1. Konoha Library has been renamed to New Leaf. Konoha TV will soon be (or has been) archived. For Naruto/Boruto manga AND ANIME discussion, go to

New Leaf
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Avatar upgrade for members!
    All normal members can now have 175x250 avatars.
    Read more about it here.
  5. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  6. Our latest NF Newsletter is out (November), read it here!
  7. It's that time of the year when everyone spreads good and magic things, to enter in the Christmas Spirit full of art HVoA invites you to

✵ Join the NF Christmas Extravaganza ✵
  8. 。◕‿‿◕。 Gobble gobble! Turkey day is nearing fast so hop on by to NFs Thanksgiving Raffle and give thanks to those that matter the most to you, win some goodies in the process too!

Top five nen users

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Skilatry, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Skilatry Well-Known Member

Guess who they are, just for fun, I'll go first.

In no particular order:

1. Ging
    2. Beyond
    3. Maha
    4. Botobai
    5. Linne

2. Oz Green days are not gone

ging
    Maha

idk the rest

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. snakeeater Active Member

In order of who I believe are the strongest, but not necessarily, though:

1) Beyond
    2) Ging
    3) Zeno
    4) Biscuit
    5) Botobai

We know that Netero is familiar with all 5 of them, so his top 5 probably refers to these characters.

Maha (who I believe is actually Zzigg Zoldyck, who went with Netero to the Dark Continent) and Linne are past their prime, and don't look like they aged as well as Netero, in my opinion. I could be wrong, though.

Also, Netero asked for Zeno's help and not Zzigg's, maybe because he was the strongest of the two?

I know a lot of people will put Zzigg (Maha) in Netero's top 5, but I think he was referring to people in their prime.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  4. WorldsStrongest Ive Been Around

Genuinely dont think we've met any of em yet aside from Ging and MAYBE Beyond

If it was any of the Zodiacs or Bisky i feel like it would have been stated...Especially by Bisky considering shes the one who brought up Gins placement on it...If she was on it she would have stated something along the lines of "Ging is top 5 according to netero...Alongside myself of course!"

And it aint Zeno or any of the zoldycks still kicking either imo...

Zeno stated he wasnt on the chairmens level at all...And the chairmen stated he hasnt been among the most skilled nen users in years

So as of now the only dude with any business on the list for sure is Ging...Beyond is a good candidate being Neteros blood n all

No one else comes close yet tho imo

5. snakeeater Active Member

All of what you said could very well be true. However, it makes sense that they would be 5 characters that we've already seen that are close to Netero. I can't imagine there are 3 other extremely powerful characters that are above Zeno and Biscuit that haven't been introduced at this point in the story, considering these 2 are Nen masters of the highest caliber. The power creep would be too unbelievable, in my opinion.

I actually thought about this, too, but I figured it's not something she would brag about. After all, she's someone that likes to hide her true strength.

Then again, we know that Netero is a whimsical liar. He stated that he was as strong as Morel and Knov, and that Pitou was stronger than him, but we know that after his meditation, he's easily the strongest human, stronger than the Royal Guards. He probably doesn't include himself in the top 5.

So basically, Zeno not being stronger than Netero doesn't mean he's not a top 5 Nen user because none of the top 5 are likely to be stronger than Netero after his meditation. Having a Zoldyck in the top 5 makes sense to me because they have a close relationship with Netero and the reputation of being the strongest assassins.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  6. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law

Ging
    Beyond
    Top Zodiac (maybe Botobai, why is he hyped again? Is it just the closest to the chairman mistranslation?)
    Someone we have not met
    Someone we have not met

7. snakeeater Active Member

Viz: "Advisor in the Zodiacs and close to the previous chairman."
    Manga Stream: "The most senior of the Zodiac twelve. In name and in ability, the one closest to being chairman."

Which of the two is the mistranslation? Or are they both wrong?

8. Max Thunder Active Member

You guys don't mention Hisoka or Chrollo?

Hisoka used nen to revive himself post-mortem that's on a whole another level of using nen.

He literally took the most simplest concept of a hasty and turned it into one of the most versatile ones.

Chrollo is so proficient in nen usage that he can use different types of nen at will and overcome his own limitations by using his smarts while at the same time completely misdirecting his enemy.

I have serious doubts as to how Botobai or Biscuit could be on their level

9. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law

To be specific I was referring to:

In name and in ability, the one closest to being chairman

10. snakeeater Active Member

That's because we're talking about Netero's top 5. There's no reason to believe that he knew Chrollo, and I don't think he knew about Hisoka when he told Biscuit about Ging being one of the top 5 Nen users.

However, I'd personally include Chrollo in the list if it were my top 5.

Ah, so Manga Stream is the mistranslation.

Still, Botobai is a Triple Star terrorist hunter, a member of the Zodiacs that were handpicked by Netero himself, and he's part of the Dark Continent defense team, so his fighting strength should be immensely high. I think he's one of Netero's top 5.

11. ainzowngoal Member

Ging
    Silva. The HEAD of the Zoldyck family. And his genes gave birth to Killua, the most talented Zoldyck.
    Beyond - He is "beyond" Netero
    Pariston
    Chrollo - he can use two hatsus at a time, creating OP combos.

12. Starburst~ Member

Don
    Paris
    Beyond
    Unknown hunter

13. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

LMAO some of you list Pariston when he never revealed any of his abilities yet :hestonpls

14. Masa Active Member

It's going to be pretty disappointing if there aren't guys out there who could defeat royal guards in a tough battle on their own (through hax if not raw power) considering Adult Gon no-diffed Pitou. At the moment, the only two characters we know of who even have the possibility of being capable of that due to hype are Ging and Beyond, so I think the last 3 spots are either not yet introduced characters or characters we haven't seen enough of like Pariston and Botobai.

15. Captain Boldman Active Member

Hype man, hype. His portrayal is possibly of that tier, at definitely in a tier right below.

16. ainzowngoal Member

The dude controls 4000 chimera ants. Like how is that possible? And Togashi knows how to write smart strategy heavy characters like Chrollo and Morel.

17. Captain Boldman Active Member

Agreed, but Pariston will have his time soon.

18. Venice Member

Beyond
    Botobai
    Pariston
    Maha