1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

The Zombie Knight Saga

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by Tayimus, Aug 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tayimus Number One

I only just now thought to check if this site had a section for fully written stories, else I would have have made this thread ages ago. Anyway, I've suggested this story to a few members, and have only gotten back positive remarks. So maybe other people on here might like it, too. Fans of shonen battle mangas will surely find themselves right at home.

Tags:
  2. Tayimus Number One

Praise Be @Tayimus it will be a joyful escape after getting reamed on my midterms....

Anyway what are your "burning questions?"

I kinda want to learn more about the Gods and the Void but that seems more endgame.

So I guess I want to know more about the various factions we have so many swirling around its getting hard to keep track of who knows about who and who is against who....Rofal, Parson, Gohvis, etc.

...but really at this point I am wondering when the time skip goes down. Hector has gotten about as far as he can get without a time skip he needs like 20+ years to unlock Pan Rozum at earliest possible.

Oh and sadly I guess the romance stuff...Hector is getting a bit too much power in the Rainlord Circles for him to last not locked up at this point, Roman/Rese was right about that. I guess he is close to Dimas and Zeff but I kinda want to see that come in a Rainlord meeting. Although they might have to get some back before that since Gohvis has Emilia, Sanko presumably still has the rest and Rofal has Cisco. And we still don't know what Gema is up to.

4. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Oh and I really want to know how they killed a whole continent where presumably Gohvis Library is at. I assume some Emperor Class Servants fought a war. We know 5 Marshall Level Foes duked it out and killed a whole island

5. Tayimus Number One

I only had one question, and as I said on the page, it's pretty tame. I just wanna know more about ardor, and how Hector's iron will interact with it.

Yeah, I think The Void, Chaos, and the Gods are endgame. But it was really good writing on Frost's part to expand a little while we were in the Undercrust, and set up the possible rivalry between Hector and Royo.

I'd like to meet the rest of the Marshals. There's like five of them that we haven't met yet. And I'd also like a definite answer if Parson is the leader of the shadow faction of Vanguard, or is it Lamont.

I remember getting into a big discussion with a dude on the site about Hector unlocking pan-rozum. It was general consensus that a random servant would need to have synchronized with their reaper for about 50 years before attempting rozum. I posited that the synchronization rate must be different for every servant/reaper pair--otherwise Harper's feats would literally be impossible--so it might be possible that Hector has a high synch rate and wouldn't need fifty-odd years. The dude I was discussing this with vehemently denied the possibility. We went back and forth, me pointing out the synch rate cannot be the same for eveey servant, and him purposely confusing what I was saying. I really should find those comments and gloat that the idea has some merit since there's an actual term for people that are powerful when young. Maybe I'll do it when I'm feeling particularly petty.

Well, if Hector gets married off to a Rainlord or Sandlord family, I at least want some closure with Lynn. Speaking of which, I wanna know if she unlocked her Incineration. And an answer to my theory that bonding more with her aberration item would unlock the ability to perceive reapers, souls, etc. It just seems like such a handicap. She's supposed to be a predator of souls with the item, but she can't see them. It's odd.

Also, I fully believe that Gema is Valess' servant. And that Valess and Mehlsanz were the reapers that defected from the Prime Archivers with Garovel and Chergoa.

Yeah, I can't imagine it being anything less than Emperor level servant being the ones that destroyed the dead continent. Or maybe that's the location where the Gods were rended from existence by Chaos. Who the fuck knows.

6. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Oh Right we know Hector Iron isn't weak because Ardor flows best through Iron basically it flows best through what the Earths Core and presumably Eleg's Core is made off.

I think Lamont is? I think its clear Parson is not strong enough to take out the Crystal Titan as Jackson hard counters Parson and based on internal monologue scares him shitless. Not that I don't think Parson wouldn't try to stab Lamont in the back but he doesn't seem pro Void so he cannot take out so many of the top Vanguard and not have Abolish win. Speaking of marshalls and top tiers...I think Hector will be in serious trouble if the Salesman gets out because the Salesman knows Hector is a rising star worth watching and unlike Gohvis he seems likely to act on that.

Yeah I am using Harper as the fastest it can occur. Granted it may be quicker for Alteration types in general. Since he is the fastest we are aware of usually it seems to take closer to 50 - 70 years on average. I mean Asad and Zeff are 30+ and only have Pan Forma. And as for Asad I assume the shards will not awaken until he crosses the threshold of Pan Rozum at the earliest.

