1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Three Kingdoms Era FC

Discussion in 'General Fanclubs' started by Zhariel, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Zhariel Awful

Three Kingdoms Era FC

(New Ownership)

The Three Kingdoms is a famed era of Chinese history
    It takes place after the fall of the Han Dynasty, lasting from 220 - 280 AD
    The Kingdoms were Wei ( ), Wu ( ), and Shu ( )
    At the end we have the Jin (金)
    Kingdom
    This period of history has spawned countless dedications
    The Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdoms games
    are the most famous of these, both long running series.

This FC is for appreciating any and all aspects of the Three Kingdoms.
    We take suppoert of the Han, Yellow Turbans, Wei, Shu, Wu, and even the Nanman tribes!
    And maybe dickhead Lu Bu supporters

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    Tags:
  2. Zhariel Awful

Wei Kingdom ( )

The powerful kingdom to the North, founded by Cao Cao, then later by his son Cao Pi.
    The powerhouse of the three kingdoms, led by the Cao family's ambition.
    Notable Officers: Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, Cao Ren, Zhang He, Jia Xu

Shu Kingdom
    ( )

The small upstart kingdom to the Southwest led by Liu Bei, a man of the people.
    The Shu are fueled by honor and benevolence, always portrayed as helping the peasants.
    Notable Officers: Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Zhuge Liang, Ma Chao

Wu Kingdom
    ( )

The family oriented kingdom to the Southeast. Led by many generations of the Sun family.
    Originally founded by Sun Jian, then built up by his son Sun Ce. Carried on by Sun Quan for many years.
    Notable officers: Huang Gai, Zhou Yu, Lu Xun, Ding Feng, Gan Ning

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  3. Zhariel Awful

Owner: Caelus
    Co-Owner: Eternal Fail

Members:
    Eternal Fail
    KBL
    Grαhf
    VioNi
    Aurora
    Misha-San
    Lee Min Jung
    Laurens
    Haze
    Chita
    makeoutparadise
    xboxlivegrl

Rules:
    1: No flaming. Lighthearted trash talk is fine, as everyone has their favorites.
    2. Keep it fun. You can be off topic, but 3K chat is wanted!

Dynasty Warriors 7 Trailers:

Wu:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  4. Twizted Rest in the deep

General Who Guards the West, LOL that works for me :)

You know the problem with Shu? As smart as Liu Bei was, Zhang Fei always seemed to act on pride and thus acted rashly, and in alot of cases it cost Shu-Han precious troops. Later on, the battle of Yiling screwed Liu Bei over, and that really weakened Shu. It actually seemed like Shu had some terrible luck. Three great generals could never take Wei, even with a troop superiority. Zhuge Liang, Liu Bei, and Jiang Wei all were defeated despite their advantages. Shu just had "supernatural" forces working against them I guess...lol

5. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

I wouldnt put Liu Bei down as THAT smart. He was so concerned with his reputation that he gave away some of the greatest oppurtunities. look at what happened with liu Zhang. Pang Tong BEGGED Liu bei to take over Shu early three times and he did not, in the end dragging out something which could have been dealt with in months. he also refused to take over the land governed by liu Biao despite the fact that it was tactically sound, was nice and fertile and had a population dedicated to the Liu family.

I like what you said about three great generals though, it really does highlight a point. After original rulers died (Liu bei, Cao Cao and later on Sun Quan) Shu was the only one who did not have the officers that could take on what their predecessors had acheived. Aside from Jiang Wei, Shu had NOBODY. Thye didnt have Deng Ai or Ding Feng to back up the great plans.

Shu's problem was that they were too little too late i think.

Do you have anything you particularly wanna talk about?

*or we could make a model of Lun Xun and poke sticks at it :p*

6. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

Fuck someone took co-owner. anyway ill join. I love Dynasty Warriors i got 3,4,5 they are great. i don't get the ROTK games cuz they look pretty damn boring from what ive seen, do you even actually fight in them? well my favorite characters are, Zhou Tai(best non-lu bu character w/o a doubt), Gan Ning, Sun Ce, Sun Quan, MA CHAO(best on a horse), Guan Ping, Ling Tong, and i can't remember the rest theres so manny sweet characters.

