoverse.

And when he attacked team 7 for the kill, it was just cuse they "bla bla" from him to gain power and kill hes brother.

Naruto Sees Ori as the main villain...the one he want dead for killing the 3rd and for taken Sasuke away from leaf village...he wants to deafet Ori more than any other Villian in the show for now.

You can even see that naruto wish to save sasuke and bring him back, and that Ori for him is more of a main villan than A.L and gang...

In episode 135 of the manga, Jiraiya says to naruto:"in 3 years Akatsuki and A.L will come after you...Ive choosen to train u so u can stand up to them bla bla..."
    Naruto replys by saying:"I dont give a crap about that".

Also after Sasuke kicked hes ass 2.5 years after post skip, Naruto says to Kakashi:"Even after 2.5 years of training i wasnt able to bring Sasuke back".

Which means that before and even after...naruto's main reason for training is:
    A. to beat sasuke cuse hes his RIVAL.
    B. To bring Sasuke back.

And than theres that A.L thingie.

Also in the last episode anime 207 u see Naruto thinking about Ori who took sasuke when he puts his hand over he body where to Kyuubi is inside.

A.L isnt just Naruto's main villan but all of the Narutoverse...Akatsui wants the world not just the Kyuubi.
    Everyone wants to stop them...so they are all around Villains.

For naruto himself the main villain(not the only one) is Ori.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  4. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

Sasuke neither has a dark past yet to be revealed nor does he have any actual ties to the Kyuubi other than that brief encounter inside of Naruto's mind.

5. Turrin 玄武

umm there is no way for you to know that... we don't know what his training for the past three years consisted of...and he was more the willing to kill naruto, sakura, sai, and yamato.

so your saying sasuke isn't a villain because he is justified in attempting to kill team 7 because...they were interfering with his goals..lol thats every villain

this is not true naruto wants to defeat sasuke the most out of any one...if you don't see that you missed over 3/4 of the seris

this doesn't mean sasuke is not a villain...rember the relationship between orochimaru and jiriaya same thing

this is so wrong...i mean seriously, yes he hates orochimaru for taking sasuke...but oro is not his main villain in any way. When he talks about the reason he fights/trains its to defeat sasuke and yes save him but that doesn't mean that sasuke is not a villain. The only reason he got pissed/fought orochimaru post-time skip was to get at sasuke...Naruto's life as a ninja revovles around sasuke...and thus if sasuke is evil and naruto has to defeat him in the hopes of resorting sasuke's sanity then yes sasuke is his main villian...

you can't be serious sasuke's past is the deffinition of dark
    1.all of his loved ones where killed by his own brother
    2. he dedicated his life to revenge
    3. he soled himself to orochimaru..in-order to obtain power
    4. Over the last 3 years has more then likely dabled in any dark art in-order to gain the power he seeks

As for the kyuubi...yes he does have ties to the kyuubi...or did you not notice that the kyuubi knew all about the uchiha clan and sasuke knew all about the kyuubi there is a relationship there and to ignore it would be extremely foolish

6. lunarwolf A Huge Kyuubi Fan

As for the Kyuubi knowing about the uchiha clan doesnt make it "in ties"...the Kyuubi is a being that lived thousends of years...saying it is related in ties to a clan that belongs to a 50-100 year old village is far fatched.

It is logical the Kyuubi knows M.uchiha and from the sharingan he knew that Sasuke is related to him...

that doesnt create "Ties"

Naruto wants to beat sasuke as a rival and be better than him...

at the manga when all team7 returns, u clearly can read Naruto's words saying:"even my strength now wasnt enough to bring sasuke back".

Even Kakashi replyed saying hell train naruto strongert than sasuke so they could finish the mission..

Im sorry but what was the mission???if Sasuke is an enemy as u say he is to Naruto why did Naruto and Sakura tried to stop Sai???when they heared he is an Anbu who wanted to kill Sasuake when they found sais bingo book???

Even know Naruto sees Sasuke as hes best friend and he wants to save him from darkness...from Ori...

sorry but saving a friend that want to the darkside is no enemy...

Also Naruto stated alot of times...3 years for Ori to move to Sasuke body...3 years he have to train and stop him...

stop who???Ori....why????becuse HE WANTS SASUKE BODY...

I agree it can CAN be like Jiraiya and Ori...but it still isnt...Ori is pure evil...he wants to learn every jutsu and live forever...

Sasuke wants just to kill hes brother and than he can die...not live forever.

thats is a huge diffrance...

