1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Theory AL/Hell God

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Turrin, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Turrin

I believe that the Hell God Statue is a Intelligent Being...the pieces of its being were seperated at one time into the 9-bijuu, which at first were just raging beast, but as they came into contact with more and more humans they developed more of human like personalities. Thats why some bijuu are more animal like then others because of they weren't exposed to human contact as much. For example the three tails slept in the ocean all day...probably only rarely ever comming into contact with humans...thus it still remains completely un-intelligent.

The point of this is that the Hell God is always seeking to become whole again...so it can relize its former power. However it has no real body so its forced to use others to work for its own ends....its ultimate purpose is to conquer the world. The Hell God's main power is that it has the ability to tempt people with what they desire the most....and i think it has made its appearance many times throughout the history of konoha. I think all of the great wars were started because the Hell God tempted the people in-charge with wealth, power, etc...each war brought it closer to the bijuu and conquering the world. However each hero of the time has ultimately over-come the hell god.

So to make a long story short this is what i believe happened that led up to the creation of Akatsuki. The leader of Iwa at the time discovered the Hell God Statue...and learned the jutsu to summon it. The Hell God Promissed him the power he needed to take over the world if he was to allow the Hell God to posses his body...which he did. This led to the Great Shinobi war in-which Yondaime was the hero of. During the war the Hell God was able to come into contact with many different strong shinobi through his host. Now let me clarify somthing...i believe that when the hell god takes over a new host it doesn't take over its mind entirely but instead lies dormant, but instead erases all the good that the shinobi once possed and causes all of that shinobi's doubts, dark side, etc...to take over.

At the very end of the war....Yondaime fought the Leader of Iwa at the time and was able to defeat him. At that time he learned of the hell god and how it had possesed the Iwa leader and its effects on its host. Also at that time the Hell God spoke to yondaime and tried to tempt him to become its next host(because it always seeks for the strongest shinobi)...but yondaime being the pinnacle of virtue was able to resist the Hell God. However he felt it was too dangerous to leave the Hell God Statue anywhere so he used his space time jutsu to seal it in another dimmension..where only he could summon it back from.

However the Hell God soon devised a new plan...it knew that the strongest of the nine Bijuu was dorment in Konoha, so it used one of the many people it had come in contact with during the war and tempted him to release the bijuu(this was probably orochimaru, Sasori, or one of the other Senior Members of Akatsuki). The kyuubi was then released and proceeded to take vengance against the village that had held it prisoner for so long....the bijuu was so powerfull that no one in the village could stopp it. The Hell God used this oppertunity to tempt Yondaime...it told Yondaime that it could grant him the power to seal the demon if he allowed the Hell God to take controll of him. The deal was struck and Yondaime was given one of the nine rings...which shows the pact between the Hell God the person with the ring.

The Hell God...then taught Yondaime the Death God Seal...Yondaime went off to seal the bijuu...and successfully did so, but he betrayed the Hell God by sealing the bijuu into Naruto(his son)...hoping that the Bijuu would give naruto the power to stand up against the Hell God...in the future when his mind was completely taken over by the Hell God. Yondaime used the last bit of his senses before the Hell God took over to teach Sarutobi the Death God Seal and tell him that he wanted naruto to be treated as a hero...take care of the village...etc.. Then he left to try and hold of the demonic transformation for as longs as he could.

Eventually the Hell God was able to turn Yondaime completely evil and erase all of his former goodness...and thus we have the AL as he is now...the Dark side of Yondaime mixed with the consciouness of the Hell God. The AL recruited many of the strong shinobi he met during the last great shinobi war tempting them with other promisses if the served him.....follow this up all the way to the current point in the manga

I think this theory is very plausable because it answers all of the questions in the manga in a logicall way it also shows excellent parrallells between yondaime and naruto..and would be a good way to end the manga. I also believe that the Hell God continues to search for a stronger host...and he is actually training in his own sick twisted way Sasuke and Naruto to be that next host. Because i believe that the Hell God never has a true phiscail form even when all of the bijuu are collect it then merely has 100% of its power...but it still needs a physicall body to inhabit or its power remains outside the dimension of the world.

