1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tsubasa Chronicles

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Rori, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Rori

So me and Yachiru don't keep taking up the Fruits Basket thread to talk about this. XD

So, if anyone reads the manga, post away ~

For those who don't, info:

Link removed

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Sawako

Alright, just a warning for people, this thread will have spoilers for the manga because I might be lazy and not use spoiler tags sometimes. If you want to talk about the anime, there's a seperate thread for that.

Oh, you actually did it. XD I didn't think you would!

But yay for a Tsubasa Chronicle thread!

Fai > All

Spoiler:
    So what do you think about Fai being a vampire?

3. Rori

ha, I was bored, and there wasn't another manga tsubasa thread. XD

Fai -
    Spoiler:
    Well, it's to save his life, then it's cool. I didn't want him to die. Seeing as he almost did because Syaoran took his eye. >=[ Even though, Fai did try to give it to him, didn't he? Along with his (Syaorans) heart.

Well, if they find Syaoran and take his eye back, then he'll be fine, but untill then, he has to stick with Kuro-puu. XD And he doesn't seem happy with that, seeing as in chap 130 he actually called him 'Kurogane'

Poor, kuro-puu though, he looked so shocked when he called him by his name.

4. Sawako

Really? Fai didn't give Kurorin an awesome nickname? I didn't realize that 130 was out yet. Thanks for telling me. ^^

I'm so mad at clone!Syaoran for just taking Fai's eye like that and then leaving!! If he hadn't done that, none of this would've happened! You'd think after all these years he would've grown his own heart, but noooo!

5. Rori

Yeah, 130 was early this week. Translations are somewhere around.

Spoiler:
    Yup. Especially with Sakura around him. And when real!Syaoran told him that Sakura was important to him because of him (c!Syaoran) and not real Syaorans' heart.

And I was actually surprised after hearing that c!Syaoran was actually the clone. Well, I knew from the start it had to be one or the other. But still, Syaoran just taking off and leaving Sakura behind without a care in the world was really a bummer.

Now I must go to bed, almost 2 am. Will post more later. =]

6. Sawako

Oh, I just got the chapter from my usual sources, but thanks for posting a link anyway. ^^

Spoiler:
    I know, I can't believe he could act so mean with Sakura around. You'd think something about Sakura would trigger him and have him stop. He has to have a heart in there somewhere. His love wasn't just with r!Syaoran's heart, right?

And same with me. I'm actually surprised that the Syaoran we got to know and love ended up being the clone. I seriously thought that it would be the other one, and that the guy who's name I can't remember (was it Fei Wong Clow?) was storing him until Sakura had all her feathers back and he would kidnap her with the clone, but I ended up being way wrong.

Even though I'm mad at clone!Syaoran, I totally forgive real!Syaoran. Especially after this latest xxxHOLiC chapter. Do you read that manga too or no?

Ok, good night. ^^

7. Rori

Something like that. Afterall r!Syaoran told him he hoped his own heart would be born in him. That's why, I still think/hope he has his own heart because Sakura and all his memories with her couldn't have been for nothing.

Real Syaoran though; I totally loved Mokona in that chapter, and that he can understand people so well. Poor real Syaoran, he looked so lonely, too. But hopefully he stays. :3

As for xxxHolic, I've just started to watch the anime, I would have started with the manga, but I have no sources as to where I can download it.

Ok, now I really am going to bed. XD G'night.

8. proleptical

Finally! Since the anime was butchered the story so far, we need to ignore all together and focus on the manga. I'm in the middle of writing a paper so my first message will be short and to the point:

Spoiler:
    Kurogane/Fay is so canon! smile-big

I'll be back later. I promise! :p

Btw, Yuuki, you can download the xxxHOLiC manga here! They are missing some chapters, but they have almost all of the released chapters.

9. Sawako

Proleptical, why is that under spoiler tags? KuroganexFai is canon, and the whole world should know!

Spoiler:
    Yeah, I'm sure CLAMP will give the clone his own heart. Or else they'll kill him. You never know. We'll see.

