1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Tousen Kaname vs. Kuchiki Byakuya (ANIME SPOILERS INSIDE)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Bass, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Bass

I wondered who would win between these two captains.

I think Tousen would win because of his bankai but then again Byakuya might pull a Zaraki and take a hit to know where Tousen is.

Maybe it could be a tie.......your thoughts?

Tags:
  2. TDM

Well I had assumed that after the Bankai Byakuya could just use his and like slash everything inside the dome.

3. Near

I agree with that. I think Tousen bankai would be his disadvantage. no where to run.

4. ChaochroX

I totally agree with all the posts above it. Byakuya would just have his blades slash everything in the dome untill it disapears. There may or may not be anything of Tousen left.

5. sRyaZzdJ

tousen would lose in an instant. the guy can't even see, so how can he see those small razor blades that people that can see, not see?

6. Caustic

This can go either way, in my opinion.

In a battle of Shi Kai, Byakuya would most likely take it rather easily. A battle between Tousen and Byakuya would finish very quickly, depending on the Ban Kai and when they unleash it.

More likely then not, Byakuya would not use his Ban Kai until Tousen realeases his own - As stated before, without using Ban Kai, Byakuya would win it. However, upon the use of his Ban Kai, Tousen must immediately act, and deliver a death blow to Byakuya. If he fails to take Byakuya down before he can get used to the sensory deprivation, Byakuya will be able to use his Ban Kai to form a shield of whirling blades that prevent Tousen from getting close, in addition to sending even more blades to fill the dome until Tousen is found and lacerated.

It all comes down to how quickly and effectively they use their Ban Kai, in my opinion. If Tousen can be strong willed enough to just up and kill another captain without hesitation, he can probably win. Otherwise, Byakuya is out of his league.

7. cinosweiv

Kuchiki Byakuya's BanKai are too deadly, nobody has ever escaped his final attack except Ichigo.
    No holes for Byakuya's Bankai unless you are super fast like Ichigo's BanKai.....

Byakuya might be blind in Tousen's BanKai, but he can still strike Tousen anywhere he likes.

8. yelin

Tousen is a joke him and fox dude ran from zenpachi like fools. lol shame, no way, byakuya alkl the way.

9. Bass

But what if Tousen used his other bankai move, 'Suzumushi Form 2: Benihikou'?

He doesn't need to get in close to pull it off.

10. yelin

what if Byakuya used that move he only howed 2 people, tpousen would be mince meat.

11. Yamato (Inactive)

Tousen will be shatered into pieces as small as Byakuya shikai. Why? To land a hit Tousen need to come close to Byakuya and hit him with his sword. In the moment when Byakuya will recive first hit, he will just use his blades (Tousen will be really near then) and there would be no more of Tousen.

12. Dooh

Tousen will win because, His bankai "The enmakoogori takes away your siritual sense, your sight, your hearing and your sense of smell"(Chap146 p.14) meaning that bakyas bankai would be useless? as he won't be able to feel/see or sense his blades, so he would be forced to rely on meele whiles Tousen can use distance and meele.

13. Code

The only person that has gone down to Byakuya's shikai in one hit was Ganjyu...
    Spoiler:
    Both Renji and Ichigo has taken his shikai and bankai hit and continued on.
    So even Tousen is below Vice Captain level?

14. Crowe

Buyakuya doesnt really have to see his enemy since he can just unleash all the blades

15. Wrath

Byakuya could take this without even using his Bankai.

All he needs to do is make a shield of blades surrounding himself, and there's nothing Tousen can do to hurt him, which turns it into a stamina battle. I'd bet on the guy using hardly any power rather than the guy maintaining a Bankai.

Even if you think that he would have to use his Bankai, every indication is that Byakuya far surpasses the regular level of Captain. Renji, his own VC who'd been training specifically to beat him, didn't even know that Byakuya had Bankai. That means that, like Kenpachi, Byakuya performs all the duties of a Captain while placing a huge handicap on himself. Tousen... doesn't. Tousen is in fact the Captain with the absolute worst showings.

16. Hatsune Miku

Probably Byakuya. His bankai can slice his enemy clean.

17. Ninpou

I'll give this one to Byakuya. Byakuya's shikai/bankai can probably cut up Tousen before he can use his bankai. Tousen's also blind so he can't see where the blades are anyway. :nuts

18. Ninpou

I don't know about that. I think Byakuya would know what Tousen's bankai would do since they've probably been in the gotei 13 together for probably thousands of years. Byakuya should have at least seen Tousen's bankai once during those long years.

19. Dooh

Uhm, How Can he use somthing he can't feel or see? How does he know where his blades are when he can't feel them? How can he tell his shika to release when he can't say anything to it? Even so how can he controll his blades without feeling/seeing or sensing them? lol Tousen lost because his weakness is against meele fighters, not because he got uberly pwned. I would say 70-30 to Tousen favour.

20. JoshDB

I'm thinking Byakuya would win. He wouldn't really need to sense his blade's power, just order it to fly everywhere.

21. Zun Liako

Tousen can't beat a ball of yarn, he has no chance

22. Dooh

how can he say that they should fly somewhere when he doesn't know where he is?

23. superman_1

byakuya would win this..... once he unleashes his bankai it would completely obliterate tousen and his bankai too... and besides byakuya has really mastered his bankai too since it has 2 more forms as well....plus byakuya's speed is fast too...

24. wolfman_120

Both are strong but I think this fight goes to Byakuya

25. Kisame

Tousen wins this easily.

26. Syn

Byakuya hands down.

27. Kisame

Hands down what. You cant see you cant control your petals.

You cant control your petals you stab yourself with them.

28. Syn

He doesnt need to see them. He can sactter them every where and hit Tousen, also im sure Byakuya is smart enough to realize Tousen weakness in his bankai and he does have the stamina to take the hits from him imo. Maybe the fight wouldnt be completely one sided but Byakuya would win.

29. Kisame

And himself... He won't know where to scatter them. No senses = no way to avoid hitting himself.

What weakness? That he has to take a sword through the gut to be able to successful get ahold of Suzumushi?

What stamina? Tousen stabs him in the neck its over. No stamina involved with that.

30. Syn

Based on past fights Tousen doesnt speed things up. Had he done that with Kenpachi he would have won, he didnt though and he got his ass kicked.

Yes, that was the weakness of his bankai.

He may not know where to scatter thing but at worst it would be a tie, his petals killing both him and Tousen.