1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Trance Kuja vs Xellos

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Giovanni Rild, Sep 30, 2006.

Who wins?

1. Trance Kuja

50.0%
  2. Xellos

50.0%
  1. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

vs

Fight takes place in slayerverse.

Fight to the death.

Tags:
  2. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Xellos wins. Trance Kuja wasn't that tough.

3. Gunshin Chocoball Mukai!!111

Didn't Trance Kuja destroy a planet DBZ style?

4. The Space Cowboy Unfair, Unjust, Human

5. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Spoiler:
    Afterward, Kuja engaged Zidane's group in battle and was eventually overcome. Yet this had been a part of his plan. The rage and hatred of almost being defeated transformed Kuja into a being of absolute power, Trance Kuja using the power of the souls he had collected on board the Invincible from the numerous attacks made by the mighty airship. As Kuja himself says the power of his trance came from one soul, Dagger's Mother.

Showing his newfound powers with a single spell (Ultima, to be exact), he succeeded in bringing Zidane's entire party to its knees. Gloating over the power at his disposal, he then cast Garland from the top of a cliff. Tragically though, this sense of fulfilment was blighted when the voice of Garland informed Kuja that because Zidane had always been intended to replace him, there was a deliberate time limit on Kuja's life. This revelation pushed Kuja into insanity. He could not accept his imminent destruction or the idea that he would die without ever leaving his mark on the world. In sorrow and rage, Kuja used his powers to coldly destroy Terra, and reduced it to a state of utter ruin. The sorcerer then concluded that if his life was to end, so too would all existence.

On returning to Gaia, Kuja started a chain reaction within the Iifa Tree that would lead to the complete assimilation of Gaia by Terra. He then used his power to create Memoria, which granted him passage to the Crystal World. The sorcerer did this because the source of the universe and all of life itself, the Original Crystal, lay there. Believing that the world had no right to continue existing without him, Kuja resolved to destroy the Crystal and return the universe to nothingness.

However, just before Kuja could execute his plans, Zidane and his allies stood against him. Even with all the power Kuja had acquired he still could not withstand Zidane and his team. On the verge of defeat, he unleashed a desperate attack to destroy the Original Crystal. The powerful Ultima attack apparently killed Zidane and the party.

The souls of Zidane and the others went directly to Necron, a mechanism of the Iifa Tree, created by Garland, who admistrates the cycle of souls, which had its own personality and held a desire to undo all of existence.

From Kuja's actions, it had judged that all life desired destruction and would thus grant such a wish. However, Zidane and his party defeated Necron, temporarily stopping the threat, and somehow causing the soul of Zidane and the others return to their bodies.

Trance Kuja=Xellos it seems:nod

6. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

^LOL.

Really though, Trance Kuja is not that tough. Xellos could kill Zidane's party with one finger. Xellos could kill Kuja with some effort.

7. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Kuja destroyed a whole world. Can Xellos do that?

8. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

^Kuja destroyed a dying, floaty world of robots. What you posted said he reduced it to ruin.

Kuja didn't destroy anyone dude. He couldn't even destroy Gaia, an actual planet. He needed to destroy the crystal for that.

Plus, Xellos attacks from the astral plane. Kuja would need some high level spiritual attacks to touch him. Or an instant Dragon Slave. Or to be able to attack from the astral plane.

9. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Got me on first point.

Got me on second point.

Kuja knew many spells one of which were Ultima

10. Ryuji Yamazaki SOS Brigade

Kuja wins, on the grounds that he's got Holy and is a planet nuker, wheras Xellos himself is nowhere near that level of power. Xellos can teleport, but then again, Kuja can just punch holes through dimensions.

Add in the fact that he still seems to retain control over the Invincible, and he stomps Xellos hardcore, then hopefully steals his pants because he needs em a lot more than Xel does.

11. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

If he doesn't get headbutted first.

12. Zaelapolopollo Master of the Fates of Arda

Amarant: Do you really think [Kuja] perished with Terra?

Now, examine that quote. If Kuja did nothing but strafe the world with magic, how would he perish along with it? I deduce, and I feel I?m definitely not going out on a limb here, that Amarant is saying Kuja did indeed blow up or cause some sort of cataclysm on Terra. How else would he ?perish? along with it? When I hear that line, I have an image of a planet exploding and Kuja caught up in it. Does that seem too farfetched or reaching? I don?t think so. I do pride myself on having an open-mind. I can admit to being wrong and can look at the same line and see multiple meanings. But I just don?t see how that quote could say anything other than what it?s saying.

But, this is a Kuja respect thread. His various fetes and what you liked about him should be discussed here. The ultimate verdict on what happened to Terra remains for an official source to clarify.

But, in the meantime, respect Kuja! He?s sexy, intelligent and powerful. What more could you want in a man? And yes, you can make all sorts of cracks about how not exactly ?manly? he is but I prefer men who are in touch with their feminine side. And it?s not like he?s a 50-year-old hairy guy in a Bathouse wearing a thong. He?s a guy with hips, the lips and the looks so I could care less what his taste in underwear is. I give Kuja the most respect for re-defining badass. Badass doesn?t have to be a buy in black leather or with ane eyepatch. You do see those guys coming. The dude with feathers in his hair and the supermodel hips who can nuke worlds? Don?t see that coming. Bravo to Kuja for everything wonderful he?s done for videogame villains.

Other fetes:
    Initiating the Iifa Tree?s assmilation of Gaia, causing worldwide panic as the roots of the Iifa Tree ripped themselves from deep within the earth and covered the planet in Mist.

Crossed dimensions back to Gaia then forged the pocket world/dimension of Memoria to link to the crystal.

Created an army of Silver Dragons as its guardians

Created the 4 Chaos Guardians and Deathguise to guard against intrusion.

Stands at 1 win, 1 draw with the party.