1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Training from Yamato?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mori`, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

Before I start I did do a search and found no topics relating specifically to this, whilst it may have come up elsewhere I feel that it probably deserves its own thread.

Anyway onto the main topic:

ok this presumes that Yamato is a good guy and is going to want to help out otherwise its pretty much pointless but...

Naruto is going to be spending some time with Yamato during this mission and I tend to think he will be interested in him having never really met someone currently in the ANBU (or at least its not shown in the manga).

Naruto is also driven by the will to get stronger and become Hokage as well as saving Sasuke from Orochimaru, this means that he trains intensively and I think that he'll continue to try and improve himself during this arc, without a sensei he may look to Yamato to supervise.

So the main point that I've taken far too long getting to is this, will Yamato teach Naruto anything this arc? I could see Naruto maybe picking up a new Jutsu from him but I'd also like to see Naruto enquire a bit about the ANBU and maybe pick up some lessons in using a sword. Its always been something thats caught my attention, the number of Nin who seem to have swords; especially the ANBU and so I think it'd be awesome to see Naruto pick up a few sword skills.

so yeh umm...what do you think? Will Yamato teach Naruto anything during this arc?

Tags:
  2. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

he won't know yamato is from ANBU. naruto won't get a chance to ask yamato anything about that

3. Christen Itachi's trouble

ANBU members are only known by Jounins, higher authorities and their family.

And that's why Tsunade gave him the codename.

4. icoselitham Lost

So your saying Naruto won't recognize the ANBU clothing and the mask.

5. master_balder New Member

If you remember when Yamato got his code name he took his mask off synce it was not an ANBU Mission but a assignmnet

6. icoselitham Lost

Your right. my mistake. He's wearing the standerd jounin/chuunin outfit.

7. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

who knows if he remembers what ANBU was in the first place. he's kind of stupid sometimes. a probable dialogue in a future chapter will be:

naruto: ANBU? what's that?
    sakura: you dumb ass... ANBU is this and that (a detailed explanation of ANBU is then showed maybe with some new facts)
    sakura: don't you remember this from when we saw haku?
    naruto: oh yeah! i forgot, i'm such a retard.

8. Gallic Rush Why not?

How fast did you read the chapter :laugh

Back on topic: I don't think Yamato will teach anything to Naruto seeing as they are team members, not teacher/pupil. I can't think of an example where team members learned each others techniques... To clarify, this is excluding jounin/genin teams because I consider that a teacher/pupil relationship.

9. icoselitham Lost

I rushed through it like always:p . The anime was harder because i had no time to look up because i was reading the subtitles.

And Yamato will teach naruto to have a penis.

10. Gallic Rush Why not?

You really did rush through it, Sai is the one who is going to teach Naruto to have a penis :laugh

That still makes me laugh... I think it was Dyronness with the signature containing a spoof on that which was even funnier :tem

But yeah: Yamato will probably prove to be just another auxiliary character (perhaps giving up his life in some noble act or other).

11. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Awww no cool ANBU training for Naruto.
    I wonder if he'll join ANBU as the series progresses.

12. earthshine Banned

yamato will show naruto how to stop meeting gay people all the time(haku, oro, sai, sasuke)

13. Gallic Rush Why not?

And how do you propose he is going to do that?

Or is that sarcasm :S?

BTW, Sasuke isn't gay... he's asexual.

14. yapster Ramen Boss

Now, I dun see why Yamato would even take a liking to Naruto here. I have some questions though, he said Sai was the strongest among the current batch. Wat does he base his assumption on? He hasn't even seen wat Naruto or Sasuke can do. He looks like a very proud old man though.

15. Gallic Rush Why not?

16. Vatatzes run around headless

I wish naruto would learn a whole bunch of ANBU jutsus but i seriously doubt it. naruto doesnt have too many jutsus anyways. Its kinda a ripp off really. Sakura comes back with all these crazy med techniques and super strength and naruto has nothing really. I guess he has an improved rasengan but that requires a clone still after 2 and a half years he hasnt gotten it right! I hope yamato teaches him some cool anbu thing at least! but i know he isnt going to.

17. Gallic Rush Why not?

Vatatzes, please don't say Naruto has nothing prematurely like this, it makes me sad :sad.

I won't get too off topic here, but I'm sure that Naruto has at least 1 or 2 jutsus that Yamato will be impressed with. I agree that Naruto hasn't really shown much so far, but that's not necessarily because he has nothing.

18. yapster Ramen Boss

19. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Old man with the bandages also knows as Billy Bandages.

20. Nakor Active Member

naruto may pick up some new jutsus from yamato by just seeing them. but i don't think he will get any formal training from him. They are on a mission and yamato isn't their sensei.

remember even jiraiya told naruto not to show off his jutsus in front of people. i doubt either of them will be training or sparing with each other because of that. yamato would know this much more than naruto since he is in ANBU and its all secret and stuff. he isn't giong to be showing naruto anything unless its in battle.

21. Drakor Active Member

I think what naruto has learned has to do with his jutsu he used against Deidara maybe using the tails as a weapon or using the chakra like how Gaara's sand was used to attack, block, and constrict. The rest was just improvements and advancements I guess.

Yama might teach him ways of getting out of genjutsu since its Narutos weakness

22. mix_m Red Deck Wins.

I agree that it isn't likely that Naruto will learn any specific techniques from Yamato. They are about to embark on a mission, and there simply isn't the time to do anything more than a team-building exercise (a la the bells test).

Perhaps trust falls? :p

23. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Kakashi has already made it clear that the teacher/student time was over. Yamato is a team leader responsible for the outcome of a high ranked mission, neither a babysitter nor a teacher. If Naruto is not good enough after 2,5 years training with Jiraiya and if Kakashi deems it's not his responsibility to teach Naruto anymore, then there is no need for the so called "Yamato", who is supposedly a professional assassinator, to give Naruto a training session in the middle of a perilous mission.
    Naruto had his chance to get tutoring from a more "conventional" teacher (Ebisu) but he lost it the second the eccentric Jiraiya joined the cast.

24. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I think Yamato will offer advice/council more than anything else. However, it would be nice if Naruto could learn a move from him just by watching his actions.

25. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Spoiler:
    sharingan
    :p

26. Franckie Shinigami Chop

Yes, Naruto learned rasengan thanks to sharingan. He also ripped off Sasuke's move in the chuunin exam with sharingan. You're right, my mistake. :)