And sorry but didnt last episodes flashback...even in the battle in VOE...wasnt it all:"ill stop Ori from taking your body even if ill brake ur legs"..."ill make ori this ori that"...???

All of the series is 65% Naruto traying to SAVE SASKUE FROM ORI...35% Naruto Vs Akatsui...

u make the call...i just state my mind.

Also post time skip Naruto and sakura make a deal toghter theyll train to bring back sasuke again...after they failed for the 2nd time...

When 4 tailed Naruto got emotional against Ori why was that???cuse sasuke sasuke sasuke...

why make a pack with sakura chan, tell sai not kill sasuke, train to bring sasuke, take part in a mission to bring sasuke back...

hows that a main villain???

Also Ori/sasuke are personal for Naruto...Ori is a personal enemy who took his friend...

Akatusi are enemys not of just him but all the tailed hosts and the narutoverse(villages etc..)

so a personal enemy is more emotionaly related and bigger...so for Naruto in a ALL its Ori.

Also a few points why sasuke isnt a realy Villain:
    ======================================
    A. he doesnt wish to kill Naruto, he doesnt care about him atm..cuse he wants revange...
    DID U EVER SEE SASUKE GO AND look for Naruto to kill him???thats what a rival would do no????
    No, He just train to kill Itachi...and he doesnt care about team7 or hes past, to not lose hes goal.

B. He could have killed Naruto in VOE, to gain the M.Sharingan...he didnt and spared Naruto's life.
    Cuse he wishes to gain power hes "own way", and not like the way hes bro wants.

C. It is Naruto who is after sasuke to bring him back to leaf village alive, is that a villiain relations???

D. Sasuke only tries and kill team 7 cuse they wish to stop him from revange..

Killing becuse they stand from him killing hes brother...is diffranet.

7. iander Active Member

Oro, AL, and Itachi are the main villains. We dont jack shit about the AL and not much about Itachi either so its hard to tell who will be the last villain per se. Sasuke is not a villain, hes more of a grey area.

8. -GoW- seeing through shadows

Pathetic attempt Turrin...

9. Homeless Man Same shit, different day.

What it seems like you've done here is turn just about every currently operating character into a villain.
    The other leaf Genin? They were never villains. They're the good guys.
    Also, Sasuke will probably not be a villain in the end.

The way I see it, the villain hierarchy is as follows.
    1.Orochimaru (interchangeable with AL)
    1.AL (interchangeable with Orochimaru)
    2.Itachi
    3.katsuki
    4.abuto
    And also (this is debatable) Kyuubi

Orochimaru:
    The reason I list him like this is because Orochimaru has proven time and time again to be unkillable.
    He's squirmed his way out of tons of seemingly inescapable situations.

Out of them, he will make it through the long-term story, and maybe become a final villain of sorts.
    Among those listed, he's certainly not the strongest, but he's got all the time in the world to become so.

AL: He could prove to be the final villain of Naruto, but it's still shaky.
    At this time, all we know of him is that he's insanely strong, the leader of one of the most influential terrorist organizations in the nin world, and that he intends to conquer all that there is.
    He makes it known that his goals are longterm, but in the meantime, it would seem that he and Orochimaru are merely preparing themselves for the future.

Things are coming to a boil, and Naruto is also preparing himself for it.

Itachi: Itachi is one-up on the other Akatsuki because he has emotional ties to one of team 7.
    This will keep him alive longer than most other Akatsuki. He will appear again soon.

Akatsuki: Follows the leader.

Kabuto: Follows Orochimaru.

Kyuubi: Kyuubi will probably eventually have a confrontation with Naruto similar to the one in Bleach.
    Naruto might go inside himself, releasing the seal and fight kyuubi as more and more tails are released until a climax where all nine tails are out and it looks bad, but Naruto finally triumphs.

But that's just speculation. Kyuubi's going to be awhile for a good part of the rest of the series.

Just my thoughts on them all.

10. rorykage Too Cool for Ninja School

not interested in any villain hierarchy, i don't care who is mosre powerful and who is more influential, i will, however, agree to the points you make about sasuke. villain or not (i hope he is) he is responsible for most of the series conflict.

11. Razarael Weep.

I disagree that Sasuke is the main villain, but I would agree that he is one of the main antagonists. Antagonists are characters that effect and drive the protagonist, regardless of the role as villain/hero. Everything that Naruto has worked for in the last three years has been because of Sasuke. But villain? It's funny... Because despite the fact that Sasuke is now "evil" and working with Orochimaru, their goals are the same: destroy Itachi/Akatsuki.