Of course Hector holding on to a shard also might create an issue for him much like the Rainlords, he is chosen by the Sandlord god like Emilia but he is not a Sandlord….As for Lynn I wonder if the device will corrupt her since it is actually attached to her and like Octavia Redwater she doesn't inherently have her own soul power to suppress the impact. I mean yes Ibai proves an aberration can be good but can they still be good if they are actually killing and taking souls on a regular basis that remains to be seen.

I don't think its Gods because Garovel and Chergoa are from the Dead Continent and the Gods seem to have all disappeared way in the past besides Powerful enough servants like the Dry God who rose themselves up to Divine Level.

7. Tayimus Number One

Apparently, copper is also a good conductor of ardor. Maybe we'll meet a copper materializer/transfigurator at some point.

Oh yeah, that's another thing that I'd like to find out. Jackson's ability. And Lamont's, for that matter

Something would have to happen to Lamont for Ivan to get to Hector. Remember, Lamont's keeping Ivan's head with him at all times. If it happens, though, we do still have Leo in Atreya. Maybe Leo could be thrown at Ivan so Hector can escape. :bookerskully

Yeah, it seems there are quite a few factors that determine "power". While everyone can get powerful with time, there are those that will have a bonus due to winning the power lottery, or having a high synch rate, having blessings, being adept at training or meditation... It's many things. And I like that.

Probably will be more reason for Asad to push Zeff for an arranged marriage. And one for Hector. Absorbing the chosen ones into the Sandlords would alleviate any issues.

Yeah, I've wondered if bonding with the item would corrupt her, going so far as absorbing the item's soul completely so she'd be able to take it off. She'd be indistinguishable from a true aberration...

Good point. I'd forgotten that Garovel and Chergoa are from Exoltha.

8. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well Copper is the other main material in the Earth's Core besides Iron...its mostly Iron.

Yeah Jackson has some sort of fire based ability so does he control heat directly? Is he doing it via light or radiation? It could be nuclear. He is the Star of the West. So presumably something related to stars is his power. Lamont is Iceheart so is that is power or is that his personality or both? I am curious Jackson seems Alteration but Lamont not sure.

Yeah that is true it might be a ticking time bomb. I figure the Salesman coming back he reminds of Kimblee lol and I think he just be dead if he was not.

Yeah only the defense abilities and soul crushing others seem purely connected to time. Its like you passively get enhancement bonuses to damage and defense that cannot be sped up everything else seems variable but time does matter. I actually wonder if the Dry God Hyperbolic Time Chamber will come back into the story. Sure Hector and Emilia weren't strong enough back when they first met but later on? I assume Domain is pretty powerful though since its made to counter a God. Still I think Blessings and Supreme Will are connected. I think anyone trying to get a Blessing without Supreme Will would end up like Hector when he tried to balance two blessings.

Does Asad have two or three kids? Suppose Jada has to marry Hector no matter what if he wants control. But the son can marry Gema or Emilia when they get her back...I still think Hector/Emilia is most likely at this point.

I assume it will have negative impacts, think there needs to be some risk to aberration weapons and their overuse. Asad Brother did seem pretty worried she go evil and Frost likes his callbacks. I figure she at least has to struggle with it though.

Yeah and Garovel mentioned he tell Hector about it and since Garovel and Chergoa don't believe in Gods, I don't think the Gods had anything to do with it. I think it was a pre Abolish vs Vanguard clash.

9. Tayimus Number One

No one has come up with a good guess for Jackson's ability. I'm still trying to reconcile with the fact that he incinerated someone in his own tier...by accident. Bruh.

If I remember, Lamont's moniker is actually a description of his actions, not his ability. He used to be called the Judge, until he destroyed another Marshal whose reaper had been killed.

That's a damn good comparison. :catskully

I don't think Supreme Will would save anyone getting a second blessing. It was just fortunate for Hector that Rasalasad was still lurking in his soul and could help him. Otherwise, Hector would have been a smear on the wall. :kobeha

Though, I do remember Frost correcting me on something pertaining to Supreme Will and Blessings. I just don't remember what it was exactly.

I can only remember two kids of Asad's.

