1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Theories on difference between regular clan and bloodline clan

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by jemakai, Dec 6, 2004.

1. jemakai

It seems that the main difference between a blood line clan and a regular clan is that bloodline clans seem to all have physical attributes and/or abilities every one in the clan shares. The only exeption to this would be Haku's clan. He doesn't seem to have any physical attributes that his clan would share (unless all the men look like girls :confused ), and he doesn't seem to have any clan related abilities. I believed that the blood line ability of some one in a blood line clan doesn't need handseals to be activated, but maybe to enhance(Neji performing hand seals to use his x-ray vision). All of Haku's skills during that fight seem to be jutsu's(he used hand seals). The only ability that haku seems to have gotten from his clan is the one-hand seal ability he shows. Since it is clear because even kakashi, who has been through many missions and is quite good at gathering information, had never seen one-hand seals seems to suggest that it is not only Haku's blood line ability but also that he is probably the last of his clan.
    Regular clans seem to have a common jutsu and genetic characteristics. This leads me to believe that blood line clans were at some point in the past regular clans, and they have just evolved to the next level. I would assume that clans like the nara will eventually form blood line abilities in time. Perhaps in the Nara's case the ability to create and munipulate shadows without being near them(maybe a shadow tattoo on their bodies to link them with a pysical attribute), or the Chouji's clan being able to increase or decrease the size of different objects. I don't know how long it takes a regular clan to become a bloodline clan.
    I will assume that Kidomaru was from a blood line because of his unique non-jutsu abilities, but I am not sure arout Sakon and Ukon.
    It also seems that most blood line clans choose to align with a village, rather then being a part of the village. I notice this when the Hyuuga simply are not seen mingling with the public, they seem to stay in their own part of town with other Hyuuga's. The same goes for the Uchihi's.
    Any thoughts on my theories?

Tags:
  2. Metalfan64

I like what you think, and if I may add some things. You may have said these. First, a normal clan is just a family whose name continues. Much like the Nara clan, some specialize in certain jutsus because it is passed down from parent to child. Now with Haku. He is special, and in addition to his jutsus and his one-handed seals, he also has godly speed. This is what runs in his family, as well as the mirrors. These are a bloodline trait because they only work for those whose speed is like Haku's. Yeah I ramble but hey, dont we all?

3. jemakai

It appears that Haku, while fast, was not faster then a pre chuunin exam (and sharingan)Sasuke. His speed was only godly with the demon mirrors, and because of that I don't believe it was a blood line ability. Perhaps they were fast, but that could have been through training.
    Anyway, it maybe the case that Tsunsade is from a clan with a blood line ability. The manga says see inharited her strength from her grandfather the 1st hokage, and the 2nd is his brother. Maybe that clan ability is super strength. If so then 3 of the 5 hokages may be from a blood line clan

4. Modingbeli

The Uchiha clan is an absorber clan, from all we can tell.
    They are born "obsesed" with jutsu. Their purpose is to gather as much jutsu in their face as possible, thus this would lead us to believe that they would intermarry alot more than most. But the fact is that most of them aren't obsesed with jutsu.

All clans, it seems are more concerned with getting to the next level of power.

blah, blah... hmmm...

If you have an "ultimate taijutsu" and you teach it to a low level ninja, he can kill pretty much anyone. Why? The same reason that Kakashi couldn't pull his hand out of Haku's pretty chest. There is "absolute" strength. That's why blood lines pawn.

They have these absolute techniques that cannot be beat traditionally. That's all.
    Unless of course, you are using an inhumanamount of chakra, you can't break from Haku, Shikamaru's, and Itachi's bloodline jutsus.
    Inhuman means, not human.
    -gaara
    -naruto

5. duffman13

Actually, Haku's bloodline ability was the manipulation of water/ice. If you remember his flashback, with no ninja training he suspended water in midair betweeen his hands. Also, when he was about to be killed by his father, he created several large ice spikes and killed his attackers. He has a specific advantage in water jutsus, but you probably need the crazy control offered by the bloodline limit to use a jutsu like the demonic ice.

6. Vegeta

Bloodline is too do with your genes, you can do what you do because of your genes. Regular clans have techniques that are passed down, to members of the clan only. Simple short post this time, I don't feel any more is needed.

7. Kagaisha

That's probably how it goes yeah...but how does Advanced Blood awaken? Is it the continueos(sp?) use of these family jutsu, a twist of fate or does all Advance Blood eventually stem from the same source? It'd be interesting to see Kishimoto explain it...if he does at all...

