1. opcontest
    Vote in the One Piece Fanart Contest!
    The Voting ends on Jul 10, 2020 at 6:13 PM.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alley Banner Contest
    Join the Alley's Thread Festival!
    Make a thread a day from the 1st to the 10th of July.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Tsumihoroboshi-hen discussion (S1, Ep. 22 to 26)

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of November 07' started by MarthX7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. MarthX7

Share your experience about this sixth arc of Higurashi in this thread.

No spoiler about future episodes.

Tags:
  2. MarthX7

This was an enjoyable arc. Rena is one of my favorite characters so I love learning more about her. The Heaven and Hell fight scene was disappointing because of the bad animation. That was supposed to be a big, important scene and DEEN trashed it by giving it such poor animation. If there was one arc I could see remade with Kai's budget and pace, it would be this one. A lot of important stuff was skipped to make room and the Heaven and Hell fight scene needed a higher budget.

3. Monna

Another one of my favorite arcs. I found the friendship theme very touching.

I'm used to watching Naruto so the animation in the rooftop fight didn't bother me much.

4. MarthX7

I don't recall any Naruto fight having that bad of animation.

Maybe a Shippuuden one but I stopped watching that long ago.

5. Monna

Its mainly the fillers and Shippuuden episodes that have crappy animation.

Anyway, I really liked the rooftop fight. Especialy the dialog. It made up for the animation in my opinion.

6. dspr8_rugged

Well, I honestly did think that the rooftop duel was a mess to look at.

I think it was overshadowed by Keiichi who really showed how GAR he is. He really took care of the hostage situation like a man he truly is, and he was able to suppress Rena's rage, something that not a lot of people in their right wits will do when someone with a cleaver wants to hack you dead. K1's the man. :gar

I felt bad when I realized that everything didn't end in this arc, even with the epilogue suggesting about the "reset" phenomenon. Because of that, I ended up reading stuff in AS and in some other sites that I regret doing it so much when news about Kai was announced.

7. G@R-chan

I didn't realize it was the answer arc for Onikakushi-hen until I read wikipedia.:awesome
    The talk about friendship was a very touching moment, and I didn't mind the bad animation for the final fight. But I'd be glad if they did a remake for this, since Rena should always be drawn with High quality animation. :nod

8. MarthX7

It's an answer arc because it tells you that Keiichi was hallucinating in Onikakushi and Mion and Rena weren't trying to kill them. You can also see that Rena is suffering from whatever Keiichi was; paranoid about everyone and scratching at her throat.

9. G@R-chan

This is what I didn't get it after finishing season 1, I was browsing through Animesuki when I discovered this info. Do we know what was real and what wasn't. The syringe was real or not? or the other stuff that happened?:confused

10. MarthX7

The anime showed the syringe change to a marker so that was not real. Mion wasn't going to inject him, she was going to write on him again. The anime cut out a fairly important scene in Onikakushi. Tomitake participated in the club activities during Watanagashi. He lost and as punishment they wrote on his shirt.

The ohagi wasn't explained well in the anime. The best explanation we got was in Minagoroshi, how Keiichi was positive Mion wouldn't put a needle in his food. The ohagi didn't have a needle, it had Tabasco sauce. The sting of the spiciness made him think something sharp was in it and seeing the red sauce made him think it was blood. When Keiichi was young he read a manga about a boy swallowing a needle. Keiichi was too scared to eat anything for a while, in fear of a needle being in it.

Anytime you see the cat eyes in Onikakushi, it's all in Keiichi's mind. If you ignore the creepy tone and creepy eyes and just listen to what they say, nothing they say is scary or threatening.

11. G@R-chan

OMG thx for sharing your knowledge Marth. :omg
    It makes Onikakushi-hen a really sad arc then. :(

12. QBnoYouko

Funny how the quality decreased with each episode, but I did enjoy it in the beginning. It was going smooth and it answered a lot of questions I had from Onikakushi-hen.

13. Amatsu

Keiichi vs Rena was definitely the most notable part of the arc, but also it's nice to see that Keiichi became the key in unlocking the worlds for everyone else. Though it sucked that he had to remember what he did to Rena and Mion in Onikakushi-hen.

14. dspr8_rugged

Actually, Keiichi recalling Onikakushi-hen in this arc resulted in one of the cutest scenes in the series. I honestly loved the part when he hugged Mion, asking for forgiveness for "killing" her. Mion's reaction was so cute beyond words. :iria

15. Agmaster

So everytime we hear USO DA its just her saying it in a normal tone?