1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Akatsuki's Ultimate Plan

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by dunstar, Oct 27, 2006.

1. dunstar The Dude

What does everyone think about the AL's plans as revealed in the latest chapter?

Personally, I think the whole world domination thing is overrated. It seems beneath the AL. I mean, the Akatsuki are so powerful already, they could would easily achieve power on their own. Tangent: I am curious to see why each of them decided to join the group in the first place. Maybe Kishimoto will do the back stories for each of them like he did with Kakashi. Anyway, this whole plan seems more Oro's bag, who ironically left the group (I mean isn't he kinda doing that anyway, maybe on a lesser scale). I think it have been a lot more sinister if they were all existentialists or something, and wanted to destroy the world completely. At least in that case the bijyuu would play a more prominent role. It seems in the AL's actual plan that they are just an after thought. But then again, it may not be his ACTUAL plan. Who knows, like everyone one else in the Akatsuki, the AL may have some ulterior motive as well.

Tags:
  2. Snakety69 Ding! Check Please

I really wasn't expecting any less. What else would they want? Although I'm glad to hear they'll be recruiting ninja's in the future. That means that everyone should be able to have on e last all out fight before the series ends.

3. Yoruichi Up to no good

While it may be an overused concept, it does make things a lot clearer on why they're all together even when a lot of their personalities differ. This world the AL wants to create would let Hidan do what he loves best, killing, it would bring Kakuzu more money than he could ever dream of, and it would bring about many powerful opponents for Itachi to test himself on.

4. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Not only did you make this same thread twice, but you put it in the wrong place again, and put spoilers in it to add some salt to the wound. You are amazing.

5. Rhaella nothing but the rain

WTF! I'm an existentialist, and I can assure you I have no desire to destroy the world.

I think you're confusing existentialism and nihilism. They're very, very different.

@ Yoruichi, it doesn't really explain all of that. I mean, Hidan didn't even know what was going on, and he joined the group anyway. I get the impression that several of them are just along for the ride, because they'd rather not be sitting ducks by themselves.

6. Yoruichi Up to no good

Never said it explained anything, I said it made things clearer on why some of these guys might choose to work together even if their views clash, we still don't know why they are working together. Hidan's a tool:p

7. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

I just posted this in other forum....
    Ok, first of all, I was shocked when I first read the Akastuki goals... "Mercenaries?? Alliances? WTF" Then I started telling my boyfriend about the chap in the MSN because he couldnt open IE due an Error. But when I was telling him...it hit me.

OUTER HEAVEN -METAL GEAR SOLID

In short:

AKA Leader is like Liquid, he wants to unsleash the Metal Gears (BIJUUS) into the world to make wars, and that way soldiers can always have a place to fight. Thats Akatsuki ideal too. They are SHINOBI before anything. Fight is his life, is for what they breath, born and die. To me it makes perfect sense what they are trying to do. A shinobi world.

Kishimoto has been playing a PS2 a lot lately..... And I need Metal Gear Solid 4.....

8. Rhaella nothing but the rain

Okay, okay! :p

Maybe Hidan's whacky religion threw him out for swearing too much, and he had nowhere else to go. :amuse

Rip-off much, soulnova? :grin Still, even if there is a connection, I'll forgive it since I like seeing Machiavellian style strategies employed.

9. BigLando Ninja-listic Playa

From what I can tell, they joined up because the AL told them he could help them accomplish they're own individual goals (notice how AL knows what Hidan wants to do while Hidan was in the dark about the whole master plan thing). While I might be the only one I actually rather like the plan. I mean once you get a group of highly skilled uber-leathal people together about the only thing you can do is take over the world (or destroy it I suppose, but honestly that one alway's felt more hackneyed to me. If you destroy the planet you don't really gain anything...except death...and that can be done by one's self.) What I like is the way they're going about, undermining the different countries trust in their own ninja's while stealing away the disaffected. Insuring loyalty to his cause by using money instead of existential things like "the will of fire". And finally taking over the world by having the world unwittingly ask for his dominance. Makes me respect the AL alot more than if the plan was, use the demons to pwn all ninja villages....now that would be uninspired.

10. Rhaella nothing but the rain

No, BigLando, you're not the only one who liked the plan. It really made me love Akatsuki even more than I already did (if that's possible), and restore some of my faith in the story. :) And unless I'm not clear on what the "will of fire" is, there's nothing existential about it... =/

11. Tyrannos Living a Life

I think Kishimoto made stupid plot mistake with the Akatsuki plot. Right now, if they used Bijuu, everyone would know it was them. So why bother.

It would've been better to have Akatsuki to use the Bijuu to destroy the opposition. Or have Akatsuki collect Bijuu into one massive demon and use it to take over the world.

12. BigLando Ninja-listic Playa

True, I was getting more at that whole sense of brotherhood and defending your home that the third was talking about when he was talking to Orochimaru and mentioned it.*****EDIT*****Dang it I just looked up existential and I'm using it wrong. Ah well I'll say that Konoha=hippies AL=pessimistic realist

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  13. kal20 byakugan

Yea i would agree that they all joined for different reasons and not just for an agreed goal. My guess is that since most of them are so powerful there can be a down side being too powerful.
    Like Itachi member in the villiage and his own clan feared him because he was so powerful and for himself he was not content with the lack of challenges.

If we have a closer look into all the akatsuki member personality so far they all seem to have a high record for killing, not to mention sometimes unstable and go off the deepend want to kill.

So the reason for joining is their out cast in their own villages and could not fulfil their desires whilst being pinned down by village rules and laws.

14. Louis-954 Well-Known Member

Oh trust me. Thats not his full plan, if it were he wouldnt be on a very tight 6-month time schedule. if taking the world was his true/only plan he wouldnt be in such a hurry. he waited over 10 years and has played his cards just right. Why rush now for a plan that can be carried out at any given time? I mean its not like the Bijuu's are going anywhere special.

15. silentj Member

I wasnt surprised about the whole world domination plan but the fact that they ant to start wars just so they could be paid to stop them. I also like the fact that they want to recruit ninja's and thats what all the money is about.

Is it just me or did Orochimaru steal this idea and try to develop it for himself with his sound village.

16. HugeGuy ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

It's cliche but the more important thing is how Kishi will execute the plan.

17. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Agree, there are a lot of threads about all that Kishimoto do is copy, but, does this really care? after all the way in which Naruto is going to end will be 100% different from MGS.

Obviously there is more, i do not see Itachi as a guy who will kill his clan just to rule the world, also if they just want that, It would be enough to control 5-6 bijuus instead of the 9, there are still some holes to cover.

The ways this things would be used are the future success (or failure) of Naruto.

18. Rhaella nothing but the rain

Yeah. If anyone here is existentialist, it probably would be some of the Akatsuki. The whole "I will not be bound by the dictates of society" expression of free will they're going for seems pretty damn Sartrean to me.

I'm really beginning to believe it was more than just that they left because they were too bloodthirsty to stay. Look at these people... they're practically a collection of monsters. The most human of them seem to be Deidara and Itachi. And maybe Kakuzu. But they're different enough still that they'd have trouble fitting into society. If someone like Haku can be outcast for being different, just think about what someone with mouth-hands, or who looks like a shark, or who has a plant growing out of his head must have gone through.

And world domination aside, I think that it's this that they're trying to change.