Yeah, I loved the scene with Mokona and r!Syaoran. <3 It really made me feel so bad for him, so I decided to forgive him. But I also decided to forgive him, because in xxxHOLiC, something happened to Watanuki and it turns out that real!Syaoran paid a price in advance to Yuuko to pay in case something happened to Watanuki, so that payment was just used. Syaoran is so nice. <3

10. Rori

Yup. The latest episodes are totally ruined. But it did look like they were about to go ahead of the manga. And thank you so much for the link. =]

Spoiler:
    I'm going to have to start reading xxxHolic now, I had no idea that all that stuff was happening in their.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with c!Syaoran, seeing as he hasn't been in the manga for the last 4 chapters, or something. While Sakuras out their playing Lara croft and getting all bloodied up. ;_____;

11. chibi15

Yay!! Finally a thread to talk about my other favourite manga!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Man I hated c!Syaoran!!! He just left like that without any care about everyone else!!! I want to see what happens to him when he meets the villian (name escapes me atm). As for r!Syaoran, I want to see if he will stay around and travel with the rest of the gang to various worlds to collect the feathers. And Fye!! I mean how powerful is he????

Man and Fye/Kurogane is soooo cannon now!!!

12. Rori

Something like Fei wong. I don't see him meeting him anytime soon. The idiot just sits their, eating popcorn and watching eveyone else as they get the feathers. But if he thinks c!Syaoran is going to easily take Sakura and bring him to Fei wong, I think Fai/Kurorin/r!Syaoran will have something to say about it.

Especially since Kurogane is after him, now he knows he's his mothers murderer.

But, I really want to see what happens between Fai & Kurogane now. When Fai said; 'That's why I can't forgive him for letting me live. If I do forgive him, I'll be even more closer to him.'

I still see Fai forgiving him in the long run. But I want to know how these two will get along in the next chapters.

13. chibi15

So shounen ai!!!!! Not that I mind of course!!! XD

Spoiler:
    One thing I do know about the villian is that he is a relative of Clow Reed. But the girl (whose name I forgot as well), why did she get killed? Is it b/c she released the r!Syaoran??

14. Rori

XD I'm not a huge fan of shounen-ai, but I'll make an exception with these two.

Spoiler:
    I think so. I dont know if I'm wrong. But when Fei Wong killed her, he said something like; 'Perhaps you can't hear me anymore'

Probaly meaning she went against his will, and sent r!Syaoran to Yuuko. But I don't know. If someone can clear that up for me? XD

15. proleptical

Spoiler:
    Oh, Chapitre 130, otherwise known as the chapter which both made my Kurogane/Fay fangirl heart burst with happiness (re: canon confirmation, as if the previous chapters weren't enough but believe it or not there's still plenty of folks that continue to believe in their minds that Fay loves Chii and Kurogane loves Tomoyo, oh denial..) and made me want to slap Fay. Kurogane's reaction when Fay called him by his name, with that cold tone, completely broke my heart. At that moment Kurogane looked.. so un-Kuroganeish, unsure, sad, and wah, it's like kicking a puppy, seriously.

The chat between Yuuko and Fay broke my heart and made me want Fay's backstory LIKE NOW! Fay telling Yuuko that he will never forgive Kurogane for what he did and how he was "getting too close.." and "crossing the line..", uh, yeah, made me my fangirl heart squee yet it broke a bit as well. RIP silly nicknames!

Also, the mention of Ashura-ou (backstory now, plz!) and how Fay didn't want what happened to then to happen once more asjfapfdsfss;f BACKSTORY, por favor. Fay mentioned how Ashura-ou took him out and I want to know what that means! I'm guessing that he took him out of a dangerous situation or something but I'm always wrong with my CLAMP theories. Anyhow, if the splash for Chapitre 117 wasn't enough, this chapter convinced me that Fay and Ashura-ou had a 'thing' and obviously, didn't work because Fay is now terrified of getting close to anyone. I really want to see what type of person Ashura-ou is and why is Fay so terrified of him. He wasn't bad at all in RG Veda, so yeah..

omg;dkgdgd;f sorry, I'll talk now about Syaoran and Cloney! My theory is that the real one will sacrifice himself so the clone can get his heart and memories back and get together with Sakura. Sounds kinda cliche but, as usual, is probably wrong. All of my CLAMP theories are always wrong. Anyhow, I just feel sorry for the real one, especially after his chat with Mokona, poor thing. I have to say that previous to the whole c!Syao/r!Syao deal Syaoran bored me a little bit (as you can see, I'm a total Kurogane/Fay fangirl.. I fangirl them together and individually) but now that this whole ordeal started, I'm extremely intrigued. Of course, Syaoran looks extremely hot when he's evil, so that surely help.. :p

AND SAKURA i'm so proud! Finally she's doing something. I was getting tired of seeing her always sleeping and being all around a Mary Sue. Chapter 130 made me cringe, yet so proud, her bloody knees and fingers! She's trying extremely hard to prove herself and help her companions who've done infinite things for her! I will admit that before this chapter I wasn't terribly fond of her (I longer for the CCS self) however, she's gained back my respect. You go girl!

