1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

This series is Overrated MHA Rant

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by StarlightAshley, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Milliardo G.L.P.

How is it an exact copy of Hidan's ability? Similar sure but not exactly a like. Most abilities have been copied in this day and age. Naruto's abilities were copied did you complain about that?

Stain does not look anything like Zabuza and its an insult to Zabuza you would claim that.. :pek

You must complain a lot though if you want everything original in entertainment.

X-Men is the greatest comic ever created never talk ill of it. :sun

Characters having more abilities means they would become overpowered. Naruto and Sasuke became overpowered because of that. They had an ability for like everything...

Doesn't Killua use lightning? Isn't that copying and unoriginal? What about Gon and his power/strength? :LOS

I love me some HunterxHunter too though but its like reading a novel now and the newly hiatus has me losing some interest.

Yeah, Naruto using Shadow clones and Rasengan out the ass got old in part one. Don't really understand why you would enjoy that but whatever.

2. StarlightAshley Banned

3. Milliardo G.L.P.

4. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

@StarlightAshley I know i did not just read hidan being unique. His concept of dealing damage has been around IRL for ages and has been done in media for centuries.

"Having multiple jutsu and only using two is better than just having one skill". Guess you weren't around for the konoha library's weekly "discussions" which was 90% of posters bitching about kishi's lack of versatility when it didn't come to uchiha's. Characters like A, gaara, tsunade, hashirama, minato, etc all spammed one bread and butter technique in general so save it. Can't fool me when i was around for naruto's downfall.

5. StarlightAshley Banned

So Fairy tail isn't a bad series?? :laugh:laugh

I'm sure their are shared damage skills in other series, now that I thnk about it isnt Hidan's power just a variant of the mind transfer jutsu? Well regardless, the whole blood consumption thing was unique to Hidan, which makes it clear that stains power was based off him.

As for them not taking advantage of all their jutsus It dosen't matter if that's something people complain about, it dosent mean its better than having just 1 power. :):)

6. Milliardo G.L.P.

Ya know Ashley I can't help but agree about little Baku. :LOS

He just doesn't make sense as a hero. He's always talking shit, has explosions as power, and had to be taught to actually save people. I mean just imagine Superman or Spiderman telling someone to shut the hell up and heal themselves. Can you imagine that? :hehee

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Kroczilla Well-Known Member

*cough*vampires*cough*

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  8. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Its not a failure of a series, people feel very strongly about it.

9. ~VK~ The King

Superman was a dick.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. Roman Emperor

I feel like OP is trying too hard with its criticism here tbh :lmao

11. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

I just had to find out what that terrible secret was, and . . .

===============

Oy @Xiammes, can we get this Saitama face as a smiley?

12. ~VK~ The King

13. Tayimus Number One

Holy shit. We need Superman to be this savage again. Too many Nice Guys out there crying because of some women choosing the Bad Boys. Make Supes Savage Again! Teach these Nice Guys how to have self-esteem!

14. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Superman would never really act like that. Looks like those dumb 'what if' stories that DC was fond of back then. That or there's some twist in the plot that calls for Superman to behave in an out of character manner. The first is from the 50s and the second from my era of comic reading, the 60s. These were before Stan Lee and Marvel changed the game by revolutionizing the way in which they treated their characters. Which was why I was a Marvel True Believer all the way (and even a member of the Merry Marching Marvel Society :nuts).

Yeah, the early Silver Age could really be wacked. :headscrat

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. ~VK~ The King

superman with absolute zero chill :wow

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

Because Bakugou wins all the time and isn't allowed to look bad
    He's automatically the best thing in the series.

17. Milliardo G.L.P.

18. ~VK~ The King

didn't even bother going in on your post. just trying to enlighten people that 60's superman was a huge savage. a dick but a savage :wow

19. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

200 chapters in and somehow people are still confused with Bakugou wanting to be a hero :wow.

20. Milliardo G.L.P.

He just wants to be a good fighter though. :urahaha

21. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

I was summoned it seems. I'm not the biggest BC fan, however, I gave it a chance especially after reading about all the hate it got and still gets, I've come to enjoy it a lot. The overarching story starts as early as chap 30, 95% of everything shown has been foreshadowed to a degree and each arc smoothly flows into the next.

22. Visa DekUravity Shipping Trash

I'm sorry, why are you still here @StarlightAshley? You clearly don't like the show and nothing we say will change your mind, so just venting in the sub-forum specifically aimed towards MHA fans seems like a waste of time on your end.

23. StarlightAshley Banned

I am open minded I've found at least that not all MHA fans are as shallow as the ones I watched with and are hyped over the series and see no room for criticsm or comparsion to other series. The people I watched it literally acted like this series was Gods gift to anime and anything I disliked about it was just me being a hater and I have no grounds to critcize anything. They literally all -Stopped- watching with me near the end of season 1 because they were too annoyed by me questioning the series every time I disliked something. :notrust:notrust

Also what I've been waiting to hear is exactly what about MHA is taking the Shounen formula and Subverting it or doing it better than all shounens before, Because this is the praise I've heard about this series a lot. What are the examples of it doing this from the first 2 seasons? Did I just not notice them?:):)

24. rborges01 Well-Known Member

So you generalize a whole group of people because of a few fans. Shows how shallow you are.

25. StarlightAshley Banned

I'm not Shallow but it tells me about the mindset of the fans of the series when all of the ones In my social group have no rational basis for why they like the series. It made me assume the series is one of those fads, that people like because its new and popular. I said what I don't like about it, and I'm here now to find out why you like it, do you have a problem with that? :X3:X3

26. rborges01 Well-Known Member

So just because your social group has the same opinion it means that everyone is the same as them. Yep you’re shallow.

27. ~VK~ The King

28. StarlightAshley Banned

If I was that shallow why would I even bother to ask MHA fans about their opinion? :sniff:sniff

29. rborges01 Well-Known Member

If you weren’t shallow than you wouldn’t assume that everyone here considers MHA to be the greatest shonen of all time but you did. You came here simply to troll by even mentioning that Naruto was being copied when Naruto copied Hunter X Hunter but I don’t see you criticizing Naruto.

30. Milliardo G.L.P.