1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by MusubiKazesaru, Jun 22, 2019.

1. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

The espers of Academy City are classified into six levels, where "Level 0" lacks power while "Level 5" possesses an overwhelming amount. Of the several million espers residing in Academy City, only seven of them have attained Level 5, and ranked highest among them is the one known as Accelerator.

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator focuses on the strongest Level 5 after he protects the cheerful Last Order at the price of much of his power. Recovering at the hospital, Accelerator has led a relatively quiet life until he ends up saving the life of Estelle Rosenthal, a mysterious girl carrying a photo of Last Order. Unfortunately, Accelerator now finds himself dragged into a new conflict in the form of a sinister organization called Disciplinary Action which plots to use Last Order for a dangerous mission. Now that they have set their plan into motion and are in pursuit of the young girl, it's up to the world's most powerful esper and his newfound companion to protect Last Order and defend Academy City in the process.

The anime stars:

• as Accelerator
    • as Last Order
    • as Estelle Rosenthal
    • as Kato
    • as Sisters
    • as Aiho Yomikawa
    • as Mikihiko Hishigata
    • as Hiromi Hishigata

Tags:
  2. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

3. Shiba D. Inu

i havent seen this franchise, but why on all screenshots/promos Accelerator is always hanging out with some lolis ? :hmm

4. luffy no haki

that the joke, the guy being a real piece of shit at some point, in his way to redeeming himself, has to live surrounded by annoying brats and clones of which at some point he himself killed thousands.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Garcher

there is a market for this

6. wibisana

Flag:
    Poland
    I am on eps 13ish Season 1 Index

I just dont get why the bad guy get his own serries. (Based on Railgun serries he didnt really need his own serries)

Prolly in season 2 Index i will see more of him and prolly justify his own serries

7. luffy no haki

It´s cuz he popular a shell, that´s how spin offs are born. He literally needs no other series cuz he basically one of the Tritagonists of the To aru verse.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. wibisana

Flag:
    Poland
    He is real Dbag. I still wondering why or how he would get his own serries.

Tho in the end you can argue that those clones only have one consiousness (soul) to begin with. Since all of them are connected like an internet.

Killing of of them, since her memory and everything is passed on the other clones, it didnt feel like the specific clone died.

It just like an octopus losing one of its 20000 tentacles.

9. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

Accelerator gets more development as the series goes on, though S3 screwed a lot of things up with its horrid pacing.

10. Kellogem

Pretty much anyone can get redeemed in this story after receiving a beating and appear like a protagonist, or on the side of the protagonists like "well, I had a bad day that time, but I kind of regret it".. I mean there was that girl (Mugino or something?) who ripped her teammate in half cause she was pissed, and wanted to burn her other teammate vagina with her laser iirc - it was a long time ago I read that volume - ..characters just kill people left and right, and usually the punishment is some sort of painful body horror thing, which at the end of the day doesnt really change anything about their daily lives - like she had a lot of her parts replaced by biomechanical ones or whatever, or other vague painful crap, or just getting beaten up by touma, and there they are acting like nothing happened down the line, kind of changed and nobody making a big deal of past crap.. even the worst wannabe or actual mass murdering sociopaths can make a comeback like a "bit rough around the edges, but no worries, s/he is on our side now, who cares.. here is a clone of a person s/he killed, all forgiving, better now?"

this is how the series work according to my limited experience with it - like reading roughly 10 volumes I think. among the reasons why I dropped it, cause it bothered me how nonchalantly the author deals with moral crap.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  11. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Wait cloneS? As in plural? Who else other than Last Order?

12. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

Misaka Worst, a level 4 clone made after Last Order who was aged up to be older than the original.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    • List
  13. luffy no haki

Worst and he doesn´t hang out with them but i remember he came across some other regular Misaka clone at some point don´t remember if he helped her or if they actually talked tho.

• List
  14. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

Decent first episode. It's interesting to see the characters in a slightly different art style after so long. I think this one was filler or something, but I'm not sure.

15. Rukia

Flag:
    Sweden, Germany, England

First episode felt like filler imo.

And I was hoping to see interaction between Accelerator and his guardian. You couldn’t even tell that they know each other in this episode. Smh.

16. wibisana

Flag:
    Poland
    I havent decide to watch this. I prolly wont.

Right now I am at to aru Index season 1 when Accelerator help and trying to save chibi Misaka.

The author didnt convince me that this char is redeemable.

Aside I prolly wont watch Accelerator serries. I prolly wont watch Index Season 2. Since so far I didnt really enjoy it. Unlike Railgun series which imo way superrior than Index series.

