1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Tupac

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Reznor, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

Haven't seen much love for Tupac around here.

He's was my first hip hop (before moe and Jk pimped me), and you know what they say about first love/kiss. :amuse

My favorite albums are.
    Strictly 4 my N.I.G.G.A.Z, All eyes on me and R U Still down (remember me)

Favorite songs.

I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto, Definition Of A Thug ^ (use bro) and Holla if ya Hear Me.

Discuss
    Tupac. Hate, love and how much his legacy has been fucked in the ass.

absorb!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

I was never a big fan of Tupac, though I did appreciate the Makavelli era, and I am sick of the constant, "is he alive or dead" talks.

Other than that, I have nothing really good or bad to say about him.

Though, he did have some bitchin bandanas.

3. pnoypridz Member

but biggie is the man :amuse

4. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

Tupac is fuckin' amazing! If you can read the lyrics of I wonder if heaven got a ghetto or Dear mama or Changes and not be moved or impressed by the man's lyrics, even if you don't care for the message, then I simply don't understand you. Sure, he had some less than stellar songs; and sure, monetarily motivated individuals are raping his studio sessions worse than Christopher Tolkien did with his pappy's notes; but he was one of the most charismatic and lyrically gifted rappers of our time. To dislike him is understandable, since West Coast Gangsta rap isn't to everyone's taste, but that's not all he is about and to disrespect him is ignorant.

He has always been one of my faves and he always will...

5. pnoypridz Member

actually i love west coast gangster rap.......... tupac is very overated imo

6. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

Well, I think he is rated highly, but not overmuch.

I say we agree to disagree. I don't have the energy to argue about this right now :p

7. krzyvietboi2k5 Why am i surrounded by idiots?

Tupac is my hero, i often lay at night listening to his lyrics and you know what, his words are real. Such a fucking shame he got shot down.

8. skunkworks Member

I think he's a talented dude, but I think his music is pretty overrated.

9. The Mist --Mizukage--

Tupac is what I would call a talent rapper, educated rapper, and a rapper who's lyrics actually mean something...

my favorite tupac song has to be changes. :smile-big

10. explicitkarma 24601

I've definately heard better, but Tupac could beat the retarded shit out on the radio right now with his left pinky.

I actually though Tupac and Biggie were both talented. It's a shame that stupid drama got the best of both of them.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  11. Wing-Zero Whoa!!!

12. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

Tupac's lyrics are amazing. I think many people diss Tupac for the gangsta rap thing.

I myself look more at it like a story. This man had a story to tell about his experiences, I think many of his songs are depressing.

Songs like So many tears, Changes, How long will they mourn me and many more are really sad to me.

I think this man was an amazing lyricist. He was also among the first music I got into, when I was like 13/14, for this he will always have a place in my heart.

13. BlueCheese 希望

Ah man I love tupac. All Eyez on Me is an amazing album.

14. Sniper Not a crook

Tupac was awsome. He made lyrics that can appreciated by everybody. His talent was amazing, Too bad he got shot. The golden age of rap was in Mid 1990's when the nirvana allegion ended. Tupac was too Unapreciated. He rapped about things that mattered and things hat concerned he society at the time. He rapped about non-contrevercial things. Things about Politics, racism, and his concerns.

Todays rappers are all about women, and money. Window shopper exposes that truth, and every rap video proves that rappaz obsess women like a sight of a fatman lookin at a hot dog. Seriously, He is too unnapreciated. He needs to be reborn so he could rule the whole damn fucking world.

Tupac Salute.

15. olaf Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Oh man, without 2Pac i wouldn't be the person I am today. My adventour with *better* music started with 2Pac when i was about 12 (before that I listened to this random stuff - usually low class pop - that TV and radio usually play). I bought "R U still there (remember me)" tapes and when I listened to it it was like BOOM

and when I started to translate his lyrics it was another BOOM. I started, then, listening to hip-hop, and 2Pac was like God for me.

Now I know that he also recorded not so good songs and I don't like everything bout this gangsta style, but I have a lot of respect for him. And even if the music I listen now isn't only hiphop (it's mainly rock stuff, but not only) I still respect it, cuz I know that hh can be really deep.

