• NBDContest
    Come enter in the NBD Banner Contest !
    Deadline for entries is February 4 at 12:00 pm UTC.
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is January 24 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Trump Administration Launches 11th Hour Attack Against LGBTQ People, Women, Religious Minorities with Final HHS Regulation

makeoutparadise

I will have my revenge
This is the latest action since Trump and Pence took office that grants HHS recipients a license to discriminate against LGBTQ people, religious minorities, and women:

• In May 2017, the Trump-Pence White House put out an executive order mandating the Department of Justice to work agency by agency to regulatorily create broad exemptions allowing faith-based organizations to discriminate against those who do not agree with their personal beliefs.
  • In January 2019, Trump-Pence’s HHS granted a waiver from federal nondiscrimination requirements to South Carolina’s Foster Care Program, which has contracted with a child welfare provider who seeks permission to refuse to serve prospective parents who do not share their religious beliefs, but who want to continue to receive federal funding to provide those services. South Carolina requested the waiver to allow federal funds to go to a child welfare agency that refused to work with Jewish and Catholic people who were otherwise eligible to support children in need.
  • This continues a pattern of citing court decisions unrelated to nondiscrimination laws to justify stripping away protections for LGBTQ people and others.
In 2017, HRC , titled Disregarding the Best Interest of the Child: License to Discriminate In Child Welfare Services, detailing the harms of efforts to write anti-LGBTQ discrimination by child welfare agencies into law. Statistics suggest that an estimated two million LGBTQ adults in the U.S. are interested in adoption, but the LGBTQ community often remains an untapped resource when it comes to finding families for children and youth in foster care. The report debunks the myth that having more providers is the key to higher rates of placement in homes; the bottleneck is not the number of providers, but the number of prospective parents. Where providers have ceased to provide services rather than comply with nondiscrimination laws, placement rates did not decrease significantly as a result.

Further, research consistently shows that LGBTQ youth are overrepresented in the foster care system, as many have been rejected by their families of origin because of their LGBTQ status, and are especially vulnerable to discrimination and mistreatment while in foster care. This regulation would only exacerbate these challenges faced by LGBTQ young people.

egressmadara

Wanderin' About
You've hit rock bottom Trump, you can only move up from here now.

Only thing left to do is pardon Assange and Snowden. January 19th. 2021.

Cardboard Tube Knight

Trump had been good for gays though! That's why people say right before they give zero evidence.

You've hit rock bottom Trump, you can only move up from here now.

Only thing left to do is pardon Assange and Snowden. January 19th. 2021.
Those criminals should rot in fucking prison and you people should shut up about them because it's embarrassing you're stanning for people like them at this point

Those criminals should rot in fucking prison and you people should shut up about them because it's embarrassing you're stanning for people like them at this point

I must respectfully disagree with you, there; both Snowden and Assange are proponents of freedom of speech and exposed the extent of the government's tyrannical behavior, which I feel should be admirable.

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
Ah yes, just like in the Gospel of Luke. Where the Samaritan tells the Jew who got mugged to go fuck himself because he has conflicting religious beliefs.

Cardboard Tube Knight

I must respectfully disagree with you, there; both Snowden and Assange are proponents of freedom of speech and exposed the extent of the government's tyrannical behavior, which I feel should be admirable.
Assange seems oddly quiet about Donald Trump and Russia, doesn't that strike you as odd?

Fruits Basket Fan

It will take months to undo them since he has done this since at least 2017.

Trump is doing this to be a dick to the new administration by giving them a rough start.

Stroev

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
if you can't go out with a bang, at least go out with a middle finger to the gays

- somewhere in the bible
Just had a gay wedding last year at the park I worked with. Even had pamphlets with the Psalms in them.

Kind of a tangent, but the "I can't love a child if it's not *really* mine" thing always creeped me out.

I am not saying that I agree with it, but it is a biological factor; in social animals, such as lions or chimpanzees, some males will kill offspring that are not theirs, because they wish to propagate their own genetic material, and even early humans have done this, which is why humans evolved measures against that, although I shall wait until someone asks before I provide details about those defense mechanisms.