Lastly, the X orgy! ZOMG, I really hope Subaru and Seishiro gets a happy ending in Tsubasa! They really deserve it. Same with Fuuma and Kamui.

btw, they had some changes in volume 16! They minorly altered some dialogue, nothing drastic, and added a full body shot of Fay casting his magic! Being the Fay fangirl that I am, it made me so happy. Look at it:

It makes Fay look so powerful, I think.

They also added a brief scene between Kurogane and Kakyou before Sakura disappears from his arms. You can see the changes

That's it. For now! :p

16. Sawako

I'm not a huge shounen-ai fan either. I make an exception for KuroxFai. And WatanukixDoumeki from xxxHOLiC. And TouyaxYukito from CCS, since that's actually canon. And DaisukexSatoshi from DNAngel. :laugh
    Spoiler:
    First of all, proleptical (may I call you Cal since I don't want to type proleptical out every time :laugh) thanks for posting that page of Fai casting magic!! So awesome!

I hope Fai forgives Kurogane someday. Soon. I miss the nicknames! Plus I want Fai and Kuro-tan to get really really close and fall in love!!

My theories about the two Syaorans is that they'll somehow end up merging back as one and Sakura will fall in love with merged!Syaoran. That way r!SyaoxSaku and c!SyaoxSaku shippers all win.

I think these recent chapters have been leading up to a Fai backstory. I sure hope so. We found out basically everyone's past but Fai's. We need his!

17. proleptical

I don't either love or hate shonen-ai. I don't specifically ship shonen-ai or het couples; in fact, all of my favorite couples are a mixtures of shonen-ai, het, and shoujo-ai! Btw, I also love DoumekixWatanuki and TouyaxYukito! :p

Spoiler:
    Sure, you can call me Cal and you welcome! Fay casting magic = teh sex! :p

I'm confident that Fay will forgive Kurogane eventually because Kurogane will make him see that he's not like Ashura and that he would never do whatever Ashura-ou did. But at the same time I am an angst ho, so I will enjoy the angst that will ensue after the last chapter!

To fall in love? They already are! Fay practically confessed that he loves Kurogane in chapitre 130 and judging by Kurogane's reaction to the cold attitude Fay showed towards him and his desire to save him and protect him, I'm fairly sure Kurogane loves him, too (though I wouldn't be surprised if Kurogane were confused by the feelings, he strikes me as that type). If anything, see the lack of nicknames as being sacrificed for a better good! More Kurogane/Fay development! smile-big

I like you theory! Mainly because I don't wanna see either Syaoran suffer. But I don't know, we're talking about CLAMP, and they are rather unpredictable. :amuse

Man, I can't way for Fay's backstory and for Sakura to finish her mission! I want to move onto the next world already. I love the X world (hello will be forever known as the world in which Kurogane/Fay became canon!) and the X characters like everyone else, but this is Tsubasa not X! So, let's move on and get Fay's backstory, please!

btw, the thing Sakura has to get, well..
    (SPOILER for xxxHOLiC chapter 120 below!)

xxxHOLiC time frame is ahead from the Tsubasa one! The eggs Sakura had to get was given to Watanuki by Yuuko as a thank you for collecting all the water that was sent to the X world! The eggs hatched into an adorable bird! Really, really adorable that will somehow allow Himawari to be around Watanuki without causing him any harm or bad luck. So, yeah. IT'S ADORABLE!

Btw, your avatar rocks. I'm so gay for Yuuko, seriously. She's like my favorite female character ever!

18. Sawako

Spoiler: with xxxHOLiC 120 spoilers too, because crossovers rock
    Yeah, I just finished reading a translation for xxxHOLiC! Good thing I didn't have to wait long to know what that egg was for!

And let me rephrase what I meant by fall in love: I meant that I hope that Kurogane and Fai realize their feelings soon and confess. I believe someone can be in love and not realize it. I mean, it took Sakura until the end of the SERIES in CCS to realize she loved Syaoran.

