1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

tips for growing a healthy long hair

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by CWar, Nov 20, 2005.

1. CWar バージョン1.0

First off, I'm a male, and have always had short hair. I started growing my hair out about a year ago, and has since reached about shoulder length. I just want to know if there's some extra things that needed to be done to ensure that it grows healthily? Maybe you females or males who has had long hair for years might have some input. Thanks :)

Tags:
  2. Hitomi_No_Ryu Lost in UkeNaru fantasies~!

Herbal. Essence.

3. Volken Heureusement

The more you cut hair, the thicker it gets, but since you've been cutting your hair all this time I'm sure that's not a problem. Stress really thins out your hair. Hair really reflects your overall health. So just eat well and be stress-free and you'll have glorious hair, the likes of which even Fabio will envy. And yeah, also finding the right type of shampoo helps too.

4. Jagermonster Never apologize, Never explain

Long hair rules. Without it, you just look like an idiot when you headbang. Plus, most girls like guys with long hair(when it looks good and is clean, that is). I wish mine would grow straighter though.

5. skunkworks Member

I've got long Jew hair, hehe. It gets curly the longer it gets.

6. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Make sure to comb or brush it to keep the tangles out of it. Eat healthy so that it grows out nice and thick. Use conditioner after you shampoo.:p I hear that the whites of eggs are good for hair.

7. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

make sure to keep it well trimmed as it grows out. aside from that just take good care of your body, and find a good shampoo/conditioner.

8. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I only have long braids because I got tired of getting really bad hair cuts from my pops 10 years ago. Ohhh man the jokes..:iik

9. crystal-kay Leo's Lover, Haru

Trim it every few weeks so you won't get split ends. Eat healthy cause it does affects your hair and you probably don't want to shed more hair before you reach the age. Condition after shampoo. Um, don't keep it in a ponytail or braids everyday cause it puts stress on the hair and makes it break easily.

10. Rinali your retarded little brother

I don't nothing with my hair and still it grown like crazy

bo-hoo!!

11. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

You DO know that there are people that envy that right?:laugh.
    I know my hair grows really slowly, but that's a good thing since it just will make it that much longer before I cut it all off.

12. Tokio_no_Go Respect the Burden

Welcome to the club! Just keep it in good condition. I suggest asking a stylist to examine your hair and suggest what kind of hair care products to use, it makes all the difference in the world. In no time you will have girls wanting to touch your hair and they will be jealous of it. Haha, I was told by many girls it makes guys infinately more attractive to have nice long hair.

13. Sakura Active Member

comb. brush. use high-quality shampoo. make sure it doesnt fly up in the air like mine. itz ok for girls but not at all for guys

14. Zhongda Active Member

15. Wierd Divide Melancholy death of oyster boy

16. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

Mine's about shoulder length, I haven't cut iit in at least 6 months, but I use conditioner. Even though I haven't been trimming it, it still looks fine. Of course, my family doesn't like it because I let my bangs hang over my face usually...not down to my neck, mind you, just past my nose. It's also gonna be white starting this christmas :D

17. TGC TGC

i had long hair too, Harry Potter type of long not too long, but then i got to stressed out at one point for like 3 months and i was loosing too much damn hair, to the point where i had to cut it. when i cut it i decided to take it easy for a while and not worru y too much about stuff. Starting to see the results but yeah, don't get too stresses outlike i did, my hair is really thin right now but atleast it's not falling off anyomore, it's recovering slowly...

18. chauronity ビリーバット

Eat properly. Dont stress. Keep it in shape, ie. visit the barber regularly.
    Use some stuff that fits to your hair and helps it, nourish it.

I had 30-40cm hair here, but cutted it to something between shoulder and chin-lenght

19. Sertechaun Caffeine Addict.

Is the use of a hairdryer recommended? (softens it too much)
    Or should I let it dry out on itself? (get's very thick and static'd)
    Or grab a towl and dry it with that?

HELP.

20. Kashama Sasori Of the Red sand

I go in a pool 24/7(Club Swim Team) so i have horrible hair. I need a good conditioner.

21. omni1337 Neg reps!!

yea, I let my hair grow, and it gets thick, how can I prevent it from getting thick and curly?

22. CWar バージョン1.0

And does anyone have any suggestion on slicking hair back? The roots of my hair naturally goes bit to the front and parted in the center. I tried using gels, and the hair wouldn't stay slicked back. The sides always pop out, and the hair gets parted in the middle. It seems like I have to use half a bottle of the gel for the hair to stay slicked back.

23. haunted Member

You have to use a fine toothed comb right after coming out of the shower, then comb it one more time after it has dried out to separate the strands. The more you comb it, the straighter it gets.

Also, if you can this really helps make it straight-- in the shower, put in conditioner then comb your hair, then rinse it out. The combing makes more strands get coated. Then don't use a towel to dry it if you can, it gets the strands all tangled up.

24. raven_1987 I'm not male! w00t!

mine has grown up to my elbows so its pretty long, dont use hairdryers or straighteners as they dry out your hair a lot!! all i do is let it dry naturally and brush it on a morning and thats about it. my hair hasnt been cut for about 6 months now :p

25. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

I don't use gels or hair styling products for my hair. I just let it go natural. I usually end up with one side of my hair flaired out while the other side is pressed to the side of my head. I recommend that you see how your long hair settles naturally first, before you use gels or the like. Also... it's a pain to clean that stuff out at times.:p

26. Lorii Lo-kotsu

if you going to grow your hair long, keep it clean there's nothing more disgusting than oily unwashed hair that stinks..

27. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

I can't grow my hair long..... I think thats a good thing for all of us...

28. SStormz522 New Member

My hair takes FOREVER to grow :notrust and i do EVERYTHING like eat krazy healthy, clean it and brush it, and i never even use gels =| waats goin on m i like NOT the lucky ppl? lol i jus hav to wait... and wait... :sarutobi until im as old as Sarutobi -.-

29. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

I havent cut my hair in a year and a half its now to my waist and is so straight. I couldnt curl it if i tried! Anyways, what i do is never ever blowdry or use hairspray, gel, or moose...it dries up your hair and causes split ends...The best shampoo in my opinion is finesse (moisturizing) or pantene...always use a lot of conditioner and leave in a minute or two then rinse..hair ends up beautiful! For strays and bad hair days i use that brilliant brunette finishing cream. it seems like its a cream conditioner and works well. Another tip for growing hair, is to trim it every now and then. they say it helps it grow faster..

30. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

I just comb it back often. Combing it straight back all the time makes it start to settle like that for me. If I stop combing it every day it slowly starts to revert to the split in the middle and hanging in my face though. I don't knowing if training it will work for you though since everyone has different hair.