And bah. I prefer Lynn over all of them. But if it had to be Rainlord/Sandlord, I'd rather it be Jada. I just want materialization to be very prominent in Hector's bloodline. Emiliana's mutation wouldn't leave much for a hypothetical future Goffe to do in fights until very later on in their life. Still, I have to admit that Hector's interacted with Emy far more than any girl--can even feel his emotions if he doesn't control them when they're communicating.

And oh shit, I just realized I was promoting eugenics...

Indeed. We'll see how that storyline goes. I hope she'll be more involved in the next bunch of fights.

Yeah, I'm gonna fall back on it being ancient Emperor level servant.

Still, there were those random bears that Nerovoy told Germal to stay away from. Who knows what other Monstrosities Frost is still hiding in the story.

10. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Not his tier anymore. I am impressed he got Emergence as old as he was. I think Jackson is now the closest to an Emperor we know off besides Gohvis. Yeah i think Lamont is for his actions your right.

Yeah my point was I think anyone lacking Supreme Will would get rekt by even One Blessing.

When Asad first got introduced he said he had 3 kids, later on he says he has 2 so I was confused need Frost to clarify that.

I am not saying I don't like Hector and Lynn...I just think Hector is at the point where he cannot simply afford to marry for love alone. If he does it will majorly bite him in the ass. I think he might have missed his chance with Lynn and that is not even accounting him probably needing an Heir. But Garovel also wants to keep his sister around so that is also another thing in the Emilia column and yeah their special mental bond lol. Not to mention Zeff is basically his Dad at this point. I don't think this is a Harem Story. I think Jada is suppose to be pretty hot though...so I guess Emilia depends on how you feel about monster girls.

Which reminds me are Abberations immortal seems most die to soon but since they are powered by souls I wonder if they are immortal or have a higher level beyond if they eat enough. Ibai seems to be the oldest or among the oldest.

Although speaking of super kids...I wonder if Jackson and Sanko have a kid or two.

Finally on the Salesman I forgot...he didn't even use a Hyper State during his fights so I think he is guaranteed to get another fight.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  11. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

Happy the discussion was moved to here, rather than my inbox :p
    Have yet to start reading this, I'm quite busy at the moment, but I'll try not to forget about it!

12. Tayimus Number One

Yeah, you're right. Jackson and Kane can't possibly be the same tier.

Ah yeah, I think I remember what Frost had corrected me on. I had thought a person acquired Supreme Will by getting a blessing. Frost clarified that the two terms were separate but related.

I havr to admit that him not being able to be with Lynn due to his position is some damn good conflict.

Indeed, it does seem like a toss-up between Jada and Emy.

I doubt aberrations are immortal. But you do bring up an interesting idea of them attaining immortal if they eat enough...

Huh...I never thought of that.

Maybe. I'm just saying that a few things need to happen before Ivan gets his tsundere hands on Hector. :bookerskully

13. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Jackson leveling up makes me think Blacksong will go down soon. While Vanguard is up 8 to 5 on the top tier fighters.

Yeah Supreme Will is interesting apparently you can gain in it overtime but considering the Hun'sho tried and failed to develop not easy. So mostly you have it like Hector, Zeff or Emilia or you don't. Allows you to survive blessings and becoming a god. Makes you immune to mental pressure/manipulation due to soul crush.

14. Tayimus Number One

Speaking of Jackson and Blacksong, I had come up with a theory that had gained some traction in the community. The theory goes that Jackson, Sanko, and Gohvis are actually allies and are playing both sides. What made me first think this up was Sanko and Gohvis both knowing Agam Elroy, and Jackson just happens to be Gohvis' "rival" and "arch-nemesis".

The theory ended up kinda coming true, but with Parson, Damien, and Germal instead. :bookerskully

My question is where did Hector and Emilia get Supreme Will? Were they born with it, or did Rasalased bestow it to them? Does Zeff's Supreme Will have anything to do with him having one of the legendary abilities? Questions upon and within questions.

15. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah there are a lot of wheels within wheels type shit going on. Amongst the High Tiers. Good catch on them knowing the same Rainlord. Also Gohvis seems super nonchalant about Jackson leveling up and losing two of his top Lts to Jackson. I think what I like about Abolish is all their top guys seem to like spending time doing research and reading books its kinda funny when you consider most of their standard troopers are not the brightest bunch.

