1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Tonight: Hatton vs Mausa

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Shikamaru-sama, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Shikamaru-sama

ahhhh here we are again, another boxing match :D will anyone be watching this?

Unfortunatly...i wont be :( ill be at work but with any luck it will be on the screens in the bar.

Anyway, for those of you who know anything about boxing, on paper Mausa has no chance in hell of winning this match. Sure he beat Harris to take the title but he took so much damage in the early rounds.

Harris wasnt a hard puncher, Hatton is.

Ricky Hatton is probably the most complete boxer in the world today, he currently holds two belts and there is NO obvious weakness to his game. Hell take damage well and is an intelligent hard hitter. His last battle against the legendary Kostya Tszu showed exactly how great this guy is. He pummeled Tszu's body knowing that tszu had struggled with his weight control.

Tszu, a world boxing champion, refused to come out of his corner for the 12th round.

This fight goes to Hatton, Ko in the 6th.

Tags:
  2. illusion

Ricky Hatton is probably the most complete boxer in the world today

Wow, Hatton is a good fighter, but the most complete? I think that's a little much. I mean he beat Kostya Tszu, but everybody knows Tszu is on the down side of his career.

Besides Tszu, Hatton hasn't fought anybody worth mentioning and how will he do when he's not fighting in his home town? I'm not trying to hate on Hatton, but I still think he needs one more victory over a 'legitimate' opponent before we can put him in the elite category. If you ask me Mayweather is the most complete boxer, but his ego is the size of the sun, so I don't know about him......I mean firing your own dad? What a dick!

3. Shikamaru-sama

Ok so my prediction was a little off, he got the KO in the 9th :p

The most exciting thing about the match is now the fact they HAVE to let him fight the americans now. He is extremely unlucky in that he has no charisma and as such isnt really top of the bill material, but hoqww can they say no to the WBA and IBF champion?

Hatton is an amazing athlete, but you are right in pulling me up on that point i think. It showed in the Maussa fight he still has his old weakness, he cuts too damn easily, its ridiculous.

The americans dont fight Hatton because they cant be sure theyll win.

As for firing your dad...i would :blink

4. illusion

Like I said, a fighter worth mentioning. :p

I didn't get to see the fight, but you said he got cut again? That's gonna be a real problem. He'll probably end up losing in the future, only because of a doctors' stoppage. :sad

You could be right about this.

LMAO. I guess I would too, if he was a terrible trainer, but Mayweather Sr. is considered by many as the one of the best in the industry and the things Mayweather Jr. said about his father just shows you what kind of person he is.

5. Shikamaru-sama

Yeah, Hatton was cut above BOTH eyes by the second round. Maussa kept fucking it up by rubbing the heel of his glove into the cuts when they opened. the fight was really a testament to Hattons cutman whose name escapes me (not that i ever knew it :p)

he went straight to the hospital afterwards and they say its going to be 6 months before his cuts are FULLY healed. (when a boxer gets cut he really has to make sure its healed and healed properly :blink).

Hmm, a Hatton vs Mayweather fight. to be perfectly honest i havnt seen Mayweather in action much so i cant really talk about his game, can you fill me in on his style a little bit?

6. illusion

Mayweather Jr. has to be one of the fastest boxers I've seen, period. Yup, I put him up there with Sugar Ray and Roy Jones (in their prime, of course) his hand speed and evasiveness is just rediculous. He seriously has all the talent in the world. Many regard him as the current top pound for pound fighter.

He hasn't lost yet and because of his quickness, he hasn't even been hurt in a fight. He's got 'over' thirty fights (atleast 4 of them were against legitimate opponents) so that's saying alot, but like I said earlier his personality is what makes me hate the guy. I've seen some cocky fighters before, but he takes the cake.......overconfidence could become his downfall.