8. Tautou

Well, all clans have bloodlines... There's a difference between a simple bloodline and an advanced bloodline. The difference between the two is that the latter is from a superior lineage, and that's the difference between a regular clan and a clan with an advanced bloodline.

Also, in the original post, it's stated that all of Haku's attacks seem to be simple jutsu's, but an advanced bloodline is in fact a jutsu passed down from your ancestors... And this was said already, but his ability had to do with manipulating water and ice.

It'd make sense that hand seals are needed for some of the jutsu's, such as Sasuke's Sharingan and Neji's Byakugan, but they aren't essential. We've seen Neji use Byakugan's ability of penetrating vision without the use of hand seals, as well.

I doubt that, for example, the Nara clan will ever evolve to the point of having an advanced bloodline.

9. Modingbeli

I'm still confused by your definition.
    All Clans have a defining style and their own chakra type.

But Bloodline clans have certain traits that could never be matched. Like manupilating water, bugs, sand, or having x-ray vision or blue materia in your face. These traits are not learned. They can manifestate without any proper training.

However, regular clans have attacks that they hand down, that can certainly be copied, like Inuzuka's beast morph, Nara's shadow techniques. But they are kept secret from outsiders. Also they can use them better because their lineage (aka chakra type) allows them to do it better than Itachi ever could.

In that case, the Nara clan could become an Advanced Bloodline clan if their kids manupilated shadows, not just used techniques that required them.

-----------
    Oh yeah. It requires chakra to perform Beast Morph, and Shadow Bind. However, it takes no chakra to manupilate simple sand, water, or to see behind your head.

10. inactive kusanagi

hmm, i dont think haku is the only one who is capable of using one-hand seals... i think itachi should be able to do the same. during his fight with kakashi, with one hand he distracted kakashi with shurikens and then suddenly kakashi got attacked by jutsu's (i believe one was water dragon, the other was kagebunshin). also, itachi didnt look like he moved much, so i suppose using one hand-seals was very possible for him... i think.

anyway, nothing much to add to the topic than what has already been said...
    i think the only advanced bloodlines we've seen in konoha is the uchiha hyuuga and possibly the aburame clan...

11. FFLN

I think that Bloodline Clans get their powers from using certain techniques so much that their bodies mutate and they somehow manage to pass these traits onto subsequent generations.

12. Violence Fight

Its just evolution when you break it down. It could come from any number of things, Hell, it could even be a mutation of some sort in the genes. Who knows how it got started. Thats the only way for us to truly know the difference. For all we know one day a hyuuga had a kid with white eyes that could see through things. Eventually more started turning up.

thats basically my theory. Its just a random mutation of sorts that has occured. Nothing too special other than that.

Come to think of it, this is a semi important thing, so maybe kishimoto himself will explain it when the time comes.

13. FFLN

I don't think he'll really bother to explain it. It would probably seem corny if he did.

"And so all of the ninja that helped to fight and defeat the legendary chakra beasts became imbued with a bit of that power and passed that down to their children as bloodline limits."

It's not like he has to explain every detail of the Naruto world.:D But a non-corny gradual explanation would be okay.

14. Violence Fight

well thats what I meant. I don't expect him to come up with some ludicrous story involving chakra beasts, a bag of fingernails, Glen Danzig and the disembodied head of a centaur to explain it. But a gradual "Information revealed" slowly explanation is sort of called for. Since for right now, advanced bloodlines are sort of a loose end.

He's explained everything else(from Jutsu's, to character backgrounds, to even the places people have fought at). I Figure he'll work in a slight bit of info every once in awhile.

Then again, when has Kishi ever done anything we expected. He takes the ball and runs the opposite direction with it..or atleast makes it something unexpected(even if it is expected, such as the kakashi gaiden mission problem)

15. Modingbeli

Kishimoto tends to not explain alot of necessary information like:

1. Why are do the Shinobi nation states exist?
    2. What Happened 4 generations ago to create the villages?
    3. Bloodline questions
    4. Motives
    5. Why do ninjas suck over-all at politics?(see 1&2)

Alot of these questions are really useless in regard to naruto and co. but they would certainly explain the world they live in. It's not like in Eva where you know where everything comes from.

16. Limitles Shadow

That's Orochimaru, not the Uchiha clan.
    Before Itachi, the clan was dedicated to serving the country (as Itachi's father states, "make yourself a useful connection").

Modingbeli: To help clarify; some clans have special family techniques while other clans have special blood limits which allow them to also do family techniques. The difference is that the first clan's techniques can be taught to anybody because there is no specific catalyst required. The second clan's technique may be taught to a member not of the clan but will not activate because that person not from thesecond clan does not have the required catalyst (the blood limit) to perform the technique.

