1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Time flows seperately in Narutoverse's S/T dimensions?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Sage light, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Sage light Well-Known Member

Does time flow seperately in S/T dimensions? Like when Minato teleported through FTG wielding a Rasengan despite saying he takes too long to create said chakra?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

I've always talked about this theory this many times, - should have been canon

You know this would have actually been a logical and creative explanation to why sasuke was gone for eight years of saradas life - much better than whatever Gaiden trash kishi gave us.

What if time traveled slowly in kaguyas dimensions? It was a few days to him inside, but when he comes out to the normal world , it's been eight years?

Would have been really cool, logical different and a proper explanation which doesn't make anyone look retarded

3. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    i agree

4. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

Do time travel separately in S/T dimensions. [:headscrat]

Is there a differential in space-time? [correct way to sorta ask]

Well, dimension traversal is not an ability Hiraishin has shown signs of. Only Kaguya, Obito and Sasuke can travel in and out of the Space-time found in the barrier between realities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Djomla Student

Sasuke being away so long from his family doesn't make him look retarded. He was always a loner. Now he deliberately made a choice to protect both his family and the village by going away. That only adds depth to his character. Doesn't make him a retard.

Also, let's be fair, who would like to listen Salad bitching and bossing whole day for so long.

6. Sage light Well-Known Member

How would you explain Minato instantly creating Rasengan after teleporting?

7. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

Okay, agreed that sasuke protecting his family from away is in character and adds depth - but he's not a loner. If he would have got the chance he would be with his family all the time - this is a nigga who spent all his life fighting for his dead family. Pretty sure his existing new family is most important to him

But the problem is, the explanation was still half assed. We should have been shown more things in depth about his mission to justify the lack of contact and absence properly. They should have had some fights and stuff - his whole mission seems kinda pointless when you see that momoshiki himself arrived at the village, and shojoji has more info about kara than him.

Dude I think you have a misguided opinion of sarada based on sakura or something. She's not that bossy, she's understanding and MUCH better than any female in the series up till now, and especially sakura. She's good at fighting, she's not bitchy and she doesn't have the love nonsense.

8. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

The only place where time seems to act oddly is in Kurama's or the Bijuu's interdimensional mental plane. Naruto has whole conversations with all these bijuu in the span of a few seconds at most but in the plane it looks as if they have a whole fucking council meeting. That is really the only place where it seems time is weird mentally vs physically

The only other one would be Tsukiyomi and I've mentioned this in another thread that if Tsukiyomi's victim feels the pain and mental anguish and if Itachi can show his flashbacks and memories via Tsukiyomi then I don't see why he can't use it to train people inside his dimension if mere seconds go by IRL but hours or days or even YEARS (Itachi Novel) in the mind of the victim. Guess that is why he had to die since it would be too hax to make it like the Room of Spirit & Time.

ACTUAL travel like what Obito or Sasuke does I don't believe had any real time distortion otherwise Obito would have noted as such in his many times he used it. I believe Sasuke was even taken there and nothing happened. Same with Kakashi. After his fight with Obito he came back and didn't notice any time changes.

Also, the whole thing about Sasuke's time travel distorting time wouldn't make a good lick of sense because if it did then that would mean he physically wouldn't have aged much and would be far younger than his peers. Or older depending on which way you want to go. If that happened I feel you would get into this whole Nathaniel Richards/Reed Richards/Franklin Richards hyperbole universe thing going on

9. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

I feel like it's a played out concept so I'm not really interested in whether or not it pops up in the manga.

The direction I want them to go in is decoupling space-time and separately exploring jutsu that either manipulate space or manipulate time.

Which, we've basically already seen.

Kaguya's Yomotsu Hirosaka, which other Otsutsuki have used in the anime, was pretty much absolute control of space via her portal. She could even exit space entirely and fought Naruto using the ice dimension itself after stepping out of that dimension. However, the absolute control of space is shown by her reaching through a portal, through the sand dimension, then back into the ice dimension behind Sasuke, then pulling Sasuke through and leaving him in the ice dimension. Physically, the amount of space she traversed was only the 2-3 feet it takes for her to fully extend her arm.

On the other hand, we have Momoshiki being able to control time in a way that only Sasuke and Boruto could perceive.

I think a novel way for manga to approach these kinds of powers is actually the way Kishi and Kodachi have done it. You can't deny that the power is h4x and extremely high level, but implement it in a way that is not reality breaking or broken.

Kaguya can control space. This doesn't mean she fights by activating a warp drive in her ring finger and oneshot-insta-nodiff-lolmurderstomp removing characters from existence by erasing the very space they are currently occupying.

If things stay at a similar level to what they are now, we can get through this manga without it becoming unreadable.

A good example of what I mean is the Bleach novels that were made where there was an old Kenpachi with transcendent reiatsu that had a Bankai that controlled the air and instantly made blades anywhere within range, but then its range was all of Seireitei (which is an area nearly as big as the United States) Having that much awareness, that much power, and that much range......is just dumb. It's not good writing.

10. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

This would be awesome. It could explain why Sasuke has been away for so long. Perhaps he lost sense of his bearings in other dimensions. Sadly, I don't think we will ever get that much info about this. Still waiting to hear about the castle depicted in the manga lol.

11. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

Sasuke only left to survey Kaguya's dimensions after he was an adult.

Before that, he was just wandering. So, time dilation doesn't explain it if it was a behavior he had already.

I just thought, Sasuke was able to kuchiyose his hawk into Kaguya's lava dimension without any visible effort or strain.

So, why does it now take so much energy to traverse dimensions when kid Sasuke could do it with just a kuchiyose summoning?

12. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

Sasuke wandered after the war, came back to the village, left again with sakura, had the kid, and came back to konoha till he was assigned the dimension mission by naruto at that five kage summit in Gaiden. Pretty sure he was at least in konoha with his family / in contact before he got the kaguya dimension mission.

Being absolutely gone for eight years with no contact could be explained by the time dilation the moment he set foot in the dimension, which is ignoring the fact that it was retarded drama for Gaiden.

13. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

If he had to be recalled to the village for gaiden, then that means the mission was already started before that.

14. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Minato never said it takes him too long to form Rasengan. It formed it near instantly when he faced Obito and when he used it in subsequent battles.

15. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

plus Jiraiya and Boruto form it at the same speed too

Adult Naruto and Naruto from the LAST spews even Rasen Shuriken let alone rasengans at quick speeds

the only thing that made us assume it was slow to form was part 1 with the clones or the demonstration for training

as for time dilation

the only time dilation we so far saw is the dragon palace device

in lore the dragon palace is a place where the time spent in it is less then the time of the real world

by thousands of years I feel