1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Tsunade Versus Sasori (270-ish)

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Blue, Jul 28, 2005.

Who wins?

1. Astonishingly artful Akatsuki!

56 vote(s)
    33.1%
  2. Gloriously gifted genius Godaime!

95 vote(s)
    56.2%
  3. Annoying asinine alliteration!

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Draw.

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Taking into account the recent progress of Sakura and Chiyo's battle against him, would Sakura's shishou speedily slaughter Sasori?

Or would the Akatsuki's crafty puppeteer hurriedly hookwink the Hokage?

Tags:
  2. Styles Infamous

I beilive Sasori will win because of the fact that he made the strongest Kazekage in Sand's history a huma puppet. Tsunade other then taking on the title as one of the Legendary Sannin has not done anything as impressive as that.

3. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    hmm...Tsunade herself is not that impressive, rather slow and clumsy, I think that due to her sheer (ahem) "size" that she wouldn't have evaded Sasori's "new sand order" jutsu...if she doesn't have those antidotes with her then she might be D-E-D. on the other hand she may have SLUG backup making for a more interesting bout.

either way she will DEFINETLY have to make use of her Genesis rebirth technique...and if Sasori is still in fighting mode AFTER THAT, then she's fucked...her only real chance of winning is if she can get her hands on Sasori, in which case i bet he's turned himself into a puppet of some sort to counteract the close range defficiency of puppeteers...damn, i really can't see how Tsunade can win.

4. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

What actually happens is Tsunade smashes Hiruko...easily. If Sasori actually manages to escape from that alive, Tsunade breaks him in half.

Sakura and Chiyo are winning against Sasori. Tsunade is Sakura x 10 and Chiyo x 5, all wrapped up in one convienent can of destruction.

As someone said in another thread, there isn't a stopwatch fast enough to show how fast this battle is over with.

5. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

I think that Sasori would still escape from Hiruko, since Tsunade's punch isn't going to destroy it any more thoroughly than Sakura's. However, Tsunade won't have to go through the warmup rounds of learning Sasori's patterns that Sakura did, so she will lay the smackdown on Sasori much faster than her apprentice. Not instantaneously; I don't think any character in Naruto can beat Sasori in one move, but Tsunade will do it pretty fast.

6. Hef Night Work

Did you read 270?

She would bet quite good at dodging things, don't you think?

7. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    that person in that other thread is a total moron...

i WILL say this however: in an open field with Katsuya out she has a good shot of winning (unless she stalls for some ridiculous reason).

in a cave or otherwise confined setting Sasori's only problem will be what type of trap he wants to place in the 5th hokage's chest area after he makes a puppet out of her.

8. Hef Night Work

Gongrats, you just called Gooba a moron. :D

Tsunade would win anyways.

9. Code Zoamelgustar

Well not taking the summons into account... (we don't know the ability of Katsuya and such).

Sasori might have a chance. I don't think the power gap is that big as I'll put them around the same footing. We know that Sakura is skilled enough to dodge Tsunade's punches(that was the whole point of a training and Tsunade said that's the most important part so I'm thinking she succeeded), yet Sakura wasn't able to dodge Sasori's attacks without help. That was only after she was moved around in a way where it could help her memorize the movements and she still got poisined at the last time. So if Tsunade doesn't have an antitode then she will have trouble with Sasori's varoius poisons. We've seen before where jiraiya was poisoned, that he had trouble modling chakra. Medical jutsus require precision so would Tsunade be able to heal herself after being poisoned? And well with the evasion part, where someone who was able to evade Tsunade was hit... there's no one to yank Tsunade out if she gets trapped in the arms. And of course a barrage of iron sand aimed directly at her(no need to focus on two people now) with the Iron Sand World order should severly injure Tsunade, at least enough to attack her with the destructive power of the 3rd Kazekage's arm.

So basically without summons. If Tsunade cannot heal herself after bieng poisoned and she doesn't have antidotes. Then Sasori takes this. If she can heal herself, then either Tsunade or Sasori can win where both should be exhausted. Medical jutsu users are mostly support as she said it herself but she should have more offensive jutsus. But this is basing it on what we've seen of both.

10. ChaochroX Devil of Chicago

I'm giving this one to sasori because a big part of the reason that sakura and chiyo have been doing so well aginst sasori is because chiyo knows sasori very well which includes his tactics I doubt tsunade would be able to pick up on the attacks as quickly as chiyo who is alot more expirienced with pupet traps including sasori's. By no means would it be a short or easy fight for either. If Tsunade gets to use old slugy then I think she'd prolly have the advantage.

11. TenshiOni Active Member

Tsunade summons Katsuya and rapes him with acid. How can he escape that?

