1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

The Visa trouble and further thoughts

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by zionforsell, Dec 3, 2005.

1. zionforsell Member

After 3 years of staying at home, sacrifying all parties or expenses, I finally obtained enough money for a luxurious trip to Europe. I checked the schedule, the prices, ect,... it's all good! I was sooooo happy! BAM!!!! "We can't book you a flight without your Visa".....crushed. Since I am not a US citizen, I am required to obtain a visa to enter Europe. The funny thing is on the list of contries required to get Visa to enter, I found out the majority of them are either communist or Muslim or in Africa.

So I wonder: is it a form of discrimination? Is the Visa requirement served as a difficulty to prevent people from those nations to enter? I understand it is for protection and much more. But personally I find it quite offended. (Sorry if I offend anyone) Just because of my nationality, and I have trouble now to visit different cultures??? A teacher in my class had traveled around the world like 20 times, but he had never visited a communist country. He said "Why bother to richen or visit a communist country?" I think it is very unfair to ignore the richness of culture or beauty of that country simply because of different politic parties. Why all the world has to be demoracy? Isn't the difference what make us thrive and unique? And what does politic have to do with love and interest for a country? Even though China is a communist country, but of course we can't ignore their rich and ancient cultures, their herbal medicine, or various methods of healing, plus their philosophy. Why let the politics stand in the way?

Imagine you yourself a US citizen in a foreign country. If the people there just stay away and dislike you because of your nationality, what would you feel? This problem also pushes a person into hating (or feeling ashamed) about their nationality. What does it have to do with determining a person good or bad? Just because we are having a war in Irag doesn't mean that every Irag citizen is our enemy, and instead of makeing it easy, we now make them obtaining lot and lot of paperwork (then may be turn it down) to keep them away. Does this method really make us safer? Or it just make the relationship between two nations and two nationality harder???

I believe we should be able to go to everywhere in the world. If there is a check, it should base on personal record, not just what country are you from? Where are you staying? Just a thought...just a thought... since I feel like being denied the right, the dream of traveling and seeing the world as an artist and as a world citizen!

(I wrote this just to say some thoughts outloud. It doesn't mean I want to break the rules or anything. I just want to know what everyone thinks!)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
    Tags:
  2. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

uuh you have to have a visa because they have different reasons. They do discriminate obviously cuz they are not letting everybody in. The country doesn't give a crap about what you think, it has his own reasons and you better follow their rules. If the people there rebel against those rules it will change but until then they do not wish for you to enter. acess is denied. The legs are closed. clogged up gutter.