12. lunarwolf A Huge Kyuubi Fan

you put the words out of my mouth :p

13. Divinstrosity Itachi: God Of The Gods.

This is the crap I'm talking about. We don't know this at ALL. I mean, damn ... you guys are always pickin' on Itachi fans, but at least we've been given some type of glimpse into his power. We haven't seen the AL do ANYTHING! NOTHING! ZIP! NADA!

So how do we know he's insanely strong? All I know about him is that he seems to have a brain that works, really, really well. He seems to be persuasive enough to get 9 criminals to work with him, as well. I mean, that's ALL WE KNOW. Hidan said the AL is always sneaking around, didn't he? I mean, it doesn't prove that he's weak, but it could be interpreted that he's weak. I mean, sweet Jesus....

Hell, people criticize the Yondaime fans for over-rating him, but at least we've heard about his great power!

14. lunarwolf A Huge Kyuubi Fan

Logicaly thinking we dont know how strong A.L is.

But...this is an evil org. everyone in akatsuki is there for there own reason.
    They are S-class...with no code of belonging to no one.

So, If no member so far dared to challange him, and all fallow what he says(that is until Hidan snaps out..for now he fallows)...and if Ori himself says every member there is very strong...

u can assume A.L is very powerfull.

No one can say if hes the strongest or how powerfull he is...but u wouldnt be a member of an org. like that and not know how powerfull or who realy is your leader...at least by reputaion.

So, needless to say he is powerfull...but how much and if theres anyone stronger than him like:Ori or Itachi is unkown or proven.

15. vagnard Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with this thread....Sasuke isn't strictly a villian. But technically all the motives that people atribute to Oro to be considered the last villian are at the end property of Sasuke...not Oro.

AL is a better representation of a final villian than Oro.

Some say that Oro will be the final villian because he is connected personally with Naruto. That isn't true. The one who is personally connected with Naruto is Sasuke. Oro has just an indirect connection as the one who separate both....But Naruto doesn't care about Oro outside the topic of Sasuke...and Oro doesn't care about Naruto at all. On the other hand AL wants specifically something Naruto has. And Naruto is the most prized of all the jinchuurikis because Kyuubi is the most powerful bijuu.

The real person who took Sasuke from Konoha is Itachi not Orochimaru. It's was a member of the Akatsuki who set up the whole Sasuke's flee from Konoha. Oro is just the tool Sasuke needs to gain enough power to defeat Itachi.

16. HolyCow Chaos Theorist

you can't count sasuke as a villain, rather you call him as the anti-hero of the series.

zetsu vs yamato (zetsu is so jealous of yamato's mokuton jutsu. Horticulture jutsu versus KWGoD)

sai or gaara vs. deidara

shizune vs. kabuto (sakura has already "killed" his akatsuki)

17. Woozie Active Member

Sasuke is not a villain.

He is an Anti-Hero. That's different.

And your "evidences" of AL being the major villain are so frail I don't even wish to start debating.

18. Divinstrosity Itachi: God Of The Gods.

Here's the thing...

Yes he is the leader, but how long is it going to be before someone turns on him? I mean, you can kind of see the way Hidan is acting out now ...

...either Hidan is going to get his ass handed to him by the AL, or it's a foreshadow into turmoil in the organization, ultimately leading to betrayal.

I don't know what the AL can do. However, him being the leader isn't enough of a reason for me to believe he's the most powerful. He could've 'simply' came up with an ingenious idea, and is capable of performing a jutsu that the others can't ... to make the plan work. I mean, I'm not saying that IS the case, but it is a possibility until we find out more.

If he's a shinobi, then I'd like to see do more than than talk, before I concede that he's powerful, or the most powerful. I mean, that's only fair. All of these people callin' him insanely strong, possibly are settin' themselves up for disappointment.

I'll wait and see what happens....

19. HolyCow Chaos Theorist

there will always be factions inside any organization. I believe AL is powerful as implied in the series, to have respect from 8 S-class missing-nin criminals is really something. you can't just easily boss around 8 powerful shinobi's if you don't have the necessary power.

20. Hatake_Sakumo New Member

I don't know who the final villain is gonna be, but i am sure kabuto will be murdered or taken down by kakashi. I think chapter 80 (in anime) put it pretty clearly.
    Within Akatsuki, Tobi if he turns out to be Obito...

