1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

To Mangekyo or Not To?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Nunally, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Nunally

This probably already has been brought up, but I hope not. ^.^;

...Okay. I have to wonder. Why the hell did Itachi tell Sasuke to hate if:

loving = precious person

precious person + killing person = Mangekyo?

He doesn't want Sasuke to get the Mangakyo? But then why did he tell Sasuke about the Mangekyo? And why kill all of Sasuke's precious people?

Unless he's some madman that wants Sasuke to do what Itachi did then rub it in Sasuke's face. That's so...boring. Un. :p

Tags:
  2. Godammit

But , To obatin the Mangekyou Sharingan, Sasuke needs to kill his best friend.
    In that case his best friend is Naruto.
    Itachi wants Sasuke to obtain to have a duel to test his "container"

3. John Locke

Itachi want Sasuke to get MS, for some reason unknown to us. It could be, that he just wanted a strong opponent.

4. Lion

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I think he essentially needs someone stronger than him to kill him for whatever reason, could be recreation of Uchiha or something. According to his belief he sees his way as the only way. And that's why he needs Sasuke to hate and kill his best friend to gain Mange because otherwise he won't win against Itachi. Or that's what he believes.

I'll continue a little further. I see couple ways how Sasuke might indeed win Itachi.

1. Through Naruto. Perhaps the fire techniques haven't been used yet to their full potential and this is the point where Naruto helps out. There's quite a few points about fire in the manga.

2. Kakashi and his mangekyou.

3. The betrayal theory - you betray someone, someone betrays you and what else. :amuse

4. By killing Naruto or Kakashi. :nuts

5. Nunally

I understand all that. ^^; But what I don't get is that he tells Sasuke about mangekyo, and since the way of getting mangekyo is to eliminate his precious people, that's what Sasuke has to do. But Itachi killed everyone, and tells Sasuke to hate, and he can't hate unless he wants mangekyo. Which he needs precious people for.

And I doubt Itachi thought that Sasuke would still consider Itachi as a precious person and therefore kill him for that reason.

6. AbnormallyNormal

he wants sasuke to feel enough hate for him so sasuke will actually kill his best friend, otherwise sasuke wouldnt go through with that

7. ~ Son of SPARDA ~

The "precious people" were Sasuke's parents and the rest of his clan... and from what I remember reading Itachi wanted Sasuke to hate and detest him for killing those people closest to him in order for him to get stronger, not necessarily to get MS. Itachi wasn't trying to malevolently coerce Sasuke into wanting to obtain MS by killing off the clan, which I still don't think he even did but that's another matter for another time, he was trying to instill within Sasuke the will to develop MS in the first place... Itachi then told Sasuke how to get MS for whenever it was Sasuke had finally gotten the desire to achieve it, which Itachi realized wouldn't have been right away hence the whole "hate me" speech. You don't just up and want to learn a technique as sinister as the MS just because you're bored, you have to be properly motivated to ever want to learn such a jutsu.

8. Godammit

Itachi said that he needs to kill "His best friend"..
    And btw he couldnt get it anyways since he needs 3 tomoe sharingan to get mangekyou