I also believe that at some point the AL also tempted Itachi and the price that he had to pay for whatever power the AL granted him was that he would help to provide a more powerfull host for the AL. Orginally AL thought itachi would become that host...but now he will measure Itachi's compacity against his brothers and that of Naruto's to see who would actually become the strongest host. In the end i think Hell God will end up making a deal with Sasuke that he will give him the power to kill his brother if he becomes his next host...becuase he will think Sasuke has the most potentaill because of the power that Sasuke has achieved out of his hate and desire for vengance only to eventually be defeated and learn that the Will of Fire is even more powerfull and that he should have taken naruto as his new host

Tags:
  2. salmonking2

A very nice theory... I especially like the part where the Hell God turned Yondaime evil for betraying him since this is kinda along the lines of what I was thinking in regards to the AL's true identity.

4. Spencer_Gator

Awesome theory, now I want this to happen so bad..it is a great reason for Yondaime to be the leader of Akatsuki..damn that kicked ass.

5. KamiKazi

nice little story you got there. :thumbs

6. Tyrannos

Why this theory now? Is it because of the discussion in the 356 thread? :p

I will agree to a point. When I first got into Naruto and saw the Sealing Statue, I thought immediately of a creature the AL (without the knowledge of the majority of Akatsuki) was trying to resurrect it, which needs the power of the Bijuu.

But I will disagree that the Bijuu were part of it. Because it discounts what was said about the Shukaku and the Kyuubi.

And I will also disagree with the corruption of the spirit by the Demon. That seems like a cop-out storytelling style that will ruin the story. And like the Bijuu, it will discredit their back stories. Sasori, Orochimaru, Kakuzu, and Hidan were obviously evil prior to entering Akatsuki. We know this is absolutely true with Orochimaru.

The Yondaime part makes absolutely no sense. Konoha and Orochimaru know the members of Akatsuki. If Yondaime was the leader, then they would've said something by now.

And that Sasuke part is really out there. That would confirm what people said about the story being more of Sasuke than Naruto. It won't happen. I personally believe Itachi's slaying of the Uchiha's were seperate of Akatsuki, in which Itachi is trying to prevent something from happening than plotting in making something happen.

7. Spencer_Gator

The Yondaime part makes sense, who's to say Orochimaru would say anything..? Besides he might not have even ever saw what the Leader looks like.

8. The Juggernaut

I actualy never liked any of the Yondaime/AL therories, but after reading this I could believe that scenario, since this is the only theory i've seen so far that gives a believable reason for Yondaime turning evil.

9. Master Sasori

10. Spencer_Gator

I could see this happening, especially since Naruto v Sasuke could very well be last fight, this is a good way to make this happen.

11. Turrin

In what way...it was stated that the Shukaku is the spirit of a corrupt sand priest...but why couldn't the current Shukaku be that of a corrupt sand priest that inherited a piece of the Hell God and then became the Shukaku...in-fact it would explain how a priest could become a bijuu in the first place

And the kyuubi we don't know anything about its past so how does that conflict with my theory

I didn't say that the spirit corrupted Sasori, Orochi, etc...i said that it had come into contact with them during the great shinobi wars and thus knew that not only where they strong shinobi, but could be tempted to serve under him

In my thoery i only said that the Sandaime would know that the AL is Yondaime who was inhabited by the Hell God....Now Konoha wouldn't know about Yondaime = AL because Sandaime would have many good reasons not to make this information public. For one it would not look good to other nations and create great instability in the nation having its strongest shinobi/hokage becoming a missing nin and possed by a demon...in-fact it would send konoh into a panic and who knows what would have happened to naruto. Second it was better for Naruto to not know that his father had gone crazy and now threatened the world at large. Finally it may have been a last respect to yondaime that he be rembered as a hero instead of some one who soled his soul to a demon.

Why...its just one of the host bodies that the AL would be looking to inhabit the other would be naruto's

12. Tyrannos

No offense to Turrin, but that is not possible. The AL is clearly not the Yondaime. The AL doesn't have long hair like the Yondaime, isn't blonde, has a beard, nose piercings, and the eyes are completely different (not mentioning color due to some who don't agree with the Anime).

Why Orochimaru wouldn't say anything? Why would he be quiet? Remember he lost in being chosen Yondaime Hokage. Why would he join an organization that someone he despised lead it?

