1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Time to avenge Asuma!

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Yasha, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Yasha Procreate

Heart is the most vital organ to most people. If you damage the heart you kill the person. But this is obviously not the case for Hidan. He stabbed himself in the heart (or where his heart should be) and didn't die. So I decided to look for his "heart" (not necessarily his real heart, but something equivalent to it) somewhere else.

The clue came in chapter 325 when Asuma beheaded Hidan. We saw that Hidan's head could still talk and think but his body remained motionless as if it's dead. So if Hidan does have a "heart" or a vital part, it should be in his head.

I'm sure you all have noticed the strange marks on Hidan when he was performing the "ritual". Those white marks show the exact location of his bones as if he was taking an X-ray image. So, I was thinking the question, "Why?". Just because it looks cool? Or perhaps Kishi had to use this to expose Hidan's only weakness so that he won't be invincible?

Now take a good look at Hidan's head. :sag

Spoiler:

ch323, p17

Notice anything unusual? I spotted 2. One is the dark circle on his forehead. But then I thought, if it's really his vital part wasn't it a bit too "exposed"? So I decided it's just to show where his brain was.

The second thing I saw was the broken white circle around his left eye, or to be precise, the dark spot where the circle was broken. The white circle represents the bone around his eye-socket. Then why was the bone broken? Why did Kishi break the beautiful left-and-right symmetry?

Could it be...this was where Hidan's "heart" was located? (it reminds me of Sasori and his only weakness D: ) I mean, it's almost a perfect place (if not because the silly marks exposed it, it would be perfect) to hide his vital organ (whatever it's). It covered just a very small area of his body and who would have thought of stabbing him exactly below his left eye?

Yeah, that's about it. As a summary, to kill Hidan you have to stab him exactly in the dark spot just below his left eye. XD

Oh there's something else.
    Spoiler:

ch325, p7

ch325, p8

Hidan was shocked. If this theory is true, Asuma almost accidentally killed him :sad

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
    Tags:
  2. TicoTico Smexin-teh-Hinata

Damn you for having the 'Hit the weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE'-theory make sense again! :laugh *Humble reps* ^^ I'd still prefer the loophole with Hidan's immortality to be something else, though.

3. Deidara sea cow colonel

BUT ... Revenge ... Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate ... and ...
    HATE ... leads to endless suffering! They must all stay true to the light side!

Oh they WILL get revenge, but maybe not through "Hit weak point".
    Good theory anyway~ reps.

4. fukush Banned

I would rather go with the spot on his forehead, who would have their vital spot at the chin, seriously?

5. Yasha Procreate

But that would be too obvious. Not saying it's not possible though.

6. fukush Banned

That its so very obvious would only be fair for an ability such as immortality.

7. QuoNina Active Member

Whoa, this is cool. The x-ray and the asymmetry are quite convincing. :wink

If you really figure this out before Shikamaru does... Hm.

8. Kinjishi Well-Known Member

In my opinion, to kill Hidan, you have to destroy his brain, therefore making him incapable of functioning in any way. If Hidan's brain is removed then he can no longer talk, think, and the rest of his body serves absolutely no purpose. So the black spot on the forehead is probably indication to his weakness. Remove his brain and destroy it.

9. Mr. T Peace Love Gap

Poor Sarutobi Asuma :( :( :(

10. RasenganUltimate Member

Your theory does make sense because that explains why Hidan was really shocked and even scared when Shikamaru said he finally could lift the curse. If only we could find out if your theory is true. That would be really funny to see the invincible Hidan actually having a weakness.

11. Mr. T Peace Love Gap

Yah, but I wish Hidan actually hadnt killed Asuma :(

12. G3ntleF!st I Just Know

Yasha get a life yet other thoery that ownz from the wise Kishi i mean yasha

13. LordPerseus Member

Very good theory, I see no flaws in in whatsoever.

I just wish Shikamaru or Asuma had noticed this earlier.

14. King_Rollo Hokage

Well, we've also had numerous weeks to think about it.

Good theory, reps for you.

15. Animeswordmaster AMS... Just Awesome.

this is a good theory but i still think theres sumthing else behind the immortality thing. i mean even if this was a weak spot, then y is it clearly visible? i mean in sasori's case, u had to break through a hard case to reach his weakpoint so what would be there protection here?

16. caius Member

I'd like to think Kishimoto wouldn't make it so blatantly obvious. It just seems kind of stupid ( no offense meant) since it's kind of staring you right in the face. It seems a little to simple for it to be the spot on the forehead. LIke the above poster said, Sasori had a weak point, but it took a hell of a lot of time to actually be able to see it.

17. Yasha Procreate

Its protection is that it's not easy to notice. Sasori's weak spot is way more obvious than his. Sasori's heart was hidden in a case with a huge kanji 蝎 on it. :p

Not the one on his forehead, but the little dark spot below his left eye.

18. QuoNina Active Member

:faint

Given the pictural flashbacks when Shikamaru was thinking up a solution, if the hints are related to solving this kind of puzzle in which one can see through from pictures, I would say it's a good hint that Shikamaru would be the one who notices this and kills Hiden, if this theory becomes true.
    It's interesting that you mentioned Sasori and editted it out in your post. In that way Kakuzu and Hidan's special ability are all kind of resemble those of Sasori's... extendable limbs (Kakuzu) and vital points (Hidan). I am not sure what this suggest... Kishi misses Sasori... possibly. *shrugs*

19. caius Member

I guess it could, but I have a thing against Achilles similarities(just a personal peeve with them). Still, I'd like it to be more than "hit the bullseye and win" kind of defeat although that probably comes from my interest in the Jashin sect and wanting to know more about it. This one stands the best chance out of normal means to be able to kill him, but I still favor the answer lying within the doctrine of his religion. It seems like he's channeling an otherwordly power and I'd hate for that to drop by the wayside. Still kudos for the best theory outside of that I've seen.