And like you, Cal, I seriously cannot wait for a Fai flashback. I want to know what that evil Ashura did to my Fai! :cry I also cannot wait for Sakura's mission to finish, although I hope she does more stuff like this. It reminds me so much of the old CCS Sakura. I miss that Sakura. <3

And I'm glad you like my avi. ^^ traci_13 made it for me! And yes, Yuuko rocks. She's my favorite xxxHOLiC character.

19. proleptical

xxxHOLiC spoilers:

So, how did you feel about Himawari? Really, at first I didn't care for her but I grew to love her because of the latest chapters. I completely felt sorry for her and while I don't ship her with Watanuki, I'm glad Watanuki's Watanuki and will continue to be friends with her. Poor thing, really. Plus, I don't really see her a a threat for Doumeki/Watanuki at all, it's quite obvious she even ships them herself! Together with Yuuko!

Oh, true, true! Especially know that Fay is being angsty. Oh, angsty Fay! I really am dying to know what Kurogane will do now, to make him open up to him and everything. I still can't get over his sad expression. I kinda wanted to slap Fay for hurting Big Puppy like that!

I really want to see what's the deal with Ashura-ou! Like I said, he wasn't evil at all in RG Veda. So, yeah..

Yuuko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the world! :p

20. Rori

I want to know the Fye/Ashura story, too. We'll probaly find out soon. I'm guessing anyway.

I so agree with this. Along the way she's sometimes managed to do stuff, but most of the time she's been asleep and what not. But this time, she's actually doing the most work, and it's the time that Syaoran left. I thought that'd shake her abit. - It probaly has - But it's not showing at all.

and, I absolutely love those changes. I thought Fye looked so ... WOW in those chapters, and they give us a full-body shot. XD

21. kakoishii

what the latest chapter for tsubas chronicles as of now? The last chapter I read was 125

22. Rori

Chapter 130 is the latest up on the net. 131 should be out oct 4th. =]

23. kakoishii

oh that's good I'm only 5 chapters behind, before I was over 50 chapters behind ^^;; luckily was able to catch up.

24. proleptical

So, Yuuki, have you started reading xxxHOLiC?

25. Sawako

Oh, I can't wait until the next chapter comes out.
    Spoiler:
    Hopefully more Sakura-in-action!! And more KuroxFai. Hopefully.

26. Rori

Yup. Slowly advancing chapter by chapter. XD

Spoiler:
    I think Sakura's found what she's looking for. I dunno, it certainly looked like it when she got to the top of the mountain. But then again, I had some pretty crap scans.

edit- ok, she has found it. The first scans I had, had a page missing. :/

Spoiler: Totally random, but...

Link removed

The last panel, with Kurogane and Mokona in the background. It cracks me up everytime I see that.

:lmao :lmao

It's like he had no idea he was there.

yeah, random. XD

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  27. Rori

Chapter 131

Spoiler:
    edit - Seems like r!Syaoran is about to go out there and look for Sakura. Which might be a good idea, because she really is getting beaten up badly.

She's had her fingernails torn off, a rod stuck through her leg, thrown head first into a cliff. :shakefist And she still keeps going. I don't think anyone's going to like the looks of her when she returns.

And all we saw of Fye was his head. :yell

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  28. proleptical

Spoiler:
    I love how at the beginning of the series Kurogane was the one that didn't want to help Syaoran and get involved and even discouraged them often and NOW he's the one practically taking care of everyone. He's such a daddy!

29. Rori

Spoiler:
    Well who else is there? c!Syaoran has dissapeard, Fye's still healing I guess, r!Syaorans just got there. XD And Sakura's out getting herself beaten up. I guess that just leaves Kurorin and Mokona. XD

Anyway, there's a chap next week, and then a break the week after. Watch them leave us with a cliffhanger. ;______;

30. Sawako

Well, that's what CLAMP does. XD When there's a break, leave a cliffhanger to make fans die!

Spoiler: 131
    I just read this chapter. Oh man, Sakura owns! Hopefully we'll see her fight more with a gun or something in future worlds! OR OR she'll find the Sakura cards in another world and use them to fight!

And I also love how Kurogane is taking over. He's really grown as a character and is now protecting the one he loves (aka Fai) and the others that he cares about! Or I bet he's doing this just so he can get his revenge on Fei Wong Reed for what he did to Kurorin's parents, then he'll stop caring.