1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Theory on Mangekyo Sharingan *spoilers maybe*

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Incarnate, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Incarnate

My theory of Sasuke obtaining the mangekyo sharingan is different to how Itachi obtained his. You may wonder this is all nonsence and bullshit and this is how i think of it.

In chapter 234 page 16, Sasuke states he will not follow the same path as Itachi and obtain power in his own way and u may think he's referring to curse seal. Sasuke is probably taking advantage of Orochimaru to learn more jutsus.

I think Sasuke will awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan while saving/protecting Naruto while a member of Akatsuki is trying to kidnap him or something. As we know Kishi have something with protecting friends and how true power is unleashed as one is protecting something/someone they love. Lee's rule to use Ura Renge is that... Gaara realised that power comes from protecting love ones... Haku also states that aswell.. So i would believe Sasuke's true power which is the Mangekyo Sharingan to be awaken while protecting naruto.

Imagine Naruto just about to be knocked out Itachi or another Akatsuki member.. and Sasuke's like damn it... damn it.. if only i had the power... <dramatic pause> *shwing* Mangekyo Sharingan *shwing* and uses Amatersu to stop the attack. Naruto's like... Sasuke... you.... and Sasuke's like... i see... true power comes from protecting your closest friend...

There's always some will say no no no Kishi wrote that Mangekyo Sharingan can only be awaken by killing your closest friend... you are right but Kishi hasnt finished Naruto and who knows what suprises await us.. I don't think Sasuke will kill Naruto, if he wanted to.. he would have done it already.. and if Naruto dies.. then the series will be over. Maybe Sasuke will never get the Mangekyo Sharingan and this theory sucks arse. This theory may be one of those happy endings we see so often, but this is just my 2 cents.

This theory may be one of those happy endings we see so often.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
    Tags:
  2. natsuke

Who really knows ay... looks like we're gonna have to wait to see if Sasuke would ever achieve the Mangekyo Sharingan...

3. kotetsu

did it ever occur, that sasuke wont need to get mangekyou

4. Nyarlathotep

Since his fate is to kill Itachi and Itachi himself said that only another Mangekyo Sharingan can defeat him (or something along the lines of that), I would say maybe.

I would say that because Itachi contradicted himself, he said only another Mangekyo can defeat his but he also said Jiraiya could beat him too (and I'm sure Jiraiya doesn't have Mangekyo Sharingan).

Of course, Sasuke would have to become as strong as Jiraiya after the 3 years for him to not need Mangekyo Sharingan to kill Itachi, and that's not very probable.

Can anybody else feel another translation or "Jiraiya vs. Itachi" war? I hope this thread doesn't become one because there's already many of those, I also predict somebody will correct me since that chapter has way too many scanlations (4-5 if I'm not mistaken) and I don't remember exactly what the version I downloaded said.

5. snatchii

Mangekyou Sharingan is the "bad" sharingan, where you must kill your closest friend to obtain it, what if Sasuke awakens a "good" sharingan? ;)

6. raijin

Itachi is not referring to himself directly, but rather his genjutsu "Tsukuyomi", which can only be defeated by a Sharingan user with the same "blood".

7. Nyarlathotep

*stands corrected*
    Forget my entire previous post (except the 3rd paragraph).

8. Final Ultima

I think Sasuke made himself pretty clear when he said he'd no longer be Itachi's puppet and that he'd get power in his own way. I think he's put the idea of getting the Mangekyou Sharingan behind him now, much like when Ryu put the idea of succumbing to the Satsui No Hadou behind him in the Street Fighter series. Sasuke will find a way around it.

9. Hiiro

I would find it completely bad-ass if Sasuke learned to fight without using his eyes. Like he is about to fight Itachi then puts a cloth around his eyes. Then whoops the shit out of Itachi.

Would look pretty cool..

10. truewraith

all this talk about sasuke getting stronger makes me want to fast foward the manga but anyways that i believe that sasuke will have to become quite strong to beat his brother but remember after 3 years oro will try to possess him

11. dryller

I think Sasuke will get the mangekyo sharingan but won't get it by killing Naruto. Since throughout the series, most people get stronger when they have something to protect, he will probably get it trying to protect Naruto or Sakura.