Any puppet she throws at him she would be fast enough to smash.....she could like cause a fissure in the ground and throws Sasori off balance.....and she has Genesis Rebirth.

Tsunade takes this, IMO.

12. Geese Yep

I knew something like this would happen. ANYTIME a character runs into trouble, they're suddenly a throwaway pussy (often happens to Sakura, happened to Gaara, currently happening to Sasori). And conversely when they're doing really well they're invincible (Sakura and just two weeks ago Sasori). Why can't we just wait until the battle's over :rolleyes:? And more importantly than that, why can't we just be objective (I suspect many people were just waiting for Sasori to slip up so they can shamelessly holler "Sannin" all night) :notrust. I don't vote for either because Sasori has thus far never competed against a non-puppet user :noworry.

13. Maximus Sirpoopsalot

I think tsunade takes this. b/c in sakura+chiya vs sasori fight....sakura was the main story. Chiyo didn't do much in the fight.

Tsunade's medical skills are best. Kunai's and stuff wont work against her. Combining her strength and taijutsu skills, sasori wont be THAT hard to beat.

Also she is slug sannin. So i bet she knows slug jutsus and crap. Most likely she also has the most chakra among the sanins.

14. Gooba Join us

Sakura beat the best summon, she knocked back his best attack, and dodged the other best one. Then she pwned his final attack, shattering it to pieces. Why wouldn't Saskura x 10 do better?

15. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

So what if he made the Kazekage into a puppet, cuz more than likely he probably gave him somoe paralysis poison then made him into the puppet then. I doubt Sasori actually defeated him in combat. Tsunade would destroy Sasori.

16. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Yes, that's me right there. And I indeed have no shame.

As for waiting for the battle to be over... what's the fun in that?

Anyway, it should be clear to anyone that if Sakura can survive against someone and do reasonably well, that person is simply not Hokage level.

Hokages do not fight chuunin (or low jounin) without bringing reading material along.

Tsunade does not need Katsuyu; that's just cheap. Of couse she could obliterate Sasori with an enourmous Slug; to say that Sasori could do something against it is ridiculous.
    But, were this battle to happen, we would assume that Tsunade wouldn't summon Katsuyu, for plot reasons. The same reasons that Naruto didn't simply frog Kimimaro and Sasuke into next month.

She can take this battle all by herself. Easily. It is totally ridiculous to suggest that Sakura can compete with Sasori and Tsunade cannot.

17. Chatulio Senex

knk your going to milk this fight for everything its worth huh :sweatdrop

18. Potentialflip One Last Stand

Anyways I voted Tsunade. 10% bias on that vote. Meaning I truly put into consideration what would be happening if they fought.

19. Geese Yep

You keep saying she'll take this easily but you provide no details as to how whatsoever. I'm not saying you're wrong, all I'm asking is HOW? You know as well as I know that everything Tsunade displayed earlier in the series would ensure her a grizzly death by Sasori's hand. All you use to back up your argument is hype and her oh so overrated title. WHAT has she DONE to make you believe she's head and shoulders above him?

As for Sakura "defeating" Sasori, don't forget that for the great majority of the battle she was nothing more than Chiyo's puppet. You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think she could have lasted more than 3 seconds against Hiroku on her own. Sasori is not a mid-Jounin. He killed the Sandaime Kazekage single-handedly (and for those still clasping on your straws Sasori indirectly confirms it was a real fight by saying "Killing him for my collection gave me a hard time indeed" in Inane's copy of chapter 266) and murdered at least 50 Sand Jounins effortlessly to say nothing of how he made short work of Kankuro (and if you're going to say he lost because he had "the worst possible matchup" you could say the same for Chiyo/Sakura and their stalemate with Sasori). Period.

20. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

KnK........you're a big Tsunade fan aren't you?

Er, I havent read Chapter 270........but it depends if Sasori has a puppet that is as strong as Tsunade(He made Gai, Neji, Tenten, and Lee puppets.) but I also think there are requirements for those(Or he would be the most powerful persone ver)

Tsunade would have to be VERY careful, but I think she'd win in the end.(I think Sasori is about kage level. and so far, is stronger than Itachi, Kisame and Deidara. But I also think all 3 have styles that are his worst enemy(At least Itachi and Deidara)

Knk........why do you think Tsunade is 5X stronger than Chiyo.

21. RaitoRyuukashin Banned

22. Begoniax13 Kisame's cool sword

Good lord! No offense, but comparing Sakura to Sasori is just flat out annoying. Sakura is low Special Jounin level at best, and Sasori is Kage level. Considering that Sasori is only mid kage level, and Tsunade is God of Shinobi level, Tsunade would win. A sannin can beat any member of Akatsuki that's not the leader.

23. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Tsunade doesnt have an old lady hand feeding her Sasori's attack patterns and helping her dodge the poisoned needles.And without (conveniently) having a sample of the poison to concoct an antidote.......yes even a stopwatch wont measure how fast Tsunade gets nicked, Goes immobile and then has her blood and organs being drained by Sasori.
    Though IMO Sasori should leave some blood in there.Katsuyu will be mega helpfull in future fights.

EDIT : I dont get why Topics like these are opened when the author clearly has a strong bias towards one of the characters and provides no evidence as to why that character would win other thatn OMGSHEPWNSJOO!!!

(*looks at Yondaime vs Fugaku, Prime Sarutobi vs Kyuubi Naruto, Sakura vs Kisame, Sasuke vs Yondaime threads*)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  24. G. Hawke The one who left

I think i can honestly say Hokage-Sama can take this.
    If her student(basicly a Tsunade clone, albeit a weaker one) and a person beyond her prime + below the Godaime can cause Sasori this much trouble just think what the real deal can do?

Lord i fear Gooba might just be right.
    There isn't a stopwatch fast enough to show how fast this battle is over with. :D

Cheers. :beer

25. Geese Yep

From the looks of this battle it would seem Chiyo is more impressive than Tsunade. I'm not saying she's stronger, in fact Tsunade defeated her in the past apparently but the fact of the matter is NOTHING Tsunade has done thus far has been impressive or would ensure her victory bar the infamous Manda impaling. Point is, every argument so far has been "sAK00rA 1Z wEaK0r DuN dA s00NaDAY but bLuE uP sAs0rRy duN weLl s0 MaTcHy wIn iN 5 sEkoNs HUR HUR HUR!!!!11111eleveneleveneleven". Chiyo has a stalemate because she specializes in puppets as well (and in fact taught Sasori much of what he knows). This has absolutely nothing to do with Sakura, who is merely a puppet herself. If Chiyo and Sakura were matching him because they're "on his level", then you might as well just call Kankuro a complete fucking pussy because he was owned in chapter 250 :rolleyes:. This is not Dragonball Z people, circumstances can overcome tiers :notrust.

26. Evil Eyes Hokage-Sama

C'mmon guys. You're being ridiculous here. Ofcourse Tsunade would lose. Being a sannin with 30+ years of experience in wars and battles, being the best medic nin by far in the whole world that can instantly deal with all kinds of poisons and injuries, being the strongest nin by far in the whole serious in terms of physical strength, and finally being a hokage is really not that impressive. I mean Sasori has like 300 L33t puppets that can throw different types of posion and weapons. Also provided that he's an Akatsuki member, and a damn cute one if I might add, he'll definitely beat Tsunade.
    Sure chiyo and Sakura r giving Sasori a very hard time and have successfully destroyed his strongest puppet, but seriously, do u guys think that Tsunade can even compare to Sakura+chiyo?

Chiyo is way way much more impressive than Tsunade. She uses puppets for God's sake. Tsunade only beated her in the past because they were competing in a beauty contest! It has nothing to do with nullifying the strongest poison ever made by chiyo instantly in the middle of a battle!

What has Tsunade done so far beside make Oro and Manda her bitches? This is quite old. We're talking here about Naruto 2 not 1. This is a different story!

27. Nighthawk Banned

Tsunade woud win. The akatsuki are so overrated it's not even funny.

Sannin >>>>>>>> akatasuki.

28. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Firstly the poison Sasori uses is something he developed by himself.It is completely different from the poisons Chiyoba used.Sakura needed an antidote with her during the fight.An antidote that had to be prepared before hand.
    In a fair fight Tsunade wouldnt know about the posion or how it works.Not to mention her dodging all of Sasori's attacks being near impossible.No old lady to guide her, No Sharingan/Byakuugan,No Kaiten and no insane speed like Gai.
    A small nick on her and shes done.
    From Nihongaeri's translation
    Explain to me how without being able to dodge Sasori's multiple attacks, getting poisoned, not being able to move/Handseals she is going to beat Sasori.And i havnt even gotten to the Iron Sand yet.If she cant move then no healing, no summoning, no punches nothing.

Its really unbeleivable :sad how people dont get that the only reason Sasori has had to drag it this far is because of Chiyo.

29. Gooba Join us

Yet she is holding her own against him, and just beat his best puppet alone. I guess doing that isn't grounds for thinking she is even close to his level.

30. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

She wouldnt be holding her own if Chiyo wasnt there.She wouldnt even have gotten this far.