1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

U.S. Army says troops to stay in Iraq till 2010

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Sake-Shinobi, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Sake-Shinobi Drunken Kuni Throwing is Fun

There just saying this so people have something to hope for. I truely think that we will never fully pull our troops out of Iraq, someone has to protect the oil.

Tags:
  2. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

Yes... won't someone please think of the oil...?!

3. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

If this was ever about oil I think the people upstairs went about it completely the wrong way. For all the money we're spending on Iraq we could've lifted the sanctions and bought the damn oilfields.

4. Beo InuKage

The u.s. is just being a little more open about taking over the world.

5. martryn Dick in hand

Iraq was never about the oil. The only people who ever believed that are sheep who were led to believe it because they can't think for themselves. Seriously, take a look at where American oil comes from. And if we went over there for oil, shouldn't the price of oil in America go down?

6. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

They don't care. The hatred of America is blinding them to logic

7. Sake-Shinobi Drunken Kuni Throwing is Fun

Please tell me what this war is about besides oil and bush power trippin.

8. Toby <b>Detective Dollars</b>

As suspected, to train the Iraq police force this would should be adequate for making the minimal requirements of a security force. It would still be wise to appoint an ISAF group there to make sure they can cope, though.

Who would have thought that making democracy in an autocracy would be so hard? I say we try the wall again. It worked great for Germany. <.<

9. Jin-E Well-Known Member

Tell that to DDR:amuse

10. jdama funky midboss

I think the Uncle Sam will pull out much sooner than we all think, unless Bush clones himself and his clone wins the next two presidential races. As in, not likely. I think Bush was after the weapons of ma--<can't finish sentence, collapses from laughter>.

11. Razgriez Banned

But that was Russia's idea...

12. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

OR you are the sheep as all Americans neglect others opinions? Think about that (if you can, it must be pretty hard for you..)

13. Razgriez Banned

So all Americans neglect other people's opinions?

I like to diagree with you on that one. Sure theres people out there that neglect other people's opinions regardless. Thats not necessarily a bad thing since its only their opinion and their opinion may not be totally right. If anything we tend to neglect the opinions of people who have proven that their opinion is full of shit regardless.

Besides we are in Iraq under "other people's opinions anyways". Didnt the Russian intel, British intel, and the CIA say that Saddam had WMDs? Listening to other's opinions really wasnt a good thing in that instance now was it?

Hence EVEN Bush listen to other people's opinion.

14. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

The invasion of Iraq was about oil to begin with. It was oil and banking 'secruty maintainance cash from Saudi and Kuwait'. After all, if you didn't know that's the excuse US used at the 1st Persian Gulf to bank bilions in oil price subsidies from both arab nations.

However, the plan backfired on their face and hence they are on the gutter. This should have been clear since the begining of the invasion considering how quickly the Bush administration replaced their reason of 'WMD' with 'Democracy and Freedom of the Iraqi ppl'. Now they are stuck, because if Bush tries to get out, his own ppl will have his heads as this would become another vietnam and be sure that terrorist networks like Al-Qaida won't resist a second to use this as their first victory against the 'evil USA' (as Al-Qaida puts it).

The biggest problem here isn't cleaning up this mess, cuz given another 2-3 years max all the insurgence in Iraq will definitly stop. The problem here is instead of concentrating and stopping the insurgence for once and all, Bush and his buddy Rumsfeld and Cheyney are opening other cans of worms that US cannot take on by conventional means.

15. Razgriez Banned

Alright, heres the deal. No one I mean no one cannot use this little oil excuse until I see harden proof of saying that we went in there for oil. What Im looking for is some sort of record showing that the oil companies were hitting it big and things like that. Everyone has been using this but I havent seen one person show any valid source that backs this up.

16. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

Actually no. Pretty sure that most intel came back repeatedly saying 'We can't find these WMD he's going on about.' The head of MI6 claimed in the DSM before the war began that

Even the CIA couldn't confirm the presence of WMD. His allies thought he was full of shit, but he went to war anyway. Hence Bush really doesn't listen to other people's opinions... unless those opinions happen to suit him.

In April 2001 before 9/11, Bush wanted a war on Iraq and the official reason given was to improve western access to Iraqi oil. Bush's cabinet was cited as saying "Iraq remains a destabilising influence to the flow of oil to international markets from the Middle East and because this is an unacceptable risk to the US 'military intervention' is necessary."

Do you really think that a year later his reasons had changed? He said there were WMD, but there weren't. So then he changed tactics and cited 'freedom and democracy for the Iraqi people' but he didn't care back in April, so why now?

There you go. Oil companies 'hitting it big' even before the war started. You only need to look at the rising price for gas to know that oil companies are profiting.

To say he didn't want the oil is a bit naive. When he has already said he wanted the oil, and when one of the first actions taken in Iraq was to secure the oil fields, and when Bush himself has strong connections to the oil industry having once owned oil company Spectrum 7 as well as having huge personal investments in oil... it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the oil was his biggest motivator.

17. l Itachi l We are only Human

Will someone think about the troops for once!
    I mean come on they might stay there till 2010!!! They wont see their family for a long time..:(

18. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Actually the Russian Intel and even the UN Intel didn't agree with US Intel and we know how reliable the UK Intel of the incident was since you should have heard by now since it got a headlight on European news about it's false information thingy.

UN/Nato and EU basically blasted Bush on it from Day 1. Collin Powerll who was at that time one of the few people who the actually the world could believe on in terms of credibility due to his reputation, himself had to be convinced by it and then he gambled his entire reputation on it. When he realized that he got used he resigned his post, but it was clear the damage on his reputation had been done.

