1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Top FIVE chapters of 2018

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Keishin, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Keishin Well-Known Member

As we are now at the end of 2018 it is time to praise greatest chapters (tbh even in general this is my top FIVE) of 2018. Simply put a great year filled with tension and emotions from Yoshihiro Togashi and Hunter x Hunter.
    Share your thoughts and comments below.

5th place. HxH chapter 377 "Scheme"
    Nah bro. Togashi throwing a massive plot twist on page 8 like nothing with Illumi on the ship as he joined the Spiders most likely to protect Kalluto from the killer clown, and he is fully ready to throw hands with Hisoka until one drops. Chapter begins by building up to the "Without You" moment and ends with the mob planning to take out the Spiders. "Now, Bring me Hisoka's head...!!!"
    Spoiler:

4th place. HxH chapter 387 "Return"
    This chapter connects to chapters 383, 385, taking place during the Banquet, revealing a cleverly kneaded hidden layer of the story that could not be understood until we finally see the entire event that lead up to the resurrection of Tserriednich through his own eyes as Tserriednich gains a new and overpowered ability with which he aims to conquer the World with.
    Spoiler:

3rd place. HxH chapter 371 "Mission"
    "She shall live on shining brighter than in her life, Hui!"
    Year kicks off with the Phantom Troupe, Kurapika's side about the phone call and a crazy plot twist at the end related to the true goal behind the Jar ceremony and the succession war, and most importantly it was truly a chapter with some real atmosphere to it. Amazing, I could really feel this chapter.

2nd place. HxH chapter 382 "Awakening"
    "Farewell... Father...!"
    Halkenburg's face-off with King Nasubi has been built up and it finally explodes in chapter 382. This one deals with tension, Halkenburg arrives to kill the King, fails, attempts to kill himself, fails, and only to come out as an absolute Monster that is the most feared on the ship right this very moment. When 2019 comes? Halkenburg might sink them all.
    Spoiler:

1st place. HxH chapter 383 "Escape"
    As Melody starts to play her flute, Kaccho and Fugetsu make their way to escape from the bloody Succession War with the help of Keeni... And I coulda swore I saw the Hands from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It all ends with a fantastic showcase of what the main man YOSHIHIRO TOGASHI can pull off with his godly writing skills.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  2. Griffith Well-Known Member

Here's to a new chapter early next year.:beer

3. Keishin Well-Known Member

Let's make sure to celebrate the 400th chapter since it's inevitably coming. :beer