7. Twizted Rest in the deep

I come bearing a banner that I have made ;)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  8. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

General Who Guards the East - Master Hiko :smile-big

The ROTK games arnt boring! they do look a bit shite but when you start plkaying them they get really intense. You dont fight like in DW but you control an army (headed by a general) and position them on the map and tell them what startegys to use and stuff.

Seriously, try giving it a go :)

Zhou Tai is unreal! the only character ive ever got 1000 KOs with, but he is the best on a horse, not Ma Chao :p Ive never used Guan Ping and Ling Tong tho, i sold my stupid playstation before 5 came out =(

hey Twizted, i cant see the banner =(

edit: no worries now i can - ITS GREAT!

Your getting a rep =D

9. Twizted Rest in the deep

Hey thanks Shika-sama :D. Oh man let me tell you about getting 1000 KOs. I've done it with Ma Chao, Xiahou Dun, Lu Bu, Jiang Wei, and an edited character I made with the great sword. (DW4). Damn does that take a while, especially with someone like Xiahou Dun who's weapon is pretty short, and his Musou is aimed at attacking one enemy, i.e. a general. Lu Bu was obviously the easiest to do it with. His special, I think Triangle, Triangle, Square, Square, Square, (or the inverse, I cant remember) is a killer.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  10. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Doing it with Xaihou Dun must of been tough, not only is his weapon short and single target musou...but...well...hes only got one eye, he cant see as many people to swipe at =/

Does anyone remember the quote for when he swallowed his eye? i might whack that in the el sigo.

How the hell did you do it with Jiang Wei? Nanman level?

11. Twizted Rest in the deep

I honestly can't remember where I did it, but I can say that all you have to do is hang by a gate, and make sure you don't kill a gate captain. The troops just keep regenerating and you can rack 'em up after a while. I don't think I would have had the patience to do it in the damn Nanman level with the fucking war elephants and poisonous swamps everywhere.

As far as the quote goes, "Essence of my father, blood of my mother, I cannot throw this away!"

12. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Thats the one! I was sate ehre going 'blood of my fath...no...umm....gift of my moth....no....aw dammit'

the Nanman level is the biggest pain the arse in the history of pain in the arses -_- Your allies NEVER move as you want them to, EVER, and they always end up fighting in a bottle neck which just gets them slaughtered.

Depends a lot on which randomly assigned officers you have aswell =/ once the only playable characters on the level for me was me (Zhuge Liang) and Huang Zhong!

I once played that fucking level for 45 minutes and then got killed =/ i was PISSED

13. Twizted Rest in the deep

I feel your pain totally. Zhu Rong and Meng Huo always seemed to come back 800 times, and they never challanged me to duels, so I could never kill the fuckers. And why is it that your troops always either all sit on their asses in your base, or all run up into the goddamn swamps and die immediately. LOL. I HATE that level with all of my passion!

Oh man I can't imagine fighting that level with Zhuge Liang and his little fan. LOL. That must have been terrible.

14. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

the best way i found to do it was to get red hare and just run upto the likes of King Mulu and kill them, let the gate open, then bash Meng Huo about, forgeting the rest of the battle, just get it over and done with quickly

oh and leaving your bodyguards with the commander.

Its a shame Wei couldnt do the level. Can you imagine Dian Wei, Xu Huang and Zhang Liao vs the Nanmans? Id ALMOST feel sorry for the barbarians. almost.

hm..If Dian Wei didnt die so early, do you think he would of been a better bodyguard than Xu Zhu?

15. Twizted Rest in the deep

Yea that's a good strategy. You should get DW4 Empires, you can play as anyone, anywhere. In any event, Yeah Dian Wei would've been a better body gaurd....Look at that damn Axe. Nothing would get through him lol. Not that much could get through fatty :laugh.

