• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Tsunade's instigate no jutsu?

Beyonce

Medical Ninja
Okay hear me out. We've heard of Talk no jutsu and how powerful that is, but we have yet to discuss the mighty instigate no jutsu from Tsunade. After doing my weekly worshiping rereading of Tsunade's panel time I came across a small pattern. Tsunade is kind of a fucking GOAT at making ppl angry at her.

Instigation #1. She instigates Pain, a character tiers above her, into using one of his most power techniques that not only shortens his life but weakens him in power all over a couple words :lmao

Keep in mind that Pain being weakened in the beginning played a factor into Naruto's victory in the end. AND on top of that the village suffered barely any casualties thanks to Katsuyu. So basically Tsunade instigated his ass into doing something that in the end killed a handful of people and destroyed buildings. Big whoop :bookerskully

Instigation #2. She instigates the GOD OF SHINOBI'S RIVAL and visibly pisses him off.

While this may have backfired on her and ended up making the fight harder, I think it's funny as shit Madara let lil ol Tsunade tick him off. She practically said "so U had to use my grandfather's jutsu to defend yourself from his grandaughter? LOL". Clearly you can see the shame and anger in his eyes.

Instigation #3. While this may example isn't as strong as the other two, I still found it funny how a literal shaking and torn up Tsunade pissed Orochimaru off to the point he had to cry out like a bitch and ask why she's not dead yet :lmao. Like damn, is it tht srs? U gonna cry?

I think there's some usability here in terms of her NBD showcase. Perhaps in IC fights she could push characters into doing OOC things to ensure victory for either herself or her team?

One thing's for sure tho. If she can't shit diff her opponent, she sure as hell shit diffs their ego.

Aegon Targaryen

The Shield That Guards The Realm of Men
Tbf pissing Pain off was the wrong thing to do as it got the entire village nuked. It also seemed sanctimonious for Tsunade to tell Pain ''we suffered too!'' when the main villages are responsible for Pain's suffering AND each other's own.

Beyonce

Medical Ninja
Tbf pissing Pain off was the wrong thing to do as it got the entire village nuked. It also seemed sanctimonious for Tsunade to tell Pain ''we suffered too!'' when the main villages are responsible for Pain's suffering AND each other's own.
While that is true, the point Tsunade was getting at was his actions aren’t at all justified. Terrorist organizations like ISIS, Al Qaeda, and Al Shabaab have legitimate reasons to have vile disdain towards the US. Doesn’t at all make their terrorism justified though which is what Pain was trying to convince to Tsunade.

However my main point I’m getting at was how it’s kind of laughable that Tsunade’s words was what triggered Pain into using such a taxing and life shortening jutsu :lmao. Like you’d expect the leader of the akatsuki to be able to just brush off what she said but nah. It’s like letting a toddler anger you into full on fighting it with all your might

Aegon Targaryen

However my main point I’m getting at was how it’s kind of laughable that Tsunade’s words was what triggered Pain into using such a taxing and life shortening jutsu :lmao. Like you’d expect the leader of the akatsuki to be able to just brush off what she said but nah. It’s like letting a toddler anger you into full on fighting it with all your might

Tbf Pain hated Konoha and wanted revenge, or as he termed it, justice. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yonatan

יְהוֹנָתָן/יוֹנָתָן
I actually didn't mind her instigating Pain because she had a point about Konoha suffering as well: not as much as Amegakure did perhaps, but Konoha were definitely not strangers to hardships caused by war. And I always thought it was puzzling that Pain nuked Konoha in retaliation for the suffering that they indirectly caused in his village, yet as far as I remember, he didn't seem to bear a grudge against Iwagakure and Sunagakure despite them also being involved in the strife that affected Amegakure during the 2nd Shinobi World War.

Aegon Targaryen

I actually didn't mind her instigating Pain because she had a point about Konoha suffering as well: not as much as Amegakure did perhaps, but Konoha were definitely not strangers to hardships caused by war. And I always thought it was puzzling that Pain nuked Konoha in retaliation for the suffering that they indirectly caused in his village, yet as far as I remember, he didn't seem to bear a grudge against Iwagakure and Sunagakure despite them also being involved in the strife that affected Amegakure during the 2nd Shinobi World War.

Konoha ninja killed his parents, and Danzo of Konoha (literally one of the leaders in the village) allied with Hanzo to kill Yahiko and betray Nagato. They tried to destroy a movement planning to bring peace to the entire ninja world. And no need for the ''perhaps', both Pain and Naruto outright stated Ame was ruined as thoroughly as Konoha was during Pain's invasion. Not even Kurama's attack or Oro's attack or past wars brought Konoha down that low*. Neither Iwa nor Suna went that far, though Pain clearly has it out for them too.

*And ironically, Konoha got off far easier than Ame did due to Nagato sacrificing his life to save them all, at least no one actually died at the end of the day as far as we know. The people that died in Ame are forever dead and no one is bringing them back to the land of the living.

Tsunade isn't wrong to ''instigate'' Pain, but there's no need to equate the suffering of big and small villages.

While that is true, the point Tsunade was getting at was his actions aren’t at all justified. Terrorist organizations like ISIS, Al Qaeda, and Al Shabaab have legitimate reasons to have vile disdain towards the US. Doesn’t at all make their terrorism justified though which is what Pain was trying to convince to Tsunade

No, I fully agree Tsunade was trying to say Pain's actions weren't justified. It's how she said it is dumb.

Had she left out the first part of her retort or instead said ''You hypocrite! How dare you!'', I would agree she'd be right.

Last edited:

GrandBenja

I think there's some usability here in terms of her NBD showcase. Perhaps in IC fights she could push characters into doing OOC things to ensure victory for either herself or her team?
I would tend to agree.

What's interesting in these feats is that Tsunade didn't say anything that would objectively justify the extent of her opponents' reactions.
Orochimaru has better feats when it comes to enraging someone, but the thing is, he actually does or says something to trigger his victim's anger. Tsunade, on the other hand, seems to trigger this rage out of nowhere. It looks like a genjutsu more than mere smack talk, if you ask me…

Another interesting detail is that Tsunade herself is known for her short temper. Her "instigate no jutsu", as you call it, may be an enraging curse that affects both herself and her opponents.
Who could have placed such a curse on her though? Neither Orochimaru nor Madara, since they were both affected by its effects. Hum… I believe we have a case to investigate.

Mawt

Another trend I've noticed is that every time she's tried to instigate, she's gotten the ever living shit beaten out of her. Maybe she should stay away from instigating and find another hobby. :dontpepe

FlamingRain

Living Legend
Another trend I've noticed is that every time she's tried to instigate, she's gotten the ever living shit beaten out of her. Maybe she should stay away from instigating and find another hobby. :dontpepe

But the people she instigated all died while she's still alive. :maybe

Top Bottom