1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Trump says solution to family separation crisis is for immigrants not to come into US illegally

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Chelydra, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Alita54 Alita>You

2. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

3. Alita54 Alita>You

Escaping being murdered is a valid excuse to flee your own country and come here and they are coming through legal means but Trump is still punishing them anyway.

YOU think illegals should be shot at the border which goes to show how seriously anyone should take your opinion on this topic.

4. Alita54 Alita>You

5. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

6. Zenith L'osservatore

Spicy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Worst part is I gave Alita all likes this page :smartgoku

8. Zenith L'osservatore

I just gave you a neutral rating. Just like my gender.

9. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

10. Chelydra Devour them all.

11. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

12. Alita54 Alita>You

13. Alita54 Alita>You

14. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

15. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Break it up guys.

16. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

17. Yin Yin Within Yin God, #Boosette / SC Meme-Let The Creativity Flow

Germany, Japan, Mexico
    It's not a real fight unless ya put on your boxing gloves eehee.
    :fangirl

18. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Yes they are, full stop, end of discussion.

See. I can hand-wave, too.

A. You can be a victim AND a criminal
    B. Since when does being a criminal mean you deserve nothing. Convicted child molesters get 3 meals a day.

Fixed

Also, no.

21. Amol Chief of Wisdom

Why you guys still bother with this psychopathic piece of shit?
    He has no regard for human life and gets off on human misery.
    You can't debate with this edgelord because he has no capacity for compassion. Put him on fucking SI. For some weird reasons our dear mods protect him. So just let him fade away into nothingness by ignoring his psychotic ass.

22. EJ iHaVeApLaN

im sure most people are for an easier path towards citizenship, and have empathy for people trying to escape poverty, crime, and so forth to better not just their lives, but those of their children. something that was pointed to you on a consistent basis mr. "WE GOTTA KILL ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS"

funny you 'change your stance' once you get shitted on for a consistent basis.

23. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

24. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

I don't get the mentality of "life in your country sucks therefore you have a right to break the law and illegally go live in the US if you're not given citizenship basically on your word alone".

What is your guys standard for what constitutes sufficient grounds to gain access to the US and what is the extent of the proof you would demand to validate these statements ? Because if bad shit happens to other people in said country, that doesn't in and of itself substantiate someone's claims they had it so bad they had to leave their country. Not unless you claim these countries are horrid post apocalyptic Mad Max hellscapes.

And Normality, Alita, before you jump on that neg button to punish me for my evil racist ways, how about you answer these questions instead of being vague or completely silent ? Because if you're not addressing these basic concerns, and just hammering those dislike ratings, you are basically admitting you've lost the debate by refusing to engage in it at all.

25. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

That right there is the problem with your argument. Your argument is a complete exaggeration that sets up an "impossible standard" for anyone to come to the US seeking asylum, when the threat of death and persecution is what drives people to flee their own countries in the first place.

No amount of defending a wannabe dictator is going to change that, nor will any amount of demonizing of anyone on the left-wing, nor will any flimsy exaggerations or fallacious comparisons. Because the fact is that Trump openly stated he wanted to ignore due process and ignore US law to throw people back over the border, and ignoring laws and due process and skipping straight to a punishment happens to be one of the attributes of a dictatorship.

An inflamed a**hole is probably more accurate, if you're referring to Trump.

26. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

How is demanding any evidence to back up your claim somehow problematic ? Would you accept a completely unevidenced statement as fact in any other context ?

So courts should just accept statements as fact because demanding them to be proven is setting an impossible standard ?

Or are you saying immigrants and especially illegal immigrants should get automatican unqestioning and unquestionable trust on any claims they make, while saying the native population should be denied this privilege ?

27. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

That is what due process happens to be about. An immigrant asks for asylum. They go through due process to determine whether or not their pleas make them eligible to stay in the United States. At the end of that process, then whether they stay or go is decided, and not before.

Nice try, but this is exactly what I was talking about. I called you out on making the "Not unless you claim these countries are horrid post apocalyptic Mad Max hellscapes" comment, yet here you are trying to twist it around to mean something else entirely.

Cut it with the nihilistic exaggerations. You don't even have an argument at this point outside of getting increasingly emotional and irrational with responses that have nothing to do with what you're even responding to.

The one thing that people are asking is that due process and laws of immigration be respected and followed, while criticizing those who want to throw all of that aside because pre-existing laws are "no longer convenient" for their ideological agendas.

28. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

Yes of course I mean they should substantiate their claims during their asylum proceedings. What are you on about ?

Of course if they chose to try and sneak in illegally and never file a claim if they can help it, that's another thing.

My point was that a lot of people seem to think that people should just be granted citizenship on the basis of bad things happening in their country in general, without needing to prove they themselves have had anything happen to them and simply believing their statements without question. And I contrasted this with comparing how this would work when applied in court.

I am literally demanding both of these things, please tell me where I indicated proof should be provided before proper court proceedings ?

29. Roman Emperor

No one's making that argument. Seriously, you guys need to stop projecting so hard to make a case for yourselves. The fact that they have a bad life doesn't mean they can break the law whenever they want to, but the problem people are trying to address which for some reason doesn't get through your heads is that there are people who have every correct reason to be granted asylum but are still turned down. OTOH, there are people like you who claim that illegals should be punished immediately, without due process, and sent back, even if they are verified to be qualified for asylum.

30. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

The media has had a bit of a different tone whenever addressing this issue, just blanketly making these statements as fact.

Can you source the part about turning down people who should have been accepted ?