20. Yasha Procreate

Editted it out? :huh

:omg

He does? :cry

Having the only weak spot below his eye and not in his heart/brain is otherworldly enough in my opinion. :S

Thanks for your feedback though. ^^

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  21. Delita Revenge Lobster

This is P.U.G. (Pure Unadulterated Genius). Reps!

22. ExNihilo New Member

Umm,hello there...

It was mentioned that Hidan's religion was "Jashin". I'm going to assume that he gets his immortality from following that religion and I think that he could lose that immortality if he's forced to commit one of the greater "sins" of that religion.

It was mentioned in the manga that carnage was one of the precepts of the religion and Hidan apparently violated it to a degree(he did mention that he shouldn't leave someone half-dead). It could probably be said that this is a minor sin (I mean he did beat the crap out of two-tails). So, what would happen if he's forced to commit a greater transgression against his religion? Would he lose his immortality? A good analogy would be what happened to Cuchulainn; he was defeated after he was forced to violate one of his geasas by adhering to another geasa

C?chulainn's fate was sealed by his breaking of the geasa upon him. In C?chulainn's case, his geasa included both an obligation to accept any meal offered to him, and a ban against eating dog meat. His enemies contrived to force him to break one of these geasa by the simple approach of offering him a meal of dog meat. In this way he was spiritually weakened for the fight ahead of him. ( )

Of course, I still think that a kunai to the brain would leave him unable to fight(but not necessarily dead) but he could still be healed(probably) the same way that a bullet to the brain could be extracted. Also, I doubt that he'd fall for the same tactic twice.

However, rendering him mortal, deceiving him into believing oherwise and then dealing a fatal blow should leave him lying on the ground.Permanently.

23. QuoNina Active Member

Was I imagining? But I remember I saw the word "Sasori" in your first post and something like "similar to Sasori blahblahblah...". But I can't find it anymore now. Hm... Don't test my memory. I might be wrong. :p -
    Near the end of a paragraph. Possibly a picture closely below it. Not sure. (The more I try to remember, the more I think I am making something up.) Sorry if I got that wrong.
    He better does. O/w lack of creativity. :p ...jk

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  24. Yasha Procreate

Then Naruto will turn into Twilight Zone or something. :S I still think Kishi will try to explain Hidan's jutsu and immortality based on chakra, ninjutsu, and all those ninja stuffs.

6th paragraph (Could it be...) :oh

25. ExNihilo New Member

You're probably right but from what I remember (please correct me if I'm wrong) nearly all the characters (prior to the chapters with Hidan in them) whose abilities or jutsus involve regenaration or healing had their head connected to their body...chakra manipulation is controlled in the mind and though it is a metaphysical entity, it's instrument is the brain right?

Okay, this might sound like something from the Twilight Zone or some Faust-like story, but isn't it possible that adherence to Jashin grants a boon from the god of Death? The said god was summoned by the Third in his fight against Orochimaru, so maybe the followers of Jashin could call on him as well to aid them?

26. Yasha Procreate

What you said is supernatural but not impossible. In fact almost nothing is totally impossible in Naruto. Cutting the soul, reviving the dead, keeping a monster inside human body...none of those is natural. :oh

27. Godeiche The Great Sharincat

If that theory ends up being true (good one, by the way, reps!), it would be a pretty obvious spot, yes, but obvious doesn't mean easy. At all.

We all remember how Hidan was able to dodge Shika's needle shadows all the while trying to hit Asuma with the scythe, jumping adn swirling around like a drunk frog on acid. Now asuming he's got the curse going on, unless you can actually get him out of the circle without hurting whoever's being cursed (pray it isn't you), you're gonna have a hard time landing a hit on him, let alone in such a precise spot.

So no, the weak point being that obvious isn't gonna make it any easier killing Hidan. Perhaps a little bit more possible, that's all.

28. Jimnast Shinobi

No offence, but killing a ninja by stabbing him just below his left eye sounds like a really un cool way to go.

29. Godeiche The Great Sharincat

Well..

In Greek mythology, Achilles was supposedly invulnerable, but for this little spot on his heel ( he was made invulnerable by being dipped in the Styx, a river in Hell, being held by the aforementionned heel). So he was a pretty cool guy, pretty tough fighter and all, but someone figued it out (for the record, it wasn't Shikamaru, t'was a Greek guy named Shikamaros) and threw a spear at his heel.

He died.

Pretty lame for an invincible guy, ain't it? Well, invincibility works in mysterious ways. So does the Lord, and probably Hidan's condition, too.

30. Anz I'm a pirate, not a

As expected of my child(Yasha): lol that famous Fugaku line :p ....
    well just kidding..
    As always.. Yasha's theories are not just theory but a step on figuring out the clues.. Just like a detective eh? that's why I agree on this post..reps for you my friend..

and oh..By the way.. the topic title should be: " Time to AVENGE Asuma's death"
    hehehehe wrong grammar I think:p

You're great Yasha keep it up