1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Tohno Shiki(Tsukihime) vs Tenchi Masaki

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by ez, Jun 2, 2007.

1. ez Jesus Christ

Spoiler: Shiki's powers(wiki'd)

However, this is only when his glasses are on. His ability to see lines, known as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception (直死の魔眼 - Chokushi no Magan), is an incredibly powerful pseudo-magical effect. With these Mystic Eyes, Shiki is able to see the eventual fated destruction of an object or entity expressed as small points on the object or entity's body and as thin black lines that extend from those points and crawl over the body. Attendant with the perception is the ability to trace the lines without much exertion; doing so effectively realizes the fated destruction, and the victim is cut or cracked or broken along those lines. Because this destruction is destined, this method of injury ignores any of the victim's defenses; armor, magical protection, regeneration, and so forth are useless. While a line symbolizes "damage" along that part of the body, a dot symbolizes the totality of that body's damage, and by extension, "existence". When a dot is pierced, the victim's concept is destroyed. This method of killing is apparently absolute; it bypasses even reincarnation, and can even be used against a collective entity.

VS

Tenchi's Light Hawk Wings

This isn't a fight.

Could Shiki cut through Tenchi's defenses which cancel out any attack?

Tags:
  2. Parallax LET ME IN Advisor

Flag:
    Mexico

That's a good question. If the wings have a point of death then yeah, but I'm not sure that they do. So I don't think Shiki would actually be able to cut through it.

3. Wesley Guess who it is!?

4. Lord Yu Active Member

This is not a matter of just being cut. But having your death line cut. This is a fucking hard call as Tenchi is omnipotent.

5. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

If Shiki can see his Deathlines, then he ofc will kill him.

... that ofc would only happen if Tenchi wills his own death :p

6. ez Jesus Christ

Well this isn't the tenchi w/ 3 LHWs, not the omnipotent one :|

7. Tuxx God of Destruction

Anyways I've seen this debate before and it was decided that he couldn't cut the LHW. Real question is if the LHW would even have a dot if Shiki focused to find one.

Since LHW is a high end cosmic substance that is power by beings that are omnipotent that aren't fated with death or or existence. It would have no effect.

Although there might be another mystic eye user that "maybe" could cut the LHW. Shiki Ryogi from Kara no Kyoukai could maybe. Shiki excel at killing physical forms better then Ryogi who is better at killing souls and non-physical, even magic and eternal things. She's an advance user of the mystic eye higher then Shiki and with better control.

Ryogi has access to the Akashic Record. It's the root of anything in their respective universe. Beginning and end of all things, chaos. Everything has an origin and a end. Ryogi can see dots to destroy the origin trace it back before the universe began or end it like via fated death just like Shiki.

8. Wesley Guess who it is!?

9. Tuxx God of Destruction

It was given to by Aoko who stole it from her sister. Even Arcueid couldn't even destroy it when she tried.

10. Wesley Guess who it is!?

Well it's not like they have unique properties. It's probably just some old magical trick.

11. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

I don't follow the description of this Tenchi person abilty. If in fact it is able to cancel any attack, then by definition it would register under omnipotent, and thus there is no discussion. If however it is unable to cancel any attack, but is simply able to cancel all but seeming limit breaking attacks, it should then register under nigh-omnipotent. Hence by definition within shiki's ability to kill. Simply put, as long as it is not omnipotent, I don't see why that person, thing, or being, would not have a fated eventual end. For instances, lets take the universe. The universe may or may not end one day, but lets say it will. Under this assumption and that Shiki is facing off against a being that is a compression of said universe and of course presuming Shiki is given a free hit, that compressed universal being would cease to be.

12. Fenix Pie Vendor

I thought it said somewhere that Shiki can't cut Ort because he can't comprehend the meaning of death for an alien being. I'm not sure if it said whether he can see the lines or not, but I just remember reading that he can't kill it

So there is some limit to his ability at least

Also some things can obtain a state of having no lines or dots at all, and I quote from wiki

13. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

if the thing is a special case, not sure how to describe special case, then it seems Shiki first needs to understand it in order to make it cease to exist. Actually, I think special case could be said to mean anything beyond the physical world contrainst of damage.
    -against Nero until Shiki understood and went berserk he wasn't able to "kill" or truly cease Nero. Nero was a being made up of many others and had become chaos and no longer able to feel pain in the physical world.
    Yet, against Arcuied and against Other's like Roa, he could hurt/kill them without knowing anything about them, most likely because they were not beyond physical damage.

Ah! I forgot about that True Ancestor contigent......

14. Fenix Pie Vendor

15. Darklyre ponies!

Tenchi is omnipotent, but uses nigh-omnipotent defenses. Basically, if you have Lighthawk Wings of your own, you can use them to cancel out his. Reality warping should also work since there isn't a way to turn that to zero. However, even if you got past the LHWs themselves, Tenchi himself is still omnipotent and could cancel out whatever you did.

16. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

LHW's only convert all energy/damage inflicting attacks to 0. They do nothing to attacks that deal with reality warping, 1 hit kill, and usually magic related. That ability would be able to beat Tenchi since it ignores all defenses.

17. shurikenz8 New Member

Tenchi died when Z cut him.... that only released his godlike state which is eternal and almighty.

18. Darklyre ponies!

Well, it wouldn't be able to BEAT him, but it'd likely go through his LHWs.

19. Fenix Pie Vendor

But that's what the thread starter is asking right. Just getting through the defense