And saying Orochimaru didn't know what he looked like is crazy. They know who each other is. Because we see them as Holograms, doesn't mean they don't.

13. Spencer_Gator

Hair color can change, maybe the hell god has an effect on someone's looks..and as for the eye thing his eyes change like every time he is shown lol..

14. Turrin

Actually it explains everything
    1)Piercings or Markings could be a sighn of him being evil or the Hell God's Influence on his personality

2)Eye, Hair Style, and Hair Color change is a common thing in Manga's to help visuall aid readers when a character that was good before has etheir gone evil or is being controlled by an evil force

3)The beard was never confirmed...that was a shadow don't make shit up

1)Yes orochimaru wasn't chosen to be hokage...but where does it state that he hated yondaime for it.

2)We don't know if all of them know the leader's identity in-fact i doubt they do now seeing as how kabuto hand all of orochi's information on the AL/Akatsuki over to naruto...and i doubt naruto is going to learn the identity of the leader from a book.

3)Orochimaru could have joined Akatsuki to futher his own ends...and thats why he eventually betrayed the organization...if oro could use an organization to become stronger and closer to his goals i doubt he would care who was leading it

15. Tyrannos

/sigh. Let me ask you, how many anime characters have you known have voluntarily changed hair color?

Besides, as I said which you are obviously not caring. The AL's hair style and eye structure are completely different than the Yondaimes. Not to mention him becoming a villian is really anti-climatic and really bad story telling without hinting at it early in the series to hype up Naruto redeaming him.

You can do a poll right now, and I guarantee you the majority of people will vote the Yondaime is DEAD, and is not the AL. :notrust

Look Turrin, we can discuss this all night long. Because if pieces of the Demon were relevant, then there would be more emphasis on it than just an after thought. And of course the other demons would've been revealed to have similar corruptions as well.

As for the Kyuubi, remember the very beginning. It was around forever and came around periodically though history causing chaos and destruction. (Its in the databook and other canon sources).

Turrin, your countering canon. Yondaime died doing the Shiki Fuujin. The manga says it, the Databook says it, Kishimoto himself said it. Why do you insist him being alive when everything says he is dead?

16. ordycitizen

Maybe we should wait until the contents of the black book that has been given to Naruto revealed. It may contain some key informations including a possible info of where the AL come from. I'm theoretically sure it has nothing to do with Yondaime, whether its 100% yondaime, 50% yondaime, or 20% yondaime.

In the mean time I could only say, nice imagination.

Narutoverse, so far, only showing us one "god" that is the "Death god" and its only a jutsu. I don't think Naruto would be a manga that involving gods into story like Saint Seiya did. Not even the filler episodes or movies dare to showing another gods into the story. So, until now, I'm theoretically sure there would be no real god ever shown or involved in Narutoverse.

17. Turrin

Again just because one piece of the hell god ended up inhabiting the body of a currupt sand priest does not mean all of them did....in-fact this could explain why the kyuubi has a connection to the uchiha clan because a piece of the hell god corrupted one of the uchiha. Yeah it was stated that the kyuubi appeared throughout history as a naturall disaster...but it was never stated that the kyuubi has been around forever...so don't make stuff up

Because you know in a shonnen manga there is never any character that is said to be dead, but is really alive....also if this theory was true it wouldn't even go against cannon...because techniquelly the Fourth would have died after performing the Shikka Fuujin seal and the AL(Fourth's Dark Side Combined with Hell God is all the remains) I can't believe people can be so adment that eventhough i character is stated dead..that he can't come back even though we have seen many cases in the manga when a character has done just that

18. Spencer_Gator

People come back all the time, and having Yondaime come back bad would kick ass.

19. -GoW-

So Yondaime (AL) didn't seal Kyuubi inside Naruto because he was evil like you've said so many times before?

And do you honestly think that someone could tempt Orochimaru and play him? And why didn't Orochimaru taunted Sandaime with the "fact" that his precious Yondaime was corrupted?

20. Turrin

This is just one of the ways that Kishi could write yondaime being evil/AL there are many ways to do so and for me to be able to guess what each point in the plot would be...would be impossible.

Yes i think some one could easly tempt orochimaru...with many things...

