1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

TT3 SEMIFINAL 2: Azeruth vs Melodie

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by SinRaven, May 26, 2013.

1. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Magnolia Stadium presents
    Trial Tournament 3

For a list of rules and character abilities/restrictions, please refer to the and .

SEMIFINALS - MATCH 2

Azeruth

Gray [42]
    Erigor [30]
    Duke Everlue [8]

vs

Melodie

Sting [48]
    Yukino [24]
    Alzack [6]
    Bisca [2]

Spoiler:

Medium: The teams start at the appropriate distance along the pathway the villagers are gathered.
    Line of Sight: YES

2. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

both have some interesting options, but i'd give melodie the advantage as she seems to have more raw power

3. Melodie ̣

Strategy will be up. For sure. To be honest knowledge is the most annoying thing ever for my team. literally in every match.

4. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Spoiler:
    On Melodie's Team
    Sting - Full; Gray
    Yukino - Partial; Gray
    Alzack - Full; Gray
    Bisca - Full; Gray

On My Team
    Gray - Full; All
    Erigor - None
    Duke Everlue - None

Preparation
    Spoiler:
    Gray shares his knowledge on the enemy team and his knowledge of the Galuna Island Village.

Strategy
    Spoiler:
    Opening Phase
    Gray will immediately use in the pathway in front of him to block line of sight and protect my team. My team will quickly run around or into a to hide, where Duke Everlue will use . Erigor and Gray will quickly follow Duke Everlue underground, where Duke Everlue will summon . Duke Everlue and Fat Virgo will begin digging towards the enemy team, as Duke Everlue where the enemy team is located.

Phase I - Executioners
    Once we arrive underneath the enemy team, Duke Everlue will attempt to pick out Yukino. At this point my team prepares itself, Gray using and Erigor readying his . Duke Everlue will then grab Yukino and drag her underground. Erigor will swing his Scythe at Yukino's head while Gray swings his Cōrudo Ekusukaribā at her midsection, as they behead and trisect Yukino. If she somehow survives being cut into three pieces, they simply stab her until she dies a horrible death.

With Yukino dead, Duke Everlue will target Sting, and then Alzack, and then finally Bisca in that order. This should easily kill all four of the enemy members as they will not expect to be dragged underground, they didn't know we could go underground, and they don't know when we are coming for them.

Phase II - Snipers
    Should we be unable to drag and kill any or all of the enemy members, the next phase will begin. The remaining members will be tracked by Duke Everlue and their location will be pointed out to Gray. Duke Everlue and Fat Virgo will dig to a location that will allow Gray to find the enemy and fire . This will preferably be done from a hole in the ground, meaning Duke Everlue and Fat Virgo will dig near the enemy, open a hole for Gray, and Gray will be able to spot and fire at the enemy without needing to surface. If Gray does need to surface, Duke Everlue and Fat Virgo will dig into a local and bring Gray up there. Gray will position himself for a kill shot without revealing his location, and kill the highest priority target (Yukino, Sting, Alzack, Bisca). Gray will quickly rejoin the team underground and the process will be repeated.

What Ifs
    Spoiler:
    What if Yukino summons Libra immediately?
    My team should be able to get behind a nearby building quickly enough. Libra would be summoned at the same time as the Gaizā is put up. By the time Libra targets my team, we are already moving behind a building and she needs to break through a Gaizā at medium distance. We only need to get out of sight so the enemy team doesn't notice Duke Everlue's Daibā hole.

What if the enemy team is not on ground level for Phase I?
    Any enemy still on the ground will be eliminated in Phase I in the determined order. Otherwise, Phase II will be utilized to eliminate any or all enemy team members.

5. Melodie ̣

Want to post a strategy? Yeah, well. The forum got screwed....

Will do that when I get back from Work today.

6. DookieMonster Just a fan

From the get-go, Yukino will summon the 13th spirit in front of my team so we could block the line of sight. This way, the opposite team will have no knowledge of our positions. My team will be riding on it so they could get on one of the houses. immediately. in the second that they're climbing with this quick method Yukino will summon Pisces (fish form) to scout for approaching enemies from behind [the part where the 13th spirit isn't watching], and Sting will enter White Drive. If he can't do that while moving he will do it once he on one of the houses. Ophicious will engage against anyone who is approaching from the front. Pisces will not engage against anyone if he found them, they will immediately change into human form (above one of the closet houses and inform my team. After that he will be replaced by Libra]. Bisca will be sniping for enemies and Alzack will protect Yukino and Bisca with tornado shots, he will counter anything they throw at him with tornado shot too. he will support with attacking if he could. Sting will also counter things with his roar, or simply use it to attack. of course not linearly, he will redirect it so he could bypass defenses. He will also be using Holy ray on the enemies.

