1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Tsunade vs Waterdome

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by SammySam, Mar 23, 2019.

1. ~Kakashi~ Well-Known Member

Gai's CQC capabilities wouldn't be what would save him in the water dome anyway. The aura/pressure from the gates separating the water from him would(or if some argument would be made that the water dome is drastically different from the lake and ocean he pushed aside with the 6th and 7th gates respectively, hirudora would just blow the waterdome apart)

Size scaling was so inconsistent, especially in part 2, it's hard to say if Katsuyu gets Tsunade out of the waterdome just based on size alone. Splitting in to so many smaller versions that it makes it difficult for Kisame to reach Tsunade might stall long enough to get her out of it, but I dunno.

Also not sure what the science would be behind Katsuyu's acid interacting with that much water and how much of a threat that'd be to Kisame.

2. Architect of the Works of Beauty

dunno about earlier DBs, but the latest says Bunta is 17 m tall, while Gamaken and Gamahiro are slightly taller than him.
    Ponta is like 0,4-0,44 of Bunta's height.

3. SakuraLover16 Sakura + Sasuke = Sarada

Tsunade can also increase her size depending on how much chakra she uses.

4. MarF You think you got an idiot in front of you? You're right.

While I agree that the summons can be a bit inconsistent, they didn't get 5 times smaller. Overall they are still roughly the same size, if you compare the summoner to the summons eye/head

P1:

P2:

Naruto compared to in his BM Avatar

which is as big as the other Bijuu

Who are way bigger than ~ 20m from just looking at them and fan calcs

The 17 to 20m comes from the 4th databook, which isn't exactly known to be a reliable source. Yes I know that sounds like cherry picking, but it's true.

5. Godaime Tsunade Densetsu no Kamo

As this is clearly a spite thread I won’t answer your question seriously lol.

But she can summon Katsuyu below herself to push herself out. Failing that she just rips him in half when he tries to engage her up close. No way he’s latching onto Tsunade and sucking her Byakugō dry before she can tear him into shark meat.

6. 07 Ghost Ayanami Member

How is she a fast swimmer? Or how can she even go that fast up there?

7. SammySam Banned

Legit no clue, it's not even something I can actually comprehend, probably because it is so far out of the bounds of canon and reality that my mind can't wrap itself around the concept.

Ask the Tsunade supporters though :catshrug

8. IchLiebe Da Sage

That's what I was thinking, bee tried to escape and even freed the raccoon, but kisame kept the dome on him

9. Sage light Well-Known Member

Kisame's Dome is probably the most underrated thing out there.

10. SammySam Banned

It's not in other forums (specifically reddit where I lurked for years), Kisame's Waterdome was widely regarded as being massive, the highest i've personally seen it scaled was sand village/konoha in scale, the lowest i've seen is here, where it's SMALLER than the Hokage mansion and in my mind the high end makes more sense, I don't hold that belief but there's an argument to be made for sure

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Architect of the Works of Beauty

writing from the phone so i cant to do thing but you can check the one page where naruto arrives to the destroyed konoha atop gamakichis head who is standing on gamabuntas head
    just see via px how much bigger bunta is than naruto and multiply that by natutos height which is 1.66mit
    buntas height would be like 21-22 m, but he is showing off his whole posture, while 17m is listed for bunta standing on all 4 legs

12. narut0ninjafan Well-Known Member

Bee tried to escape because he couldn't beat Kisame in CQC underwater, but could he beat or escape from a Kisame immobilized by Raninsho though?

I don't think that would be as difficult :catshrug

13. Shark 鮫仙

Tsunade needs to be superior to Kisame in CQC in order to land Rashinsho, which she isn't.

14. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Isn't Tsunade far superior to Kisame in HTH?

15. Shark 鮫仙

On land, when he isn't fused.

