1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

The X-Men Legends II Thread

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by CrazyMoronX, Sep 26, 2005.

1. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Ok, discuss the game, favorite characters, major gripes, anything else you want here.

My favorite character of course, is Juggernaut. Coincedentally he is the strongest of the characters, and basically destroys everything with little assistance. Without him, it seems to be rough, unless of course you bring Colossus. Though, Sugarman gave me some trouble, his weakness was Cyclops, helpful hint if you get demolished by him your first go with brutes.

Anyway, so far, it's at least as good as the first, if not better. My only problem so far, is that Juggernaut gets killed pretty easily, but then again, if it was true to his powers, there'd be no point to the game at all. I do think however, he shouldn't be knocked around so easily, especially by the smaller characters... -_-

Magneto also seems to be pretty weak, despite being one of the strongest in the series... oh well.

Discuss away... or not.

Tags:
  2. winterman New Member

My biggest complaint is how the devs totally dropped the ball on online play. The implementation is just terrible. There was no need to make everyone stay on the same screen. There was no need to make it so that when one person goes into a menu everyone has to go into a menu. The browser sucks. I don't understand how gamespy made one of the best server locating tools for the PC yet continually manages to incorporate the shittiest server browsers into console games. You can't even refresh the damn server list without exiting and re-entering it. Lag makes the game unbearable and has been prevalent in every single server I've played on. The developers promised that people would be able to enter games already in progress. I have yet to see this feature in action and doubt it exists in the game.

Also, no psylocke makes me a sad panda.

Fortunately, they added Deadpool. That almosts makes up for all the negatives. Almost.

3. Uchiha_Kachiki Is a stange one indeed

1. Does this game have good reply value?

2. What are the powers of Xavier and Deadpool? (In game I am talking about)

4. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Don't mean to revive threads, but in order to keep out duplicates and such...

I just got this game out of boredness and my new liking to the X-Men series, as I am a big RPG fan. To me, this game is much like Norrath, just X-Men style. :amuse Anyway, I just started out a single player career and a 2-player career with my brother. As this is my first time out through the game, I've picked my teams mainly based on interest and appeal.

Single Play:
    Iceman
    Sunfire
    Magneto
    Collasus

2-Player:
    Wolverine
    Jean
    Juggernaut
    Nightcrawler

For my single play, I wanted to have a bit of fun with opposites, so I included both fire and ice in it, as Iceman and Sunfire. And, in my opinion, every good RPG team needs muscle, and Collasus and Juggernaut fit that nively, so I went with Collasus, owing to Juggernaut is in my 2p team. Magneto, well, I honestly am not that impressed with him but I like that Supremecy technique of his and may keep him around simply because of it.

I play my 2 player career with my brother, and I basically constructed this team, and tried for some strategic placement this time around. Juggernaut, for the reasons above. Jean because those psychic abilities are very cool and strong, plus she can fly and make bridges, Nightcrawler (my favorite mutant) because of his teleport and agility. And Wolverine, as he can is a pretty powerful character and I needed an "average" one on the team.

So, as this is my first time through this game, will these two teams survive throughout the game at an exceptional rate? *No spoilers please, though names are fine* I just got past a mutant who could clone himself, and shield himself in a rather irritating fight (forget his name), and just reunited with Beast at the moment.

5. CrazyMoronX Old Man

The 2-player team may suffer against some of the guys that are nearly physically immune, like Sugarman. He's one tough guy to beat without someone with elemental damage, I used Cyclops and Iceman on him, and they killed him easily enough.

The 1-player team is alright, though Magneto really sucks, and Sunfire isn't that great either. Iceman is one of the better guys, I think. Colossus is alright, but I might replace Magneto with Cyclop, since he has basically the same type of skills (leadership and what-not), but he is way more powerful in this game.

Nightcrawler is horribly broken, if you know how to take advantage of him. I won't give it away, but you'll probably make good use of him without that cheat. He's a good character.

6. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

No bitch-ass door can contain the great Nightcrawler!!:laugh

I bougt the game, but towards the end, it just....freezes!! like when I'm in the sewer...it just randomly freezes! this happened with my brothers game on PS2 (mind you I owned the XBox version) he bought the game THREE times and the same result.....also happened on my boy's PSP....

Needless to say, I was quite angry (gave the finger to Activision) but.....must....get....Ultimate....Alliance!! :amazed

7. CrazyMoronX Old Man

It didn't freeze up on me, I think it did one time, but that's it.

Of course, I was playing the Gamecube version... that might have something to do with it.

8. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Thanks for the tips CrazyMoronX. Yep, your 2-player prediction came horribly true for me. Our entire team was owned by that ugly brute within the first two minutes. Mind, we were low on health and enery "potions" entering, but ultimately were reduced to Jean to win. Basically we kept flying around the room and threw projectiles at him every so often, as we had to wait for the recharge.

We did manage to revive with Ashes but it didn't last long. It brings me to ask this: How often can you use From the Ashes in fights, as there was a few times where Jean had full energy but when we tried using it, nothing happened.

Then another question is how exactly does this work, as three out of four were dead and two came back. Does it always work like that or does it revive a third when it's at a higher level? I believe Ash was either level 1 or 2, so that may explain it if it depends entirely on its levels.

9. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I'm not too familiar with Jean, as I never really used her. I suppose GameFaqs would be a good choice on strategies for her, they got a FAQ for pretty much each character, last time I checked.

:nod