Libra will counter approaching attacks that are used by Gray [or any other ranged attack if she could], and will pin any target within her range.

8. Melodie ̣

I ain't no AS. I am not able to write something long, organized with good grammar and spelling (including links) through phone.

..In mid of work.

9. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

I'm actually leaning towards Melodie at the moment, but I need to do a full comparison of strats and maybe wait for some rebuttals

10. Melodie ̣

Okay, funnily enough Azeruth and I immediately try to block line of sight. The pros? My team is able to continue with the plan. The cons? Azeruth has no knowledge of our position. so he will charge through digging mindlessly behind my team. [which he will need to pop up to see what really is happening.] Which he should be within Pisces line of sight. once that happens, my team starts the assault.

Phase I wouldn't work as Azeruth have predicted in the What If section.

Phase II comes into play, which will play miserably. Why? Once Duke, the incomptent fighter starts "scouting" he will be caught by Pisces. They will inform my team about his location [Which he will disappear later on and be replaced by Libra]. Gray's super awesome freezing arrow will be rendered useless by Libra, Alzack and Sting. Not only this he will have to strike it before Bisca snipe him [she's better than him when it comes to shooting, believe me]. There is also the fact that Ophicious is close by, which would be even more difficult for him to target something accurately. a lot of Azeruth's strategy depends on Duke, which as I pointed out, will fail miserably. [Add on the fact that Sting will use Holy ray and roar too on the enemy..]

Oh, and Erigor is not doing anything. :LOS

His strategy definitely falls short.

11. Azeruth TT3 Champion

My team gets underground with ease and your team has no idea where we are. You have a giant snake giving away your position, so while Phase I doesn't happen, Phase II is going to easily take place.

Waiting to use Libra is fine as well. Once Phase II has begun, Everlue is going to sense that Ophiuchus is out and that everyone is above ground. That means Gray will be sniping from the ground and targeting Yukino. You have no idea we are underground, Gray should have no issue sniping Yukino and putting away Ophiuchus and Pisces for good. You have no idea where we are coming from, or that we're underground, or that Gray is sniping from the ground or from a house of his own. Then he's back underground to kill Sting.

You have no idea what's coming or the ridiculous speed of Gray's Sūpā Furīzu Arō. Yukino's dead as soon as the hole is opened for Gray. Alzack won't be able to counter and we'll be on the move immediately for Sting. Sting will never land a hit, nor will Alzack or Bisca.

Yukino will be dead, Libra would never be summoned since you will never find my team anyway.

You have no idea where my team is, and hiding on some buildings with a giant billboard in Ophiuchus gives Duke Everlue the easiest tracking job in the world. It's not a tall task for a hole to be opened for Gray to snipe Yukino and ruin the majority of your plan. Alzack and Bisca won't be of any use, so it's Sting attacking the dirt vs. Gray with full tactical advantage.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  12. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Duke Everlue doesn't have to pop out at all. He was able to sense, locate, and spy on Natsu and Lucy without ever popping up to do it. He only popped up to attack.

Phase I was only for ground units.

Implying Duke needs to pop up to track, which he doesn't. Pisces will do nothing, none of this will happen, Yukino will die and your summons are gone and your team is stuck on buildings while my team has full movement under the village.

Because Gray will kill your whole team. Of course if Yukino dies and anyone falls on the ground, Erigor can chop off their heads.

13. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Azeruth, I have a hard time envisioning Gray sniping from a hole in the ground while the people he is sniping for are standing atop of a building with tons of constructs and a giant snake in their way.

Sniping from a building to the ground is easy.
    Sniping from the ground to a building? Not so easy.

14. Yuki Meow.

15. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

yes, and Gray was standing atop of a high, ice construct back then. now he's sniping from a hole in a ground towards a high building. that is pretty much impossible, as he has close to no line of sight to what is happening on that building.

