1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

  5. BoOooOo!


    Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

    Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

  6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts since not reading since December

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Rasendori, May 14, 2018.

  1. Rasendori Mr. Tambourine Man

    Messages:
    3,124
    Likes Received:
    32
    Trophy Points:
    228
    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    Reputation:
    I just caught up after not reading since chapter 890.............

    Yo if you read this shit from then onwards Kata losing looks forced as fuck. Even Snakeman coming out of nowhere was ridiculous...Also RIP Smoothie's relevance and wtf even was Flambe.

    On a positive note Sanji looked better at the end there (coming back and saving Luffy/ making Oven actually strong), and Germa actually looked cool for the first time since their intro. there's a drastic shift in tone since chapter 902 that I welcome (also good move making Kata not actually undefeated).

    I think it's clear Oda just wants to finish up at this point ie. Power inflation and literally making BM useless. I would've hated to have those breaks in between some of those chapters. There was a heaviness towards the end of WCI that I think was caused by so much exposition (and more than usual text bubbles) that may be Oda's way of trying to pace things out quicker?

    What's the general consensus about the end of the arc? Specifically on Kata and Sanji
     
    Tags:
  2. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    8,258
    Likes Received:
    997
    Trophy Points:
    818
    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2012
    Reputation:
    Flag:
    Portugal
    Katakuri is well received by pretty much everyone.
    Sanji is now a joke to 95% of the people and the other 5% think this was somehow excellent character development.
     
    • Tier Specialist x 1
    • List
  3. Dellinger Charismatic Awesome

    Messages:
    10,535
    Likes Received:
    589
    Trophy Points:
    718
    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2012
    Reputation:
    Katakuri was undefeated.
     
  4. Shrike Let's Baby

    Messages:
    3,874
    Likes Received:
    525
    Trophy Points:
    719
    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2007
    Reputation:
    Katakuri was great. A ray of light shining on a puddle of shit. He lost though. Him being undefeated is a weeb's way of denial - the only thing he intentionally did was fall to his back and not to his front, like Brulee asked, and he did that because he acknowledged Luffy. Him losing in general was bullshit though, if only because Luffy took so much damage.

    Sanji on the other hand was a complete and utter disgrace. He was tossed aside but was supposed to be a central figure of the arc. He made a cake that... made BM happy? Completely pointless and shameful from Oda.
     
  5. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

    Messages:
    15,458
    Likes Received:
    390
    Trophy Points:
    463
    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    Reputation:
    I give this thread 1 star.
     
  6. Rasendori Mr. Tambourine Man

    Messages:
    3,124
    Likes Received:
    32
    Trophy Points:
    228
    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    Reputation:
     
Loading...