17. Dyroness

Yeah, for instance, the Aburame Clan. When a child is born, his/her body is given for the destruction bugs to reside, thus being the origin of its abilities. So, it's not impossible to have an Aburame child who can't control bugs - you can always stop a clan's ritual.

18. stormrunner

Don't think there is any connection except the part about uchia and hyuuga saying in their part of town. But i think also that Uchia moved in the public but didn't use their sharingan but the hyuuga stayed away

19. Jin

Controling there Shadows is an advanced bloodline. It can not be copyed. There is no way to do it unless you are from the Nara clan.

Advanced Bloodlines start from one person of each clan. And im guessing they get there advanced bloodlines in diffrent ways. Some people advanced bloodlines could be so diffrent that you wouldnt think they are advanced bloodlines unless you really looked at it.

Say if the 4th never died. ANd he had kids how had kids and everyone in his clan had huge amounts of charka. That would be an advanced bloodline. If they have so much charka then they could create moves that no one else would use cause it would take to much but for them it would be fine cause they still had alot more charka left.

What im trying to say is. If you wanted to know how people got Advanced Bloodlines, you would have to earn about each Advanced Bloodline clan in naruto because there most likely all diffrent.

20. raijin

The Nara Clan does not possess a Kekkei Genkai (Advanced Bloodline/Bloodline Limit). Their techniques are 秘伝 (Hiden > Secret) jutsu.

21. Modingbeli

what raijin said.

The Nara shadow jutsu is really no longer "secret" since Sound nin knew about it it. Regardless, it can be copied since it's no different than the jutsu from Zabuza's village(Water Clones) They are both non standard jutsu unlike Kage Bushin or Kiwarimi.

The only advantage to Bloodline/secret techniques is you can't prepare for them. They basically usually are techniques that are impossible to counter unless you are part of the clan, or studied them.

They are example of these laying around. Having immense chakra to throw them off doesn't count as a counter; that's just brute force.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  22. raijin

The Sound nin only know about the technique, they don't know how to perform it, so, it's still a Hiden jutsu. The only individuals we know capable of performing Kage Mane no Jutsu are from the Nara Clan.

In chapter 207, Shikamaru mentions that Hiden Ninjutsu use a Tokubetsu na Chakra (Special Chakra). So, it is different from other "normal" jutsu. It is unknown where Hiden Ninjutsu can be "copied" or not.

23. Modingbeli

true dat.
    you win the prize.

24. jemakai

Yeah you are right, but it seems to me by the way that the sound ninja's talked about it that it is either a another from of a jutsu that they are already familiar with or they reconize it because they entountered an ancestor jutsu of it. Either way their may be other clans in the world that use similar jutsu to the Nara clan.
    I assume that most every one who posted pretty much agrees with my theories, keep the input coming.

25. Marvin

maybe Orochimaru told the sound nin about that jutsu, since he was once a leaf nin(a high ranking one at that), he may know many of konoha jutsu.

26. Modingbeli

Since we know that jutsus have been around longer than the villages themselves, it only makes sense that people in other regions would be familiar with each others jutsus because of wars and such.

Sidenote: You know how they say that Oi-nins(Hunters) hunt down deserters so secrets can't be found? Well, since they are so versed in sealing up jutsu, and what not, doesn't it seem that would also serve a double duty as sealing jutsu from dead enemy bodies after battles?

Since the sound nin was familiar with the old name of the jutsu, he probably had gotten the information from some outdated information file (the "bingo" book). Because of that, he knew about what the jutsu would be doing, and its limitations. Sure, he couldn't perform it, but a Sharingan user, or a high Ninjutsu genius could probably be able to emulate that one, but not the one that uses "Special Chakra."

On the "Special Chakra" technique, that is a trait that it singular to Bloodline Limit jutsus. They cannot be copied because an Aburame cannot change his base chakra type so that he can perform the special neck bind jutsu. Sharingan observes all this, obviously, but the user cannot perform it.

27. Aidake

This is absolutely true, kudos on being observant. Orochimaru definitely prepped the sound nins to know of Konoha's shinobi's techniques. I don't know if this is a spoiler, but in Neji's battle against Kidoumaru/ugly spider guy, he SAYS that he knew about the Hyuuga because Orochimaru had told him.

28. Bowling Pin

"Bloodline clans" = mutants.

29. Lannik

this is the last thread in this whole section lol just though i'd bring it back to the forefront :)