Ok man, it's bed time for me, I'll ttyl. :cool

16. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

You should add Samurai Warriors.

I'll add my list soon.

Cao Ren is amazing in DW 5 he is trully underrated mayb becasue of his height :mad

17. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

I disagree, Zhou Tai is best by land, Ma Chao best by sea. His name means "horse" actually. Also his final weapon is "Stallion Fury", I can defeat any general with Ma Chao max level and shadow saddle. on a horse the entire time i got 9999 KOs. Zhou Tai though, i agree is only second to Chao on a horse but you have to give it up to Shu's strongest spearman Ma Chao. Also, who else can't stand Zhao Yun. He is not only obnoxious looking, his voice is annoying and for some reason Koei has made him their poster boy. There are way better characters than him that are much more deserving of being "the main character" Ma Chao is always overshadowed by that mediocre dork Zhao Yun. Maybe when X-Box releases DW5, they will have Wu or Wei on the cover rather than Shu.

18. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Zhang Liao >>>> Zhou Tai. In the game and in the book.

Remeber the Battle of Hei Fei, Wei was vastly out numbered and Zhang LIao was able to repelled majority of the Wu army which contained Lu Meng, Taishi Ci, ling Tong and Gan Ning. Now, if we are talking max levels, Zhang Liao would own Ma Chao, Zhang Liao has a great masou attack, its slash-slash, horizontal slash. Ma Chao has a good masou, but even though his ending attack is powerful it is easy to dodge. You guys forget, Zhang Liao use to work for Lu Bu, even Lu Bu said that Zahg Liao was a worthy match for him.

Favourite Kingdom: Wei
    Favourite General: Gan Ning, Zhang Liao, Xiahou Dun, and Cao Ren[Best Cahracter in DW 4 and 5]
    Favourite Strategist: Ma Su :laugh , my favorite is really Sima Yi but not teh DW 5 Sima Yi, the clothing was a little gay. :sad

Favourite Battle: Battle of Hei Fei
    Favourite Ruse: Still Thinking
    Greatest Moment:
    Zhang Liao Battle of Hei Fei, the Death of Xiahou Yaun it was very sad and a lot of others. Ill add

19. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Hi guys, sorry about that, ive been busy recently breaking up with my selfish bitch of a girlfriend.

Kuchiki, you have just become my new best friend :D Zhang liao was the single greatest officer of the ROTK era, and the head of the 5 generals of Wei. His acheivments were so many that upon his death, him and i think it was Li Yan were callerd the greatest officers of wei.

The defence of hei fei was simply brilliant. Although it was Cao Cao's plan, it was carried out with such skill and bravery that it would be unfair not to allow Zhang Liao the credit for it. Remember this is a battle that, had it not been for Zhou Tai, Sun Quan would of been killed.

Also, remember the time Guan Yu was hiding from Cao Cao's army and was eventually surrounded. Zhang Liao actually persuaded the sworn brother of the leader of a rival kingdom to defect, thats skill my friends, in a class of its own.

In short, Zhang Liao > all other generals.

20. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Its the mustache of Zhang Liao. Zhang Liao shows much more respect than Guan Yu. Skiamaru do you rember what happened after the battle of Hei Fei, in Wu families would tell there kids, "Go to sleep or Zhang Liao will get you" thats classic.

Zhang Liao has an evolved halberd of Guan Yu. Thats why Zhang Liao rocks. Sadly, he doesn't use the Red Hare, maybe respect towards Lu Bu.

Zhang Liao has the greatest background music and cut-scenes like in DW 5 when Zhang Liao destroyed the bridge and flew in the air[wetted pants already :laughing] and than took out those four officers and charged Wu.

21. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

I wish little kids would cry when MY name was said, maybe then they wouldnt hang around me so damn much >.<

On another forum once i had a HUGE argument with someone who was saying He fei wasnt a great acheivement -_- the guy always said that Zhao Yun was better than Zhang Liao and i could of strangled him.

Zhao Yun is also VERY gay in the games :p

Why do you like Gan Ning though? the Gan Ning from the book or the game?

22. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Slash him in half with your halberd. :laugh

Kinda of like Zhang He, but he was al ways gay :laugh.

Who do you think is more gay Zhang He or Yu Jin[Kessen]

In thr game his musou, is incredible with the one swipe. I loved how he killed Ling Cao, Ling Tong's father, and thrashed Wu around. In book, I didn't have much love towards Gan Ning, maybe since its historically accurate but I love his dub voice, who the hell doesn't think its cool seeing poeple get teh crap scared out of them when they hear bell ringing.

Whats also great about Gan ning is that his army's morale will always be sky rocketed because they have Gan Ning on there side.

Is it me or is the background music for all of the games just godly, especially Hei Fei in DW 5, while racking 900 K.O's with Zhang Liao's secong weapon, I am too good with 3rd and 4th weapon.

I wish they continued with Dynasty Warriors online.....:sad

23. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

yeah i never understood why Zhang He was portrayed to be such...well....a fag. He was pretty kick arse in the book (except the part where he dies due to an arrow in the knee, i mean, the heart/head/belly i can understand...but the knee?) i think they got it from his supposed love of the arts and poetry writing...but most of them wrote poetry, especially Zhou Yu (who was OBVIOUSLY shagging Sun Ce :wink)

Gan Ning was kileld by Sha Moske, a barbarian....an arrow in the head i think it was? that shows how great HE is :ninja but at least he didnt forget his old comrades anmd saved Su Fei's life.

The BG music in DW games really is cool, aside from maybe three. Itys like....rock chinese acoustic which is gonna be cool by anyones standards.

Tell me what DW 5 is like! i dont have it because i sold my fucking playstation to by a president for the stupid fucking BITCH that used to be my girlfriend. Are the levels and in game events any better? is it closer to the book? is it harder? what are the new characters like?

TELLLL MEEE

and whats this about DW online aswell? :huh

24. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Spoiler: DW 5 Zhang He Experience
    In DW 5, Zhang HE taught Yaun some new dance moves. Also at the end of the game, Zhang He starts teaching the soldiers how to dance :laughing, "Heyyyyyyyy Macaraina,"

ZHo Yu showed so much love to Sun Ce, that after Sun Ce died, Zhou Killed himself because of Sun Ce's death. But, thay never said how Zhou Yu died, theysaid illness, I say suicide. Also, Zhou Yu was unable to kill Zhuge liang thats another reason, of Zhou Yu's death.

Well, Sha Moke shot him from behind in the woods. I think, everyone was so exicited but when the faced, Wu or Wei they asked how he killed Gan Ning, and he explained and his fellow officers ditched him because it was dis-honorable. Maybe, Sha Moke encouraged John Wilkes Booth, too. :mad

Thats hardcore, :faint

Okay, its like an advanced version of DW 4 with most of the bugs switched. They have weapon weights, that can become a pain but adjustable. The diffucult on Chaos mode is the hardest I ever played, the commander takes out a 6th of your life but when you win is really rewarding becasue your attacks are uber strong.

The background music is much better than DW 4 most of the songs are amazing, like I just stand there listening. They fixed up the battles to make them more detailed, more realstic and more fun to play.

The cut-scenes are something else there are very detailed graphical and it makes you actually wanna watch them instead of repeatly pushing the start button constantly.

Before I forget, DW 5 is trying to mimic the book, they have Lu Bu's capture, how Hunag Zu ambushed Sun Jian and a lot of the others. DW 5 will be coming on the Xbox early to mid September :smile-big

Well, awhile back Koei/Omega said they are working, on an online version of DW, but they haven't said anything since like for a year or more, bastards.

25. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

I think Sha Moke was killed soon after by another Wu officer wasnt he? gut feeling is Xu Sheng but im not entirely sure. Of course for poetic irony i think think Ling Tong would be a good idea :p

Zhang He taught yuan Shao danc emoves?!?!?!?! i REALLY wish i hadnt just repped you so i could rep you for making me imagine that =D

do you know if DW5 is out in the uk already? i might go and buy meanother playstation for it!

and Huang Zu ambushing Sun jian is on DW4 if i remember correctly...its one of the earliest Wu levels were he gets seperated from the main body of mena dn u have to kill the guard captain.

its a pretty hard level if u take ur time cos he gets reinforcements from everywhere

26. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Yeah, I read the chapter again and he was killed by Xu Sheng, I thought he was killed by Wei. Wasn't Sha Moke pat of Wu before he went to Shu?

Well, before the battle of Guan Du, there was a cut-scene and Zhang He was doing a dance and Yuan Shao, tried it a bit and was kinda had that face, "F--k you, Zhang..I already have my man":laughing.

I was saying Xiaohou Yuan, but I jsut showed you what he did to Shao. Zhang He is like, 'Xiahou Yuan......Your posture is all of...Follow me{He starts doind a slow dance]..now Yuan do what I did except faster[Xiahou Yuan does it and endings in a weird ass position]"

Searches.....Found:

here

Just www.google.com, "UK Dynasty Warriors 5" and more results of buying it will appear.

Well, Sun Jian followed another route to attack the enemy from the side, but Huang Zu challenged Sun Jain to a duel but than Zu ran off and than ambushed Zu and Sun Jian was calling him a coward and all. I played, As Sun Jian so I didn't die. But, when I played with the god awful Zhou Yu he died and thats where it leads us to where they meet Gan Ning.

There wasn't a lot of reinforcements jsut 3/4's of a screen of bad guys. A lot of arrow stands, a lot.

I love this discussion we are having, I was expecting this. :tem I can finally show off my DW/ROTK skills. :amuse

Come on fellow users, I/Shikaramaru-sama the NF DW/ROTK's Guru's will help out. So join. Or, Zhang He will be all over your ass, really. Look what happened to Xu Zhu he ran away from He but feel out of the window.

27. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Moke was the leader of a barbarian tribe i think, a tribe that allied with Shu then realised that was a REALLY bad idea when Moke was killed :p

shite pressed wrong button, *editing post*

28. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

fuck it, its my FC,m ill double post if i like :laugh

I never EVER liked Xaihou Yuan, it was so gratifying for me to see him cut in half by hunag Zhong. Thats right kids...CUT IN HALF! he deserved it for underestimating everybody..especially old people.

Damn, i really love YanYan and Huang Zhong at Mt Ding Jung :love

Im confused now, are we talking about the same ambush? i was talking about the ambush that actually kills Sun Jian.

When Huang Zu attakcks at Lu kai (i think), Sun Jian was long dead...i think it was Sun Quan in charge?
    ]

and hes right people! Zhang he LIKES ass...he likes it a LOT.

29. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Sometimes, I just couldn't stand Xiahou Yuan but dieing to Huang Zhong sucks. Nuff' siad.

Same battle, I am describing the way it was like in Dynasty Warriors 5, Sun Jian took the duel between him and Zu, Zu ran away and ambushed Sun Jian, Liu Yong ambushed him too and than he died.

The previous DW's never really explained the ambush correctly.

Gonna take a nap, I'll be back on later.

30. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

lol, hunag Zhong was a pretty good dude, he held back Guan Yu in a one on one, and do you remember when he and Wei Yan had a race to destroy the camps on each flank? that was CLASSIC.

Incidentally Wei Yan/Jiang Wei are my favourite Shu characters.

AAAHH right, that makes more sense. Zhu ran died in that battle to i think?

When you come back, tell me your favourite officers from each kingdom :D

Shu
    Wu
    Wei
    Other (DW style:D)