Railgun story is more deep. While these Church battle is kinda meh for me

17. Rukia

Flag:
    Sweden, Germany, England

I liked Accelerator as a member of GROUP.

18. Kellogem

First half of Railgun was pretty good, but after they covered that Accelerator arc, the quality drops, like the rest is filler, or at least feels like it. or maybe there is one more good arc with that bitch Mugino, I think, I vaguely recall having a fight with her, and after that is the drop of quality... all I remember is it had a decline of quality, and halfway through I felt like it become pointless to watch.

19. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

About half of the Railgun anime is filler.

20. Kellogem

Thats what I'd have guessed but was not sure..

21. luffy no haki

Railgun tries to be mysterious but cant hold onto it by producing tons of totally uninteresting characters and filler. Indeed the peak of railgun happens when it interwines with index.

Where as Index got better characters yet it ultimately can be summarized into Touma punching women 85% of time and getting waifus which some he punched before.

22. wibisana

Flag:
    Poland
    That is what i liked about 1st season Railgun. The fillers lol.

The huge amount of fillers when the plot points only hinted in the background for some reasons makes the pace is preferable for me.

Like combination of regular anime (fight/intense stuff) with moe girl doing moe stuff.

Railgun Season two feels too jammed. Not enough space between story to breath.

23. wibisana

Flag:
    Poland

Flag:
    United States
    yea I don't get how railgun is supposedly so much better than index when outside of the level upper arc the first season was nothing but boring cutes girl doing cute things filler. overall both shows are average like you said.

25. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

Railgun was made to have those fillers to appeal the fans of the moe "four girls do something" genre that was making waves at the time due to K-ON. They turned it into a show with four leads which while not a bad thing isn't actually what Railgun is. You can tell this in the anime's SISTER's arc with how little screen time Uihara, Saten, and even Kuroko got. The filler arcs aren't too bad, though S2's was noticeably worse than S1's arc it had in its second half. It's a shame Kongou's character got screwed in the adaption.

Index's S3 was seriously a fuck up and kind of a travesty after the wait for, it's one they can't undo now and the part they screwed up were the epic climactic stuff the whole S2 was leading up to. NT is a big step down after the original series for the most part too so even properly doing that wouldn't necessarily be amazing either.

Railgun S3 should cover the Railgun series' version of the Daihaiseisai arc at the very least which is where Misaki (who was shoved into Railgun S's first ep for fan service) starts to be featured prominently.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 11:39 AM
  26. wibisana

Flag:
    Poland
    I guess you can say it is my personal taste

And about balance.
    I havent watch the manga or LN if there is any. I appreciate the slow paced and full of fun things they had. It help me to get to know them alot.
    Misaka in my POV is just like regural girl who get dragged into trouble that she didnt actively seek. Which also got established and introduced that way by the 1st half of the season one.

I knew something is wrong despite not knowing it was filler lol.

I mean something just didnt added up.

They were like. We should be depend each other. Dont do it alone.
    Then funnily Misaka tried to solve Misaka clone problem alone.
    Tho eventually in last arc they do it together again resuming the theme. Which is nice.
    Tbh I dont care if this version i know is canon or not. But I did enjoy it so much.

What really get me in this academy evilness. And how are they trying to solve the problem. Compared to index so far (i watched) they are dealing with outside threat (magic, Church or something).

Railgun, his friends, his enemy (1st teacher who trying to revive the sleeping kids) got fucked so much by academy and I hope they somehow can win, or something.

I know I am hoping to much since judging by comment by other posters the author seems isnt really that good. But I can only hope

27. [S-A-F]

Flag:
    United States
    I don't know how railgun ends but he fucked up index hard later on. although I'm going off a bastardized adaptation from the 3rd season so that has a big part to play in it.

• List
  28. [S-A-F]

Flag:
    United States
    yea people talk about OPM s2 but the biggest disappointment return season for me had to be index s3 considering they had us wait like almost 10 years for it and then that is what they gave us. People shit on Toei but I'm starting to think JC Staff is the real shitshow of a studio for anime nowadays.

29. luffy no haki

^And they keep getting more seasons 2 and 3 of other shows.

The best thing they have brought in years is Shokugeki no Souma which they didnt fuck up completely...yet

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  30. Kellogem

I thought Index (not the anime but in general) has a large dedicated fanbase... but reading this thread it doesnt look like it..?

or the anime just scared the fans away..

how are the LNs right now?