16. narut0ninjafan Well-Known Member

She just needs to land a tap on him, which shouldn't be hard in the waterdome since Kisame will literally be swimming right up to her :catshrug

I don't see how he's gonna maintain contact with her to absorb chakra while at the same time not getting tapped by Raninsho

17. Shark 鮫仙

Technically all Bee needed was to cut Kisame's head off with his sword, but he couldn't. :catshrug

Same way he maintained contact with Bee without getting maimed. :catshrug

18. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Let's not conflate the ability to swim better as superior HTH. Tsunade is simply out of her element in water, but make no mistake she is always more skilled in HTH.

19. narut0ninjafan Well-Known Member

Taking a big swing of a sword with enough force to cut someone's head off is not the same thing as tapping someone though

Because Bee didn't have any options to hurt him underwater, his fighting style is pretty much entirely based on wearing cloaks of chakra which would have just fed right into Kisame absorption :catshrug

He managed to hold Kisame with his octopus legs though, which shows that making contact underwater isn't particularly difficult

The difference with Tsunade is that all she needs is to make that contact once to get an opening to escape or even the playing field to fight him

20. SammySam Banned

Kisame spars with Gai and holds his own
    Gai who sparred with Obito
    But Tsunade with no notable feats of skill regarding Taijutsu is better than him in HTH

These forums are something else man...wow....

21. MarF You think you got an idiot in front of you? You're right.

True, I forgot that they are drawn that tiny in the Pain arc. Thing is they get bigger later on again so it's just inconsistent instead of being a retcon. Hell a quick pixel scaling gave me 50m for Gamahiro sitting on his butt in the war arc. Boss Summons have also been portrayed to be as big as the lesser Bijuu who all haven been measured to be a 100+m in the War arc.

Anyway, Tsunade wins this. Even if Kisame manages to absorb the chakra build up in her fist he'd still have to deal with her Natural strength which allowed her to lift and swing around Gamabunta's sword with zero difficulty.

22. Shark 鮫仙

According to Kisamehada vs Bee underwater, "swimming better" and "being out of your element is more than enough.

23. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

I don't think you understand what is being discussed here. Tsunade is superior HTH than Kisame, I never commented on her chances while in waterdome.

24. Shark 鮫仙

It still doesn't change anything, Tsunade's tap isn't anymore different than a kunai or a sword stab since you just need to hit your opponent once. Which Bee couldn't do. :catshrug

Or it's because Bee couldn't do anything seeing as he was holding his sword but had to resort to partial transformation because he was helpless.
    Partial transformations that don't require Bee to be physically free, something that can't be said for Tsunade. :catshrug

In fact Tsunade might not even be able to concentrate enough to use Rashinsho if she's getting drained anyway. :catshrug

25. Shark 鮫仙

What is being discussed is whether Tsunade can beat fused Kisame underwater in CQC, which she can't.

26. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

You said Tsunade needs to be better than Kisame in CQC, which she is. You are conflating being a superior swimmer to being a better combatant. (better swimming makes Kisame better in combat underwater, but not necessarily a better fighter)

Tsunade could be superior to Kisame in every physical stat and still lose in water because she can't swim as well as Kisame.

27. Shark 鮫仙

Ok

Tsunade is superior in CQC skill to Kisame underwater but will lose in CQC against him underwater...

She can be superior all she wants as long as she ends up actually losing to me. :catshrug

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  28. Shark 鮫仙

@SammySam don't worry it's just a technicality, I don't actually see how she's superior in something she directly loses in, but the overall point is to get the opponent to concede that Kisame will defeat her in CQC.

Think of the bigger picture. :dupe

29. narut0ninjafan Well-Known Member

But it is though :catshrug

Stabbing someone is a lot harder than tapping them, especially when underwater with your movement impeded :catshrug

Stabbing Kisame with enough force to harm him would have been almost impossible underwater so he really didn't have any other options

Bee could still activate jutsus while being drained, so being drained doesn't completely stop you from using chakra :catshrug

30. Architect of the Works of Beauty

i dunno where they are around 100m, but if there is an inconsistency, DB kinda solves that by putting Gamatrio's actual heights
    also, the only time I remember a giant sannin summon being comparable in size to the bijuu was when Bunta fought a skeeping Gaara Shukaku, who could be not at his tallest there.