21. SGLP Karate Kick

I don't feel like saying anything more than Orochimaru and Itachi.

22. Ackwell I've talked with Kishimoto

Sasuke is no villian.
    His heart was pure and he had only selfish intentions. Killing his brother has nothing to do with killing everyone.
    Itachi murdered his entire family, he has evil villian ways.
    Sasuke has.... Almost killed Naruto, but didn't, cause he still cares.
    Sasuke is a good guy

23. Seelas on a Forums Break

If you're arranging the villain hierarchy in terms of significance to the characters then I think Kyuubi has to be pretty high up there. For Naruto, only Sasuke has had a comparable amount of impact in making him what he is today. And to be honest, I think the final fight of the series is going to be Naruto against Kyuubi. Kyuubi has been significant since the very first chapter, and I think the series will end with it as well. It will also be the perfect way to show Naruto surpassing the fourth (as well as continuing the parallel between him) - for Naruto to defeat permanently what Yondaime couldn't.

Aside from that I agree with most of your hierarchy, except that I'm not sure I'd classify Sasuke as a villain just yet. He'll get that distinction once he kills an important Konoha ninja.

24. NF Terrorst Guest

Get your fact straights.

First, Sasuke is not a main Villian.

His objective is to kill his brother, not to kill Naruto nor rule the world.

Second, AL doesn't affect neither Naruto nor Sasuke.

AL's goals are Akatsuki's goals, world Domination.

By following your logic, anyone in akatsuki has connection to all main people.

Sasuke is not a villian.

He isn't on a quest to kill Naruto, or Konoha, or world Domination, but to kill his brother.

Naruto always has a reason to fight against anyone, due to a pity insult to stealing his ramen, or the girl of his dreams.

She is wasting her time, as Sasuke has no real intention of killing anyone but Itachi. If you get in his way you are asking for it.

By killing his brother and dying with him. period.

That does not make him a main villain.

We already know his goal, to kill Itachi.

We already know his dark past, the dark past yet to be reveal is that of his clan and his brother. That doesn't make him a main villain.

Because they are "childhood" friends

Again, that doesn't make him a main villain.

Sasuke is the anti-hero type.

False.

Akatsuki's goals are world domination.

AL doesn't equal Akatsuki.

Gte your fact straight.

Show me the proog he ordered Oro around?

Knowing Oro's personality, he wouldn't follow anyone but himself.

Itachi already dissed AL, and the databook stated that Itachi has hidden agendas within Akatsuki.

Sasori talked back to him

Hidan insulted him, and threaten to leave, making the AL explain myself to Hidan.

This is not a fact.

Oro has more connections to the two main characters, now that's a fact.

lol, What manga are you reading.

Akatsuki hunts jinchuurikis just as AL.

very screwed logic.

None of them. Oro is the main villian, always been, always will.

Don't make me laugh!

Oro and Kyuubi are the main Villains.

Common sense.

The manga started with Kyuubi and it will end with Kyuubi.

He is the Main villian, so will be ten time stronger at the end.

Itachi is Sasuke's final opponent, not Naruto.

Gaara is fucked, he doesn't have much powers.

Sakura would get owned by Kabuto.

i agree with this.

25. Kinjishi Well-Known Member

1. Kyubi
    2. Orochimaru
    3. Sasuke (temporarily)
    4. AL
    5. Itachi
    6. Kabuto
    7. Rest of Akatsuki
    8. Zabuza
    9. Haku
    10. Sound Four (Five with Kimimaro)

26. -GoW- seeing through shadows

NF Terrorst thank you...

I agree with most things you've said.

In most cases... It was like reading one of my own posts regarding the same topics. Nice to see someone with common sense.

27. NF Terrorst Guest

Great Minds think alike!:beer :beer

28. Rudox What a Joke

lol Sasuke a villain? You gotta be kidding me. A villain thinks for himself. Sasuke's destiny has been controlled by Itachi from the start and now by Orochimaru as well. Maybe once Sasuke can stand on his own two feet we can consider him a villain. Right now he's in the jackass category.

29. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Exactly what needed to be said, at the right time when it was said and it was said in a great way. How can I not agree with this? I agree completely. :thumbs

30. Goodfellow .

There are two paths for Sasuke I suppose. Or, two paths that this forums considers:

Returning to Konoha.
    Becoming a villian.

Depending on the member, he'll either belive one of these^^

I suppose it's a way of seeing how optimistic/pessimistic a member is^^