Mutation seems to make physically the strongest fighters. I want to see the ranged applications though although Gohvis does have a good way around that. He can simply teleport to close to melee range. I appreciated the touch that the weaker abolish just got obliterated while the stronger abolish got sent flying. So it will be interesting to see what Emy's 4 Horns special ability is.

I think they had it when they entered. Since its not directly a blessing but maybe the tempering process had some impact on turning it on and the time dilation.

16. Tayimus Number One

Exactly! And supposedly, they're each other's antithesis, but we've never heard of any battle between them. Also, Jackson is actively trying to keep people from trying to "convert" Gohvis, yet even his wife is in on it? Nah, seems like it's all a ploy. Sanko is involved with Blacksong to moniter it's progress while Jackson seeks to destabilize it under the guise of his hatred for Gohvis.

Agreed. The biggest shock for me was when we got JERCASH's point of view. It blew my mind. We get a "villain" point of view--and it's a top rank at that? As well as a fairly recently introduced character? I was honestly gobsmacked.

I still don't understand how Gohvis teleports. That's a mystery I'd want to find out for sure.

I think that's the best guess anyone can have. It'd seem weird to me if Hector had Supreme Will this whole time. At least Focus felt like a natural extension of what Hector was already capable of--so no one noticed the change. Where the fuck was Supreme Will when Hector needed it when he was talking to his mom and shit? It's too bad that Rasalased didn't seem to know much about his blessing (which is odd in itself).

17. ~VK~ The King

I thought it was pretty obvious that supreme will is something inherent to a person. Zeff and royo had it and they had nothing to do with rasalased. A lifetime of neglect wore him down but that doesn't mean hector didn't have it in him.

18. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah Fair Enough Supreme Will right now seems you have it or you don't and while you can apparently develop it...its difficult and we have never seen anyone do it. I wonder if Supreme Will makes you immune to Gorhval mind fucking you. Or Morghunov's technique for forcing people to talk.

I mean Gohvis is immune to the Weaver who can apparently also read minds or something so presumably he has the Supreme Will.

19. Tayimus Number One

I don't see what Rasalased has to do with Zeff or Royo. They could very well been born with Supreme Will. In fact, it makes sense to me that Zeff especially was born with it since he has a "legendary" ability, maybe his Supreme Will is inherently tied to his Water Materialization. For Royo, I've no clue, but it's not like Rasalased is the only being on or in the planet that can give Supreme Will.

As an addition, I theorize that someone with Supreme Will, if powerful enough, can also give it to someone else--which is what I believe Ras did to Hector and Emiliana.

Ah that's what Frost corrected me on! I had believed that Focus was what kept Ivan (and Leo) from reiatsu-crushing Hector, and Gohvis doing the same to Emiliana. Frost stated that I was confusing Focus for Supreme Will. So, we still don't know if Rasalased gave Emiliana a blessing, and if he did, whether it was the same as Hector's.

I had guessed that Germal was trying to mindfuck Emiliana but it had no effect. It remains to be seen if that's true.

Oooh that's a neat answer a mystery. I'd actually forgotten all about that little detail while Hector and company were in the Undercrust, so I never made the connection. It might just be Frost's foreshadowing again.

20. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I think Emilia did get a blessing cause he was tempering both of them, they both share a connection, and he tells everyone they will see his blessing. The difference is he also gave Hector the shield as a bonus somehow lol.

Yeah Supreme Will prevents Reiatsu Crush. Focus is what let Hector act like a computer and partition his mind into different tasks and shut out Garovel.

Also I have no idea how Worm and Ward are so popular...the writing so bad...hot superhero chicks I guess? I don't think I am biased against female leads...

21. Tayimus Number One

Oh, I definitely think she got a blessing too. I just have to point out that Ras really seemed to have liked Hector and might have given him Focus while Emiliana only got Supreme Will. The shield is beside the point since Ras believed that it rightfully belonged to Hector anyway, so he grafted it on his soul. Or Ras could have just used the shield as an excuse to ignore Chergoa--Ras is a bit of a dick. :bookerskully

I haven't read either, but I did read most of Pact, which is another story from that author (I forget his name. Twig?). I liked Pact, but not more than TZKS, and not enough to try Worm.

22. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I think he likes Hector more because he doesn't like Rainlords...even if Hector is common mongrel but I suppose he can respect Hector for being self made.

As far as I can tell based on the Idle God and what he said, Supreme Will cannot be granted, it can be developed presumably through overcoming difficult events and based on the Salesman its rare but not totally unheard of and apparently not limited to Servants.

What I do find interesting is both Gods say "Time is Not Time." Which I guess some level of 4D for them. I wonder if we will run into some prophecy some time soon...now that we have the Void and Gods and Hector is Twice Blessed.

Yeah I gave Ward a try since is top rated but lol its a slow read.

23. Tayimus Number One

A side note, perhaps Rasalased can peer into Chaos, and that's how he's able to seemingly predict the future. He's looking through all that's possible and all that's not, and he nudges circumstances in paths that would benefit his allies. That's why Ras told Hector to just believe in himself (or something, the exact quote is hazy). Ras knew that it was possible that Hector could pull through.

24. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I think its as he explained it. Rasalased knows the Present and knows the Past which allows him to in the short term make very accurate predictions on what will happen. So I am guessing Rasalased knew Abbas was coming and told Hector just enough so that Hector picked the right path based on his prediction. Still at least we know Asad is not dying any time soon in the story. Plot Armor for him to activate the Shards.

I think Abolish is interesting especially since Gohvis believes in Destiny. So like I said eventually I think Gohvis is going to come knocking for Hector over some sort of Prophecy, doubly so when he finds out about that Emy and Hector are talking.

Oh also maybes its the fights Ward at least is like reading a Comicbook Fight, TZKS is like reading a Manga Fight.

25. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Oh also on relationship drama...I think Hector meeting Cisco with a potential Emy relationship around will be hilarious. Not that Cisco is on the level to beat up Hector....but considering the only reason he didnt rekt his friend is because they were friends it should still be funny.

26. Tayimus Number One

Indeed. Ras still seems to have a bit of his mortal prejudices, even though he makes final judgements based on a person's character. If I remember correctly, Ras started choosing people by analyzing their souls, so maybe it's doing that (as well as interactions with former chosen ones) that caused him to shed most of his dickishness.

I'll have to reread Malast said about blessings and Supreme Will again, then.

Ah...While I have faith in Frost to write a prophecy pretty well, I really don't want a prophecy in the story.

Wait, you tried Ward before Worm? Ward's the sequel to Worm, if I remember correctly.

Hmm. That still begs the question of how is Rasalased able to know the Past and Present. I still think he's peering into Chaos. But dumping that much info onto Hector (and us, the readers) would be counterproductive, so Ras just stated that he "knows".

Indeed.

Noooooooo! Prophecyyyy! *hisses*

Side note, I can see Gohvis going after Hector if he discovers the bond between Hector and Emiliana.

Pact is like watching a fight in the show Supernatural. :lmao

Funny thing is that Cisco could probably beat up Hector in a fist fight, having been trained by Mariana from when he was God knows how old.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  27. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah Yeah wrong order I am aware. But even as fast as I can read...Ward has less issues plus you know I thought the writing would be better.

Hector likes fighting like a Knight anyway. Sword and Shield but yeah...I don't actually think melee combat is that important for Materializes though definitely relevant for Mutation users though. I suppose integrators and transmutators also should be good at it.

Supernatural Fight....Supernatural fights are like watching a bad game of DnD. That show is kept afloat by shipping. It marches on endlessly but my god so bad.

28. Courier Six Lord of Dreams

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    So when does this actually start picking up?
    I'm at book 1 and reached the part where the Queen becomes a zombie (undead, resurrected don't know the terminology) and the MC is practising with Motor Bike so that he can go to the capital and do something.

29. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Oh then it should take off when he gets to the Capital. And especially when something goes down at a school.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  30. Tayimus Number One

I think Mariana was training her kids even before they became servants. Ramira knew how to use a gun pretty well for a child, even if she fancies herself a spy.

This is too true. :lmao

Skaddix is right. Let us know what you think about what happens at the capital.

Also, TZK's story is structured similar to a manga, with large story arcs. The first one, which I like to call "Atreya," lasts until volume five or so. I dunno what Book that corresponds to, though. Just know that you're not even halfway through the arc, but things are gonna go by really fast once Hector meets with Helen.