1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Tobito fans... 2 questions I cant figure out.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by bluewolf, May 29, 2007.

1. bluewolf mostly lurking

I have stayed out of the Obito Tobi debate because I dont think Tobi is Obito but I guess every one is entitled to their oppinion and its possible that it could be inserted as some kind of super twist to the story...

its assumed by tobito fans that after being crushed and left behind by Kakashi and the chick (ren?) Obito was rescued and healed by some early Akatsuki members or possibly Orochimaru.

in that case I have 2 questions,
    1)Why would any one go though so much trouble to save Obito? its not that i am a heartless person but Obito was not special.. he was considered something of a drop out an Uchiha who could not even activate his Sharingan and showed no special promis. so why would a "badguy" go through the effort of restoring him?

2) it was explained in the Zabuza arc that ninja organizations are pretty meticulous about recovering the bodies of fallen comrads. not out of some kind of moral responsibility but because enemies can learn things from a dead ninjas body. considering Obito was of the Uchiha even a worthless uchiha I think they would be sure to recover the body, was there any mention or hint about the status of uchiha obito's remains?

Tags:
  2. Kuroro Skill Hunter

1). Obito's sharingan, as shown by Kakashi, held the potential for the MS. This means that Obito, if he had lived, would be very strong since he had inherited the full potential of his clan's kekkai genkai.

2). There is a chance that Obito's remains may have been recovered if you consider the dilemma with Obito's goggles. In chapter 243, on the second page, Obito is drawn with his goggles, but on the very next page, Obito is shown along side Kakashi confronting the rock-nin who held Rin captive, and Obito isn't wearing his goggles. He most likely put it in one of his bags (if Kakashi can put a book in one of his bags, I see no reason why a pair of goggles could stored as well). In truth, we don't see the actual goggles again until the end of Kakashi Gaiden, which portrays a bouquet of flowers and a pair of goggles set at the memorial, which does suggest the possibility that Obito's goggles as well as his remains were recovered and sent back to Konoha for burial.

We'll find out soon enough though who Tobi is anyway. Masked characters only stay masked for so long.

3. bluewolf mostly lurking

did they know obito had this potential before? I thought every sharingan had the "potential" but there was no way to know if that potential could be reached untill adult hood... kind of like there is no way of knowing if a child can be a world class runner untill they grow older and train for it, they simply keep training untill they reach a wall that they cannot surpass.

in other words, what besides the fact that he was an uchiha made Obito important. the sharingan was not so rare that they people would be following around every uchiha hoping to catch one on the brink of death...

your right though.. we will find out soon enough.

4. leonejoey I kill, I..I kill

Zetsu was passin through and was very hungry so he dug Obito out only to realise that he was barely alive. he realised that obito was an uchiha so he took care of him as if he was his sensei. Kinda like Iruka/naruto relationship.

Tobi lost a very big part of his memory and the only thing he could recall was part of his name "Tobi". He idolised Zetsu like Rock lee does Gai, and simply wanted to become like him.

So he joined akatsuki. IT'S SIMPLE!! AT this Point ALL questions have been awnsered

5. Shiron BOING!!!

(Note: I am also against the Tobi=Obito theory. However, I will try to answer these questions anyhow.)

1.) Obito was an Uchiha. If nothing else, people would want his body to study and attempt to figure out the secrets of the Uchiha bloodline and the Sharingan.

That and if an experimental freak would have been the one to find his body, the chance to test their jutsus on someone from the prodigous Uchiha clan would be too good to pass up, even if it meant investing the time to heal the kid up.

2.) This is something that I've never really considered for... Yondaime (or someone from the Uchiha clan; whatever) should have dispatched some tracker nins to dispose of Obito's body once he found out that Obito was dead, making something like Obito ending up being Tobi being impossible. However, it doesn't necessarily have to turn out that way, even if tracker nis were dispatched.

For example, someone could have stumbled onto Obito's body before the tracker-nins arrived, and taken it for their own purpouses before the tracker nins arrived. Thus, Obito's body wouldn't have gotten destroyed or anything and him ending up being Tobi would still be a possibility.

Or, something a bit different could have happened. One of the tracker-nins, this being the one that was sent to take care of Obito, could have had an... experiment obsession. After seeing Obito's body, they couldn't control their urges any longer, and decided to use Obito as their first test subject (eventuallyu resulting in Obito). The tracker-nin would report that they took care of Obito's body, but in realtiy, he was still quite alive, and was being experimented on by that person.

So, in any case, the existance and dispatchment of tracker-nins wouldn't really be a problem for the Tobito theory.

6. Kuroro Skill Hunter

Just being a Uchiha holds a lot of weight in the ninja world, especially if the said Uchiha could awaken the clan's kekkai genkai. Contrary to popular belief from our demonstrations of Itachi and Sasuke, the majority of Uchihas could not awaken the doujutsu, and from the few who could, very, very few members of the clan held the potential for the MS.

The Lightning Village wanted to get a hold on the byakugan, which resulted in the death of Neji's father. Getting a hold on the sharingan, the most powerful kekkai genkai we've seen to date, would be like finding a sunken gallery full of treasure. The sharingan is a highly feared and respected trait, and it was one of the reasons why the Uchiha Clan was the most feared clan in the narutoverse.

7. TheFlameAlchemist Active Member

Well about the googles I think Kakashi just picked them up for his memorial...
    And any Uchiha is worth getting your hands on.
    Specially if it's a girl
    :nuts :drool Uchiha girl... (Karin with sharingan)

8. herdrocks watch your back

tobis a badass and he can be anyone he wants

9. ~ Son of SPARDA ~ Active Member

I think you should take a look at my theory Yes, another Tobi=Obito thread but from a TOTALLY DIFFERENT viewpoint... it explains possible explanations that might help to answer these two questions you have.

10. Kumomaru Hidden Cloud ANBU

It makes 500 billion% more sense that Orochimaru would have taken Obito. Thanks for subtly pointing that out. But still the OP raises good questions. If Orochimaru did in fact "save" Obito though it wouldn't make sense for him to still be alive and kicking.

It would give more life to the line "I want what you have" that Orochimaru used against Kakashi. It woul dmake it almost acceptable. the keyword is almost xD

11. El Torero Spanish La Liga #1 Fan

Kakuzu´s corpse in Konoha shown us that the answer of question 2 is very easy: plot-no-jutsu.

12. Krory

I don't see how that is Plot no Jutsu...

13. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

WTF? Where do you get that from? Somehow Konoha-nin carring a body to their village is unbelievable?

14. Estess Member

It's true that when you compare the effect of rocks falling over a body and a body hit by such a pwerful jutsu as Naruto, seing that Kakuzu's body managed to survive then I wouldn't see the problem of being able to rescue Obito.

Furthermore it's true that, being an Uchiha, Zetsu would have preferred to save him and make him his subordinate rather than leaving him die or eating him after.