Orochimaru wouldn't taunt Sandaime becuase we don't even know if he knows the Yondaime = AL and what would he have to taunt Sandiame with any way....

Orochimaru, "Guess what Yondaime is the AL hahahah."

Sandaime, "Yeah i know"

Orochimaru, "But did you know he was taken over by an acient God."

Sandaime, "Yeah....he alllowed himself to be to save the village."

Orochimaru, "....."

Sandaime, "But in another two and a half years..guess where you will be."

Orochimaru, "Ruler of the Leaf :)"

Sandaime, "Guess again."

Orochimaru, "Ruler of the World????"

Sandaime, "I'll Give you a hint....think smaller and somthing you can see with."

Orochimaru, "I got i will be an eye."

Sandaime, "Yup."

Orochimaru, "Yes i win.............wait an eye....no i can't...whose eye....sensi."

Sandaime, "You don't wanna know"(Sandaime walks away...orochimaru is crying on the ground)

Orochimaru, "Sob...Sob...wait...Sob...Sob."

Yeah thats how it would have gone

21. Aeld

I never get sick of looking at your siggie. I think i PM'd you about it once it was so awesome :tem

Anywho - the theory - YES its a good'n. As theories go, but its a bit erm... its a bit DRAMATIC isnt it? I mean there's been no mention of 'Gods' in Naruto until now, so i'm a tad scepticle <-- how the hell do you spell that? :ruri

22. Chaos Hokage

This is an interesting theory, but it does discount the origins of the Kyuubi & the Shukaku. The Kyuubi didn't always have 9 tails. According to legend, kitsune grows a new tail every 100 years, so the Kyuubi was just a Ichibi about 800 years in the past (in the manga, of course). And the Shukaku was originally a sand priest, who's spirit was corrupted.

23. Yuki Uchiha

1) the sealing technque that Yondaime used kills the user, right?
    2)Ppl will already know and would have said something?
    3)Why would Yondaime cuts his hair and die it?
    4)Why would he perice himself percings?

24. Aeld

eeeeEEEEh?! :twitch o_O where did you find this out!!?
    I'm not arguing i'm just generally mis-informed i think!

25. Turrin

1)The kyuubi in myth always had nine tails not all fox sprites start out with one and go up to nine...some have always had nine

2)The shukaku was stated to be a corrupt sand priest...but how the hell does a corrupt sand priest become a gaint raging bijuu with near infinite chakra anyway. Seems to me that it would make more sense if a corrupt sand priest found a piece of the Hell God's spirit and took it into his body which turned him into the shukaku...its possibly that this is how all the bijuu were created...pieces of the hell god where discovered by different shinobi and combined with them to form the bijuu mabye the stupid ones where orginall animals that pieces of the hell god inhabited

1)If the Hell God Taught him the Sealing Technique to Save the Village as part of a deal to gain controll of his body its possible that the normal deal for the jutsu that the user gives his life was altered for Yondaime...to the user instead allows his soul to be inhabited by the Hell God. It makes sense that the Death God Seal would be a jutsu used by the Hell God...because in myth Shingami/Death Gods where the servents of the Hell God...the job was to collect the souls of the dead and present them to the Hell God to be judged.

Another explenation would be that the Hell God Taught Yondaime how to call one of his subordinate Death God's to the human world...which Yondaime then taught Sandaime how to do. However...Sandaime being mortal died under the strain of using the jutsu as any other mortal person would, however Yondaime didn't die because the Hell God's spirite was inside his body making him capable of using the powers of the Death God's w/o dieing

2)The Sandaime(which in my theory was the only one who knew) would have good reason not to say anything...like preventing instability amongst the people...to have the people of konoha find out that Yondaime the strongest shinobi ever had not died, but instead been taken over by some spirit and become evil it would cause wide spread panic...especailly in the wake of the many shinobi deaths caused by the kyuubi

3)Change of appearance because of the Hell God's influence

4)Same as above

26. Mike Hunt

good theory but then kishi would have to tell all of that and thats too much

27. Spiral Man

This could be the best Akatsuki Statue theory ever.

No flaws, though there were some things i don't think could work, aka naruto son and yondaime teaching sarutobi the jutsu before his death.

Other than that, this is a great Theory.