BTW If I remember right on Thug style album there were 2 tracks with Eminem rappping in them, and those are the 2 best eminem songs I ever heard.

16. o0oEnderIlleso0o The Lungs of the Ocean

Never been a huge fan. I was a Biggie man myself. *waits for gunshots*

17. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

I still say the man had awesome taste in bandanas \m/

18. Jink Kid :thumbs

me to, i liked biggie alot more then 2pac <--- he was overrated, WAY overrated, they had this top 20 mc's thing on vh1 or some bullshit channel like that and they ranked him #1 in front of people like Rakim (which was the only good person on the list from what I can remember). But they also had people like DMX on the list -_-

19. pnoypridz Member

i think common was in top 15 and KRS was top 8 or something like that

bs ass list anyways, nelly was top ten i remember :mad

20. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

It's VH1, you might as well assume they don't know a fucking thing.

21. Viciousness on a Forums Break

Pac was sick. A seriously deep brother, and he stayed in the studio churning out more tracks then he knew what to do with it. Who knows how much theyve got of him on file. His content was seriously well written, and he was more than just a rapper. He was a writer, poet, actor, comedian, and charismatic pop icon. Plus he kept it real. Sure he didnt always make the right decision and contradicted himself alot. But he was seriously awesome as a person and a rapper. And its the man he was that wins him so many points towards being the best rapper. So many people could relate to him, and for better or worse he definately brought in a new age of the rap genre.

As for Biggie, being from the east coast when I was young I heard alot more of him. Big was cool and an awesome freestyler. He was rarely very deep unless going on his history but his use of the dictionary and raw god given talent was amazing. But he didnt do nearly as much as Pac outside of rapping, which is one of the main reasons his legacy isnt as big, besides not dropping nearly as many records.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  22. RodMack Spiral Arrow

Tupac is the shit. his lyrics are just awesome.

23. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I cant get Brenda's got a Baby out of my head

Now Brendas belly is gettin bigger
    But no one seems ta notice any change in her figure
    She's 12 years old and she's having a baby

atm, I think this is 2pac's finest piece. His ability to capture the horror and the bleakness of the inner city is unparalled. As straightforward a song as they come, but fileld with so many disturbing meanings. This along with Modest Mouse's Please Bury me with it make me hopeless.

RIP mate.

24. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

On the real...Biggie and Pac were both great in there own aspects..Pac's lyrics were deep, and very real, while Big was more of a fictional story teller..Songs like Kick in the Door, or 10 Crack commandments, were fictional stories based off real life exp. I love biggie's style of telling a story and sticking to it from the beg. of the song till the end..I grew up on the east coast I guess that can contribute to my love for biggie..DOnt get mt wrong Pac gets his props, but bigges still the king of NY

25. less Cheer up,

The first CD I ever bought was the single of "California Love". 2Pac will always be special in that sense to me (and I still think the song rocks).

26. Niabingi Skyentist

I do love tupac... I was and always will be intrigued by his contrast his deep, meaningful, intellectual and sad lyrics standing shoulder to shoulder with his gangsta image and tracks.

I think he had alot to say and I hate how no comment about tupac can be uttered without someone making a biggie comment. I hate that the two are now eternally linked especially as they were both very different.

27. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

I was always more of a Biggie guy, but I acknowledge Tupac's impact on hip-hop.

28. Azure-kun Banned

he's a really cool dude. sadly him and biggie had to get laid down which sucks cuz "all eye's on me" was an amasing album. I really wish I could say more but I'm a biggie fan so. . .yah.:oh

29. Iruka-Senpai Member

I turned on the radio out here in the central valley and was suprised to hear California Love. I haven't heard that on a radio station in a long time.:(

30. Supa Swag Active Member

Pac is one of the best ever. While lyrically he is pretty weak, the emotion he puts on his tracks are 2nd to none, although DMX comes close. My favorite album would have to be Me Against the World. With songs like So Many Tears, Dear Mama, Temptations, the title track, the album just showed a side of Pac that seemed so real.

Biggie was cool too. As far as an MC goes, he was more talented than Pac, but his themes never really change (selling crack, bitches, money, glocks, etc). He was so good at it though it didn't matter.