1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dragon Ball Drawing Contest pt2
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump calls on blacks to ‘honor’ Republicans with votes, then praises Confederate general Robert E.

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Death Certificate, Oct 13, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

1. Death Certificate Well-Known Member

Tags:
  2. Alwaysmind 总是心神

Switzerland, Canada, China
    I’ll write my feedback after breakfast as this touches history.

3. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

Well....as far as confederates go you can certainly get worse than Lee.

4. Roman Chariot

Remind me, did Trump approve when Kanye said black slavery is good?

5. Alwaysmind 总是心神

6. Son of Goku Doesn't need a Custom Title

From what I know about Lee, he was no proponent of slavery. And praising him for his military genius isn't anti-black either.

7. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

He might not have been a slavery ideologue but he did fight tooth and nail to keep slavery and his military performance was all about protecting a rebel state build on glorifying slavery.

8. IchLiebe Da Sage

No he fought for virginia. He fought for his state which at the time was what you were loyal to above all. GOD, State, then Country. He didn't care about the politics and knew the South was going to devastated, we knew we couldn't win.

Lots of people in Georgia especially Atlanta didn't agree with slavery, it was dying in time anyways due to Europeans enacting laws against it and American society automating(which automation was being restricted to the north only through tax money being spent mostly in the north). But that didn't stop Sherman from blazing(scorch earth tactics) a path to Atlanta and further.

9. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

And Virginia fought to keep the slaves meaning that in the end Lee's efforts were all directed to that end goal. If he served Virginia then Lee served the goals pursued by the state which was the preservation of slavery. His personal feelings on slavery don't entirely matter because whether he opposed slaver or supported it he played a large role in trying to preserve it.

10. Takano-san Well-Known Member

Switzerland, Spain, Germany, France, England, Japan, Australia, Mexico, Iceland, Canada, United States, Puerto Rico
    I think people need to put his sentiments into an appropriate context.

11. Superstars Well-Known Member

Kanye visits Trump at the white house regardless of athletes kneeling or not visiting capital hill or what any black voice says...
    Brett Kav is sworn in after all the illogical bias hate from the democrat world..
    The release of pastor Bronsun from unjust imprisonment...

Everything is backfiring, dems gave Trump the gun for the victory shot. Trump is winning.:kobeha

12. WastelandSociety Well-Known Member

I’m guessing people are getting upset over this, even though Trump wasn’t praising Lee for slavery and it was a build-up to praise Grant for delivering a victory for the Union.

Don’t forget about the 300 black conservatives who are going to the White House,towards the end of October. One of them I follow on YouTube and Twitter, Anthony Brian Logan (ABL) is going.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Superstars Well-Known Member

Trump's black battle power is rising.:kobeha

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 8:21 PM
  14. Son of Goku Doesn't need a Custom Title

He called slavery a "moral and political evil". How's that for not talking against it?

15. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    And yet instead of saying "Sorry Lincoln I can't side with the US as I am now a citizen of Virginia, but note I will not take up arms in defense of such a heinous atrocity that is slavery." he went and basically became the lead general of Virginia. A state like EVERY SINGLE ONE that ceded to form the confederacy stated in their declaration of Independence that Slavery is THE main term. Going so far as to ban any kind of talk of ending it in the confederate constitution.

If he had issues with Slavery he would have at least decided to resign from the state militia as well and not fight.

16. Son of Goku Doesn't need a Custom Title

Or he did have issues with it (as he stated), but he felt more compelled to stand with his home state during a devastating war. It's not 'either/or'.

Also:

"Lee chose to follow his home state, despite his desire for the country to remain intact and an offer of a senior Union command."

"Lee rejected the proposal of a sustained insurgency against the Union and called for reconciliation between the two sides."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Sad! x 1
    • List
  17. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    He had free choice, he could have stayed home and had a war that would have last even shorter time and have less casualties. If he gave a fuck about his words he wouldn't have signed up to fight. It's quite simple SoG even your prejudiced as fuck brain can comprehend.

18. Son of Goku Doesn't need a Custom Title

And he made his choice because he cared more about standing with his home state and his people, than fighting for the Union and against slavery.

I don't know how acknowledging that something isn't black and white, as most things aren't, makes me "prejudice". But you haven't made much sense in a long time, so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. Takano-san Well-Known Member

Switzerland, Spain, Germany, France, England, Japan, Australia, Mexico, Iceland, Canada, United States, Puerto Rico
    That's a load of bullshit for a slave owner, and you know it.

20. Son of Goku Doesn't need a Custom Title

It's complicated, (i.e. not black and white):

Lee's views on race and slavery

Several historians have noted the paradoxical nature of Lee's beliefs and actions concerning race and slavery. While Lee protested he had sympathetic feelings for blacks, they were subordinate to his own racial identity. While Lee held slavery to be an evil institution, he also saw some benefit to blacks held in slavery. While Lee helped assist individual slaves to freedom in Liberia, and provided for their emancipation in his own will, he believed the enslaved should be eventually freed in a general way only at some unspecified future date as a part of God's purpose. Slavery for Lee was a moral and religious issue, and not one that would yield to political solutions. Emancipation would sooner come from Christian impulse among slave masters before "storms and tempests of fiery controversy" such as was occurring in "Bleeding Kansas". Countering southerners who argued for slavery as a positive good, Lee in his well known analysis of slavery from an 1856 letter called it a moral and political evil. While both Robert and his wife Mary Lee were disgusted with slavery, they also defended it against Abolitionist demands for immediate emancipation for all enslaved.

[...]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Sad! x 1
    • List
  21. Chelydra Devour them all.

Well that's one way to lose voters, act like your party is owed your vote. :facepalm

22. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Didn't Lee also order the taking of Free Blacks so they could become slaves once again?

23. Alwaysmind 总是心神

24. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

Obviously the media's not catching trump in gaffes anymore. He's saying these things intentionally because the way the media overreacts seems to be helping him and incensing his base. Trump is playing them like a fiddle and that should embarrass them. All he has to do is compliment a confederate and off the media goes to the races. They jump as high as he says, when he says. Predictable and therefore controllable.

The only 'unless' is if trump's overestimating himself and his win last election was a perfect storm of clinton and apathy, and he's not actually riling up a red wave because his base isn't as big as he thinks and he's about to get a rude awakening.

Both dems and repubs are playing chicken with each other now, both parties putting the pedal to the metal, no more civility, all fuck you - and one of them is overestimating themselves. Primaries are going to be juicy and/or terrible.

25. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Sucking their cock harder than the Democrrats is impossible.

His gangsta attitude did not result in a catastrophy. Some black dudes kinda respect that.

26. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

You don't just sit back and let your friends and family get potentially murdered in a war if you have the courage to actually go into war yourself, I'd reckon.

I think you are heavily applying hindsight bias onto the situation here. I very much doubt there was a way to tell at the time that not doing anything wouldn't result in a worse outcome.

Of course for the inevitable neg from Normality and Vasto whatshisface, I'm not defending slavery, but I am saying that if the man felt as strongly about defending his home state, then hindsight bias of the "he should just have refused to fight" is a really dumb thing to expect.

27. Death Certificate Well-Known Member

Lol you mean this dude going to the white house

Anthony isn't even going to talk, he just going verbally kiss Trump's ass if he got close.

28. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

29. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

I watched the video that MSM was talking about and surprise, surprise, Fake news again. :wow
    Yet again complete dishonesty from the media again, and you guys just eat it up with out checking...again

He was narrating a story involving Robert E Lee where he was complimenting General Grant.

If you're actually a serious mod @mr_shadow , you would lock this fake news thread.