Dark Shadow

Angel Heart
In perfect world this is true but government have powers in the end. I think they did something none will dare to fight against sn establishment powerful as US govt.

In perfect world this is true but government have powers in the end. I think they did something none will dare to fight against sn establishment powerful as US govt.

That is a terrible attitude to have; people need to stand against tyranny and oppression and fight for freedom. The United States was founded by courageous freedom fighters who were fighting against a larger and more powerful oppressive government, so it would be a complete hypocrisy for current Americans to not do the same.

Dark Shadow

Angel Heart
That is a terrible attitude to have; people need to stand against tyranny and oppression and fight for freedom. The United States was founded by courageous freedom fighters who were fighting against a larger and more powerful oppressive government, so it would be a complete hypocrisy for current Americans to not do the same.
Even if US decides to apologise they have too much liability with assange 's connection to foreign governments and Snowden's protection from putin will hurt their chance.

Question is who in the administration are willing to do that ? The pardon will be seen as weak by NATO allies and Iran , russia will make snide comments on government being weak.

Question is who in the administration are willing to do that ? The pardon will be seen as weak by NATO allies and Iran , russia will make snide comments on government being weak.

Those will be merely words; why should the government of the United States care if other nations think that they are weak, especially nations with whom their relations are very tense and questionable? Also, that would be an opportunity for the United States to demonstrate that actions speak louder than do words.

Cardboard Tube Knight

The United States was founded by a gaggle of dudes who didn't want to pay taxes for a war fought for their benefit on their soil. The US was complacent in genocide and slavery and all manner of tyranny during their "escape from it" while fighting the Revolutionary War. You can't really celebrate them without acknowledging how weak their brand of freedom has been and how fucked the culture their attitudes created has caused the US to be.

Even if US decides to apologise they have too much liability with assange 's connection to foreign governments and Snowden's protection from putin will hurt their chance.

Honestly if Trump thought it would weaken NATO he probably would do it. He's been really big on that mysteriously, it's almost like his Russian handlers gave him specific things they wanted him to accomplish.

The United States was founded by a gaggle of dudes who didn't want to pay taxes for a war fought for their benefit on their soil. The US was complacent in genocide and slavery and all manner of tyranny during their "escape from it" while fighting the Revolutionary War. You can't really celebrate them without acknowledging how weak their brand of freedom has been and how fucked the culture their attitudes created has caused the US to be.

It is well-known that the taxes that the colonists were being forced to pay were unfairly high, and the citizens were not receiving proper representation in the government, so most people today feel that they were completely justified in rebelling agaisnt the British government.

Cardboard Tube Knight

It is well-known that the taxes that the colonists were being forced to pay were unfairly high, and the citizens were not receiving proper representation in the government, so most people today feel that they were completely justified in rebelling agaisnt the British government.
How did those people get over here? Who's protection did they enjoy? What country did they get to call themselves citizens of? Who funded a lot of the exploration, supplied the people, etc, who helped expel the other countries in the area from the land?

The whole stupid "taxation is theft" idea that people repeat to this day partially stems from that time period and honestly if they wanted to own thousands of people as slaves and not let anyone but land owners have rights I say tax them to death.

How did those people get over here? Who's protection did they enjoy? What country did they get to call themselves citizens of? Who funded a lot of the exploration, supplied the people, etc, who helped expel the other countries in the area from the land?

The whole stupid "taxation is theft" idea that people repeat to this day partially stems from that time period and honestly if they wanted to own thousands of people as slaves and not let anyone but land owners have rights I say tax them to death.

Are you an American? Think of what you are saying; are you saying that the colonists were not justified in rebelling? What would that mean for modern Americans? Are you saying that the United States should return to be part of the United Kingdom?

Cardboard Tube Knight

Are you an American? Think of what you are saying; are you saying that the colonists were not justified in rebelling? What would that mean for modern Americans? Are you saying that the United States should return to be part of the United Kingdom?
I am an American and I just have one thing to say: Canada.

Top Bottom