1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

tidus vs squalll

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by swordie, Jul 14, 2005.

tidus vs squalll

1. tidus

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. squall

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  3. draw both die

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. swordie

tidus vs squalll

Tags:
  2. Nost

Squall, totally,
    I mean really what does Tidus have that could possibly come close to beating the Lion Heart?...
    nothing thats what.

3. kapsi

Limit breaks in FF8 work if character is in bad condition, so no Lionheart (not counting aura). But I guess Squall wins, he's a mercenary etc.

4. Nost

OK,....
    case one, Squall beats Tidus.
    case two Tidus is beating Squall, then Squall has low health so Lion Heart comes out and bam! Squall beats Tidus.
    case threeSquall uses Aura... Squall beats Tidus.

hmmm, now that you mention it there's no way Tidus could win...

dont get me wrong I'm a big fan of FFX but Squal was just too cool.

5. metronomy

Turn based fight; normal Final Fantasy rules, Squall couldn't even get a hit in.
    Not turned a based fight; normal Final Fantasy rules, Tidus still wins.

Tidus = Faster
    Tidus = Stronger

Squall is the better character, but Tidus would pwn him to hell and back.

6. CrazyMoronX

FFX Character compared to other FF characters isn't exactly fair, as they can deal 99,9999 damage, and have 99,9999 HP........................................................

That said, Squall is the better character, but both at max, Squall would get his ass handed to him.

7. Delta Shell

Using game battle physics, Squall doens't have a chance.

Using storyline, Squall would most likely win, he came across as a more capable fighter, since not only was he a mercenary but at one point was even leading Garden into battle (giving orders from the bridge).

8. Lord Yu

Lionheart does like 180,000Hp i think or somewhere around that. anyway, Tidus :pwned

9. Delta Shell

Do you know how much Blitz ace does with full attack power? About 800,000 was it? Yeah I think it was. Plus it's much more of a sure hit than Lionheart.

It's a moot point since using battle phsyics both people have attacks that can kill the other instantly.

However Squall can't kill Tidus with a single hit (with both at max, Squall would have to get ten normal attacks in), Tidus can kill squall about 9 times over with a single hit.
    That's if neither are using their "Auto-life/Holy war" thingies.

So yeah, if you want to bring damage stats into it Tidus would annihilate Squall.

Like I said in terms of storyline, Squall comes across as stronger, a more versed fighter and is cooler. Plus Lionheart is super duper awesome.

10. ChaochroX

I voted tidus because I never played 8. But the FFX characters had more capabilities so I guess it is founded.

11. Twizted

Tidus would only annihilate Squall because the HP and Damage in FF-10 are inflated by 10 times in relation to FF-8. Characters can also have 99,999 HP where as in FF8 character can only have 9,999 HP. When you take the relative damage, which is the only way to compare characters in different games, Squall is stronger. Squall's Lionheart does 13 (?) hits of 9,999 damage or roughly 130,000 damage, when the max damage on a single hit is 9,999. Tidus's Blitz Ace does 800,000 when the normal max damage on a single hit is 99,999. Tidus's strongest attack does 8 times the max, where as Squall's does at least, but probably more than, 13 times max damage on a single hit.

Squall wins.

12. Zedaine

As stated before this isnt really a fair match seeing how squall's max is like ten times less that of tidus' max in FFX but if they are at the same level squall would beat tidus easily

13. Delta Shell

So are you agreeing with me by quote or disagreeing? Since I only wrote out all that spiel to counteract anyone's use of stats. Normally I would use storyline events to judge power since it's more reliable.

I mean let's be serious, you have to take the battle system extremely lightly..Wow Sephiroth has the power to destory the Solar System!!! Erm yeah so why is it back the moment he does Supernova again? Also why the heck does he bother taking 15 hours to summon meteor if he can do stuff like that on a whim?

Pure nonsense, that's why it'd be better to exercise logic by going to events in the storyline...at least I think so and if that's the case Squall comes across as more capable in a fight.

14. Kucheeky Badkuya

Well, if the games were set at par with each other like strengths were proportional than yeah, Squall would win. I like Squall better.

15. NecroAngel

Since FFX Characters are stronger, like other people have said, Tidus would win. However, if they were in the same game if you will and it was more fair Squall would win.

Oh, and Squall is much cooler than Tidus.

16. skmt999

OMG, I clicked the wrong thing!!! Someone, MOD!! Anyone, change my vote. Squall, not Tidus! XP

Squall would so totally kick Butt-boy's ass. I love FFX, but Tidus is like the stupidest FF hero I have ever seen. (I actually play with it saying 'Butt-Boy' btw...)

17. silent_speech

Squall would win of course.
    No offense to Tidus fans, but i believe that Tidus is just such a whining wannabe hero who thinks he's so cool just because he can breathe underwater (how the hell do they play blitzball anyway?).

Squall, on the other hand, is a mercenary who thinks for himself and will survive due to his battle experience (and he learns fast too! i can still remember the dance with Rinoa).

18. Orochi_King

Well who said tidus was faster well ffx was realy gud enff8 but did u see the battle with seifer well squall gets this 1

19. lekki

Tidus can't beat Squall in anyway. The power levels are just too different. Plus Squall never misses :p his accuracy % startd at 255% which is the max lol.

20. metronomy

Tidus can do 99,999 damage. =/. Also the sphere grid allows for much more powerfull stats then that of any FF8 character.

21. Angelus

OMG, Tidus would be PWNED by Squall. Tidus doesn't even know how to use a sword properly, while Squall is a master with his Gun Blade, there is no way Squall could lose to this crybaby.

22. swordie

nice reply from u alll!>_<

23. HollowDreamer

squall has the gunblade while tidus has a normal sword so squall shoots tidus in head and gameover squall wins.

24. faithangel

tidus will surely win.

25. Piekage

In terms of Gameplay, a Maxed out Tidus would beat Squall with great ease. But really, this is like comparing an infant to a teenager, compared to what you can do in both systems.

To make it fair, I put both characters on the same level (i.e Squall using FFX system or Tidus using FFVIII system). If that's the case, Squall. The Lionheart would tear Tidus appart, and he has the advantages of FF10's system.

And storyline wise, Squall. Squall trained his entire life in Garden. Tidus learned quick, but Squall has far more combat experience.

26. John Fuuma

In FF8 There was a system where the enemys lv up with you. If they fought in the FF8 world Squal would win, no problem.

27. Fallen_Blossom

Squall would completely beat Tidus. He owns him:box . The HP and power doesn't matter, Squall is just a better fighter then him, I mean he has been trained for combat soo... :pleased .
    There you go, but I wonder if Cloud were in it?

28. Shogun

Squall would, he would at least win the best sword contest.

29. Brokenmarch

If Sqaull was put in the same final fantasy world as FFX he would obliterate Tidus. It's just not fair to compare FFX TO FFVIII when talking about hit point damage though. And i guess Squall can use aura and the item I forgot what is was called (the one the makes you invincible) and with those two combinations of items he could kill Tidus even if he had 99,999 HP and max damage. Alos FFVIII was much better than FFX, it is my favorite final fantasy.

30. nimrod

Squall would totally win!
    not because of those special powers he has but because he's so damn cooler!