1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Voodoo of Hidan (speculation)

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

Hidan's voodoo technique is in fact not a jutsu at all. It isn't even "real" voodoo. I believe there is a trick to it. A trick that explains how it works and that it really isn't what it seems.

The transformation Hidan undergoes is purely for decorative purposes. The blood licking is an act of symbolism. Drawing his opponents blood means that he is worthy of winning the fight and that he is worthy of power.

What the power is is the service of a summon. Hidan's summoning technique is some kind of invisible monster. The monster requires payment for its services and the currency is suffering. He will do unto others as Hidan does unto himself, so to speak.

When Hidan suffers, so will the victim that he is linked to.

Tags:
  2. John Connor

or the ritual might make Hidan a voodoo doll....

3. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

That's obvious. This thread would be an explanation of HOW that actually works. It would also allow for further expansion of his powers considering the voodoo thing can't really be his ultimate technique.

4. TicoTico

I've seen this suggested in a Library-thread as well, before the chapter with 'Shikamaru's analysis', and I definitely like the idea. A nice observation that was made over there was how Asuma's ash jutsu blocked the visibility so it's possible that Hidan actually performed a Kuchiyose no Jutsu. He was also found kneeled on the ground when the ash cloud dissolved.