Even the day of the attack, UN decleared that what US was about to do wasn't sanctionned by them and he was in vialation, but he went ahead with it anyway. This is where the people really lost confidence in the UN as here was a clear display of them getting dissed by US and they never charged them for these vialation. This was a huge blow to the UN since now most country that Bush puts on his target list do no longer believe that UN is actually the organization it was made out to be, as in their view it only punishes those who violate rules unless you happen to be US where you get a free pass.

19. Shinim3gami Kadaj's Sextoy

haha..
    the soldiers are guarding the oil pipeline - so even if its bought and even if america wants the world - they still have to stay there.
    Same goes for the canadians in Afghanistan...

20. Razgriez Banned

Everyone covering their own asses eh?
    Besides I dont exactly watch European news let alone any news in general lately so I owuldnt know.

Hes still a good man and should run for president.
    This isnt exactly the kind of proof I was looking for. This doesnt explain shit actually. Well I guess its just a huge assumption then.

The UN is more corrupt to the core then the US government. Hell, they cant do shit unless people decide to be honorable. People being honorable in politics... heh thats something we will never see. The UN is just about as effective as the league of nations.
    Oh and the UN cant exactly do shit to the US. Telling a small country like North Korea to shape up or we are going to own you is entirely possible because the main driving force is the US forces. Essentially the bulk of the UN's military might(or ability to enforce its laws) can get away with a lot more then the small guy. Its unfair, unjust, and not right but who is going to stop it from happening? The UN sure as hell cant hence why the UN is corrupt and incapable of enforcing its laws equally. Besides every country is violating UN sanctions in someway.

21. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

I like how you blame the UN for being unable to stop the US fucking over the middle-east, therefore the UN is more corrupt. That's like me saying my parents are more corrupt for not grounding me after I knifed that weedy little nerd.

22. Emasculation Storm brought to you by Death

Way to ignore all the proof against you supplied by Amaretti. :amuse

23. Razgriez Banned

Actually it just says that Bush intended to remove Saddam by force.

Im not blaming, Im stating its incapable of doing anything to the US due to the repercussions it would have on the UN and the world.

24. DarkFire immune to modfuck

god the ppl at my skool was like "there are after weapons of MAss-BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omfg so funny destruction so then they really think Bush has gone mental and went to invade Iraq in his evil plan to take over the Arabian countries then Eurpoen then south American them finally Asian!

25. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

Can't be bothered to read the whole sentence, huh? :amuse

He states clearly that he thought the intelligence and facts were being fixed - as in, faked - as in, fraudulently altered and changed - to suit Bush's policy. You can't say it much clearer that MI6 didn't think the intel was credible.

You stated 'more corrupt than the US'. Again, my response still stands. Corruption that leads to 655,000 civillian deaths (which in Iraq is the equivalent of 7.5 million American civillian deaths) is worse than corruption that leads to... failure to spank naughty countries.

The UN is probably better described as 'ineffective' than corrupt.

26. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Well it's not covering your Ass when in UK this problem had Blair on the brink of regination or be trialed. The Russian also didn't cover their asses, they looked at their info and simply said 'you have no proof but assumptions, show us real proof and then we'll talk about it'. UN and EU pretty much said the same, US instead of actually showing the proof went on a propaganda where they pretty much had France called chicken and had them labeled as 'trying to protect their oil export with Sadam' without even proof of those either.

In the end they send Collin Powell with a document knowning that unlike them, the world gave a damn about Powell's opinion and the poor guy had to eat the dough for it. Very sad really considering that amongst republicans the two good and more sane leaders who know what they are talking about is possibly Powell and McCain. But yeah, if he runs for Republican party I will most likely still hope for Powell to win because you know the man is experienced in war and shit.

As for your comment that the UN is corrupted, I would like you to know that the most corrupted nation in the world is US. They got IMF and World Bank under their belt and pretty much veto in every single major multinational coalation forces apart EU. Don't believe me, look back at the history of IMF, it was created and proposed by the US. It's economic system is pretty much unfair, in fact the major economic crisis that have been occuring in the past years have been linked to their forced policies on the new developing countries such as South Asian Tigers in the Asian Crash and Mexico in the Mexico peso crash.

To make it worst, they suggested the same damn policies back to those same nations when they bailed them out of their debts (which is open your economy to forign investors with no gouverment involvement so they can invest in you). Now the proposition isn't bad if you were an actual developed country but for countries that are trying to grow by industrializing more and more that's a call for nightmare cuz you know investors want quick money and the only way to do that is by speculation and not development. So I am sorry I wouldn't qualify UN as corrupted, ineffective yes but certainly not coruppted at the level of some of the real big corrupters out there. They basic flaw is that they cannot pass judgement over the US, now by judgement I don't mean go and attack US, but rather some sort of temporary sanction like US tends to force on countries they consider not following their words, so basically some sort of economic ones.

27. Run.The.Animal Fox.Sage

This is possible, but only if the candidate elected president in 2008. At the top of the chain of command, what presy said, military does.

28. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

It's funny when you know that Iraq was attack for Mass destruction weapon and the current situation in North Korea......and in Iran.

29. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

^US doesn't actually want to attack countries with WMD because of the risk that they will be used. Which seems to indicate that they knew Iraq had no WMD to begin with.

30. Razgriez Banned

All that still does not prove that Bush went in for Oil.