16. Azeruth TT3 Champion

If you don't believe he can shoot from the hole, he shoots from a building while maintaining as much secrecy as possible. That would mean Everlue/Virgo bring him up in a building and he shoots from there. He can fire from a window/doorway and they'd still have no idea where he is. His range is phenomenal with that shot, he doesn't have to be directly beside them.

17. Yuki Meow.

Yea and the giant snake things best durability feat is easily getting chopped up by Kagura, Gray should kill it with a shot or two.

18. Azeruth TT3 Champion

The main target is Yukino, Ophiuchus is being used as a staircase and then he's guarding the front of the building. Pisces are watching the back. No one is really watching the sides, which means I can get a clear kill shot on Yukino from either side.

19. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

i still don't see him sniping them that easily.

first of all, if he's inside, and not atop, a building, it would still be just as hard for him to snipe.

second of all, there are still a lot of rubble and a giant snake in the way.

also, mel has a lot of people moving around and searching atop of that building. gray is bound to be found (and taken out) sooner or later, especially after he snipes yukino (sniping should give away his location). with gray dead, the rest of your team stands no chance, even if yukino is gone as well.

20. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Except after sniping he returns to the hole and they repeat the process in a new location. I highly doubt they can find him, the shot would be fired and Yukino would be dead almost instantly. By the time they realize what just happened he's heading back to the hole.

Ophiuchus may be gigantic but he's in the front of the building, he's not stated to be guarding or extending his body in any way to guard the sides. If Gray goes several buildings to the side and finds a spot he can see Yukino, she's dead and Melodie's team doesn't know where I was.

21. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Take a look at this , plenty of buildings and areas for me to snipe from without being seen. I'm under the cover of these buildings and the ground itself when traveling (or firing from it), I could open a hole in a side path and find them, I can be in a farther away building that they wouldn't even suspect. There are plenty of spots for me to snipe them from, they aren't leaving the building top, they are stuck in one spot.

22. Melodie ̣

Let's see. The 13th spirit gives away my positioning? how? Just because I summoned it there it doesn't necessarily mean that my team is located there. not only this, but how would you even know the exact positioning of my team? That's also excluding the fact that, you blocked the line of sight too, you will not see anything until you start the digging. which Duke will try to scout and die thanks to Pisces call. Duke being a sensor? No, I am sorry, but he is definitely not a sensor. He was following them through digging, like the maids, but he did not charge immediately - he tailed them.

It's just really you're depending too much on Everlue that you think your strategy would actually go that far. No It will not. the moment he tries to scout he's dead. My team is attacking your team will full force and Gray is not a better sniper. not only this but your positioning is very awkward. if as you say, he will go on some roof, he won't be in secret anymore, he would die.

replying to potential voters from now on, unless there is something vital that the voters want me to reply to!

Edit: you're underestimating my scouting and counter abilities. a lot. just for the sake that Gray could pull off an unbelievable move.

23. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Lucy ran off and hid . Duke Everlue, while still being in the wall notes she used Wind Reading Glasses (hence ). Ophiuchus is a giant snake. How could we not find that and your team? He's a far better sensor and tracker than Nullpudding and Eve.

You're depending on a flawed view of Everlue. And Gray has better sniping feats than Bisca, who is a sniper. He never goes onto a roof and never needs to. He can snipe you from a window. If he can snipe with perfect accuracy from long distance he can kill you from anywhere in the village.

24. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Well, the discussion has died down, so I'll try to stir up the conversation again.

Both opening moves should happen without issue. Melodie's team will summon Ophiuchus, climb him and reach a rooftop, and Pisces will be summoned while Sting enters White Drive. At the same time, my team has entered a building unseen, dug underground, and established no enemies are on the ground. At this point, Pisces is trying to scout blindly behind their team, Ophiuchus is guarding the front, Bisca is going to snipe, and the others are basically waiting around without really moving. They are stationary.

My team, however, is free to move about underground, enter any building unseen, and scope out the enemy team. Melodie's team has a giant snake in Ophiuchus in the front and two fish in Pisces floating/swimming in the back, it's not going to be hard to figure out where they are, and Duke should have no issue tracking their location. Duke Everlue and Virgo will never come out of the ground, so there will be no issue for Gray to move around location to location.

