1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

U.S. Midterm 2018 General Discussion

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Darkmatter, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Banhammer Banhammer Science

If you're going to argue that Trump *says* far more horrible things than Feinstein, well..

You'll win that argument.

2. Banhammer Banhammer Science

Refuse to play until they nerf rogues and clerics

3. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

So i guess him and MSM is a match made in heaven.

4. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

Trump is most definitely bordering sociopathic territory. Only time he speaks passionately is when he's telling all to hear how great he's doing.

He blamed reporters for the increase in tension in this country last week simply because they go against him.

5. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

They have a +15 to stealth

6. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

7. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

8. Pliskin Well-Known Member

Take his lowest ever approval number and I think that forms a good estimation of the people that will be pro Trump unconditionally, the people he accurately asseses to support him even if he shoots someone openly in the street.

So 30+X%

9. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

10. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

This is what I've heard. He also has solid support of at least 80% of Republicans.

11. Banhammer Banhammer Science

12. afgpride Retired Staff

Oh don't worry, Trump puts his policy where his mouth is. That's why he's so venerated by his core base. Putting every environmental regulation he could sniff into the shredder, making the Environmental Protection Agency an Orwellian satire, rolling back military policy that exists to prevent civilian casualties, imprisoning illegal immigrants rather than deporting them (causing displaced children), openly endorsing Roy Moore in the face of his controversy because a red kid-diddler is better than a blue anything, his own implication, we could go on. Feinstein is a decaying gargoyle and political opportunist. I don't care for her. What I'm troubled by is this voluntary blindfolding that happens when people defend Trump. Trump, the golden-spoon-fed draft dodger that made fun of McCain for being captured while running as a republican nominee is somehow less of an asshole than Feinstein because... Because he's Trump. No real other reason but that criticism slides off him like a one piece in a quick change artist show. Blastoise, use hydropump to water down everything Trump did, and put Feinstein's smarmy tactics in the hyperbolic time chamber so it can turn super saiyan.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I think calling people who once disapproved over a scandal of Trump a cult of personality member is stretching it and his approval rating got way lower than 45.

14. afgpride Retired Staff

A cult that is big enough to get him elected. Let's not play down how many people are willing to look past the sociopathic inclinations of a privileged egotist in order to btfo libtards.

15. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Got elected by what, a few thousand votes total and lost the popular vote by 3 million?

16. Banhammer Banhammer Science

Yeah but if you account for recent findings on Trump base's unresponsiviness to polls, and judge how he ranks from issue to issue, his approval rating starts floating up from 30 pretty fast.
    Like I said, depends on who you ask.

17. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

@afgpride Is right. We need to stop understimating Trump and his level of support. Democrats need a coherent strategy that takes these things into account.

18. afgpride Retired Staff

You're focusing on how narrowly he won, and that he lost the popular vote by 3 million. Why aren't you recognizing that 46% of the electorate voted for him? I know you take pride in your country and it's embarrassing to deal with, but it's reality. Whether or not a majority of the country approves of him, a giant chunk does, and a giant chunk within that giant chunk worship him. This is all within your borders, and at a high enough degree to make the upcoming election a question mark rather than a foregone conclusion for the democrats.

19. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

The DNC showed some encouraging focus in midterms by making preexisting conditions and healthcare such a big issue. The GOP used healthcare as a powerful wedge during the obama administration too. The administration isn't vulnerable on its policies. Trump is invulnerable on trump. You'd think anti trump would win you more votes because of how divisive he is, but it doesn't win you enough, and it just incenses a bunch of other people.

In some ways trump's best quality is just how much of a distraction he is. If the DNC can stay focused on something more important, I think it'll do them good.

20. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

I don't think that giant chunk can be swayed tbh. All we can hope for is a bigger voting turnout that goes against him.

21. Killmonger NPC13211

22. Banhammer Banhammer Science

More importantly even is one missing out that he won on a 96% forecast of an otherwise result
    Comes down to why and how is it that the dems keep throwing it away

23. hcheng02 Well-Known Member

You don't necessarily need a giant chunk though. You just need a few thousand in the swing states. You should be able to convince some white women that he's screwing over their reproductive rights, farmers that his trade war is messing with their earnings, sick people that he's screwing over their healthcare, etc.

24. Banhammer Banhammer Science

Obama tapped that well, even if not willingly, with anti Bushers.
    In politics, you cant rely on any one electoral wind forever. A massive number of former Obama voters voted Trump and an even more massive stayed home.
    It's no coincidence that the blue ripple coincided with greater youth vote turnout, for which I have congratulated Democrats repeatedly.
    You wanna beat this guys right now, you can't pull on the "against him" winds, you gotta hoist the "for me's"
    Beto is a good proof of concept of that, I think

25. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

HOnestly at this point, its becoming more and more likely that the reason why he captured 46% of the electorate was due to Russian Interference, Voter Apathy, and Voter Suppression. In 2020, he won't be able to replicate the same thing since, if he's still in office, people will be tired of him AND we'll have a new challenger. Hell due to how badly Midterms went for him, he's gonna have a few challengers from within the Republican Party.

26. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

Democrats need to take the focus off Trump's personality because that is his strength. Instead of focusing on him, Democrats should focus on the policy itself and on everyday Americans for the emotional aspect. Health care is a winning issue for Democrats, by they need to properly navigate it.

27. Killmonger NPC13211

But in this new society of feelings first, Trump's trolling is the best strategy yet. What you're saying is simply not going to happen, the very fact that is news, is more than telling of what our society has become. We'll just keep trolling, after all if the tactic works, why should we switch it up?

28. Takano-san Brujo

Spain, Canada, United States
    If you actually read and do some research, you'll actually learn about the extensive human rights violations, disregard for all minority classes, and a pattern of supporting an agenda of white nationalism. This article does not say so specifically, but it doesn't need to. Oppression of minorities is exactly what nationalists and fascists do.

29. Banhammer Banhammer Science

Thing is, feelings isn't a "new society" thing any more. Despite John Oliver's most stringent protests, it is no longer 2015.
    I think 2020 will be the absolute crest of that wave.

I don't know what this is about "new star" from the demos, but unless you mean Beto or Sanders yet again, I wouldn't count on it.

30. afgpride Retired Staff

For someone that sports an avatar of an NPC to make fun of the left, nearly every single post of yours reads like the return-value of a high school level algorithm dedicated to spouting vapid talking points. American carbon emissions have been decreasing since late in Bush's presidency. That's what your link says. What does this say about Trump's policy toward the environment? Speak up for the class.

I don't know if you were so clueless you thought Trump has been making an effort to reduce emissions, or if you know it didn't say that and think linking me a random statistic about a random component of the environment somehow refutes a single thing I said, but either way you need to go back to the drawing board. Meditate under a waterfall with /pol/ open on your phone, and try to telepathically absorb the essence of libtard ownage. Try to truly visualize pwning libtards. Look at a few NPC memes, watch a few Ben Shapiro ownage videos, really get into it. Be like Netero when he practiced the same punch a billion times, except instead of punching, say "Make America Great Again" under your breath. Then come back and reply to me again, and when I ignore you, at least you'll hallucinate and see a post of me conceding.