12. Teren_Kanan

I find it very plausible that Sasuke can learn the M.Sharingan, without "killing his best friend". I've always thought getting the M.Sharingan by killing your friend came from the mental stress of it, not so much the action of doing it, that wouldn't make much sense imo. I would assume similar mental stress could awaken it as well.

13. smurfx

i agree with that. that's why i think itachi may be going blind because he did not obtain it the right way but took the short cut and got it by killing his friend and that brought about m. sharingan. and since his body is not ready for m.sharingan that's why he may be going blind.

14. *shikamaru*

i think sasuke will get the m.sharingan because well .... it would be super cool
    but i think he will get it by getting it lol my idea is hard to explain.... if you know what i mean please say lol

15. Yakuza

you are clearly a sasuketard ......
    but nice hteory

16. ironblade_x1

it'd be awesome if sasuke opened up a new sharingan... but then again i'd disagree with the idea of mangekyou being considered "bad" since kakashi has obtained it... although no one is sure how

17. *shikamaru*

erm wats a sasuketerd lol

18. Yakuza

he loves sasuke
    sasuke worshiper
    hed probably suck his pen... wait... pus** if he saw sasuke in real life..

(OOOOPS... too far)

:p

19. *shikamaru*

erm hate to burst your bubble but i don like sasuke i think itchis cool but sasuke is a weekling (my fave char is shikamaru)

20. Pulvermix

What about Kakashi? I assume he isn't on par to Itachi when it comes to "bad".
    I think the way of obtaining it is unique to every user.

21. Mangekyō

It would seem so, but then again, Kakashi's not an Uchiha either, so maybe he has the ability to earn it in a different way.

22. Bfrost7

i've always had my own theory on how the MS works, idk if somebody has thought of this before but to me, i think it works very much like the byakugan, basically on every frame we've seen the MS we see lots of veins and striations on the face and eyes of the users, just check out kakashi's and itachi's face, i think since the sharigan is a dojutsu it operates on a principle of concentrating chakra to enhance its power, know the reason i think that kakashi's is different from itachi's is because of his affinity to lightning, most uchiha's have a natural affinity to fire, sasuke's fire/lightning, so his should still be similar to itachi's if he ever gets it. Comments, questions?

23. zaiigoukyou

hmm interesting. The Good sharingan wouldn't have any negative side effects like Itachi's making him blind. It would sort of be like the USSJ and SSJ2 transformations from DBZ.

24. rotflmao

I don't believe Sasuke would acquire Mangekyo Sharingan, rather I agree with others mentioning that he'll be using a new type of Sharingan, because he will not fulfill the prerequisite of killing his bestfriend.

I think it will end up with Naruto being cornered by a weakend Akatsuki, meaning less members, like Itachi and AL being the ones remaining or something like that. Then, Sasuke enters the picture to make it look like its a two on one handicap. But Sasuke's true intentions, if you remember from the first part of the story, that his plans are to revive his clan and kill the murderer that is his brother. so, he gets it on with Itachi, but he pwns him because he still does not have MS. fast-forward to the point that Naruto is on the brink of death. at that moment, a new type of Sharingan is used by Sasuke, and pwns Itachi and weakens AL. then Naruto finishes AL off.

*hmmm.. this is too pro-Sasuke..*

then Naruto kills Sasuke, because he went berserk.

oh, and..
    can we give this a rep? ^_^

25. dc_nat

i think sasuke already activated MS..
    that's why he got the guts to trap orochimaru..

26. *shikamaru*

yeah that could be true

27. Hitokiri118

well dont tell anyone this but i think kakashi attained the manhekyou the same way as itachi. i mean has any one seen gai lately. anyone.

28. Hitokiri118

well i dont think itachi used mangekyou when he defeated orochimaru. i think he just used genjustu.

29. Kagemizu

Did you forget Kakashi got a Gaiback Ride back to Suna after he MS Deidara and his explosion.