At this point, the advantage of the surprise attack is mine. Gray can fire his Sūpā Furīzu Arō from medium-long distance with deadly accuracy in a heartbeat. The only issue that has risen is whether he can get the positioning for a kill shot. I don't see why he couldn't, considering the around. I'm under the cover of a building or underground, Pisces is going to struggle to find me. But even if that's still not enough to warrant a kill shot, there is another issue that hasn't been addressed. How is Melodie's team going to attack or find me?

Melodie's team is mainly stationary on the roof. Alzack is on guard duty, Sting is mainly countering, Yukino is just summoning, which leaves Bisca trying to snipe. If by some miracle Pisces manages to find Gray, Pisces isn't engaging, Pisces is going to change into human form (above a nearby roof, not near where they would have found Gray), alerting their team to the location they last saw Gray, then wait for Yukino to desummon them so she can call in Libra. Of course, Gray would notice the entire thing, and if he STILL doesn't have a kill shot (he still has the advantage here) he would just run back underground and now Pisces is gone. They have no protection on their back, they are exposed, and Yukino most likely had to walk to the edge of the roof to summon Libra into range. Which brings up the next point.

If you don't believe Gray has the angle to kill anyone on the roof, how will they have the angle to kill Gray? If they're in the center of the roof, they won't have a good angle either. Which would mean they'd have to come to the edge of the roof where the last known location was to try and attack, which opens them up for Gray to kill them, because now they have no protection. The roofs are wide open and Melodie's team has no means to get back down aside from Ophiuchus. Going to ground level means Phase I would kill them anyway. If you're going to say Gray can't get an angle, then the same thing should be stated for Melodie's entire team. Bisca would likely be sniping on the edge of the roof, and would have to move around from edge to edge to scope out the entire village. She's always in danger of Gray just killing her instead. The main priority is Yukino, but if Gray can never target her for a kill shot, he's not going to sit there all day waiting for it, he's going to move on to Sting, and then Alzack, and then Bisca. Someone on Melodie's team is dying, the preference and priority is Yukino. And I still contend that Yukino dies first. And this of course assumes the roof they even went on is flat, as not all of the roofs are flat topped either. If they aren't on a flat roof, they are exposed as well.

There is also the option of just having Gray pop up in the building and firing Sūpā Furīzu Arō straight up through the ceiling and killing Yukino that way. They'd never see that coming and Gray could easily get back underground before Melodie's team can react.

Melodie make a mistake in parking her team on the roof and never leaving that roof. I have the entire village to work in, she has a single rooftop. If you don't believe Gray can properly target any of Melodie's team on that roof, then her team will have the very same issue. The problem for her team is they are completely exposed while I have cover at all times. I don't see a way for Melodie's team to locate Gray, but even if they somehow manage her own strategy slows them down long enough for Gray to get a deadly shot in.

25. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

^ Leaning towards Azereuth for the reason he mentions above. I don't see Gray having a lot of of success against Melodie, but he can basically just barrage them ad nauseum while Melodies team stays out of range. Only real threats to Azereuths team would be Bisca and sting at the range. Sting's attack is like a big glowing gtfo sign at that kind of distance, and if the match is coming down to Bisca versus gray soloing at long distance I'm going to consistently go with the latter.

That said, regardless of the way I vote I don't see this as being a decisive vote one way or the other.

I'm still mulling a few other points over. But I should have a vote up by the time the match is up.

26. Melodie ̣

LPH, instead of rebutting the points, I want you to just re-read my strategy before you make-up your decision.

27. Azeruth TT3 Champion

28. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

yes, the match had been extended by 24 hours lala

29. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Was thinking about it a bit more.... Sting's roar may actually be a decent way to hit an underground team. It should have pretty good piercing power. I'm a still a bit iffy on Sting using it that way, but Melodie did order him to use it to bypass enemy defenses.

Really, if Melodie had knowledge on Everlue, she'd have some decent anti-doton/digger(?) options

30. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Melodie's team doesn't know we're underground though, he'd be firing it at buildings if he found Gray. Our original hole is inside a building and most of the holes we'd make would be inside buildings as well. He has no idea how we're moving or where the holes are. The only reason we'd have a hole outside would be if Gray had a kill shot angle from it.