1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Uchiha/Sharingan > Hyuuga/Byakugan

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Uchihawk, May 30, 2007.

1. Uchihawk Banned

This is the thread to once and for all to put to rest the debates going around here recently.

First, lets talk about the clans.

People here say the Hyuuga clan is the strongest clan because Hiashi said so in the Sound/Sand Invasion. What people seem to forget that is that he made that statement after the Uchiha clan WAS already wiped out by Uchiha Itachi a couple years ago. Hiashi is technically right, the Hyuuga clan is NOW the strongest clan since the Uchiha clan was decimated to just two members (although i believe there are 4.5 Uchiha members alive in total). Not only we have Itachi own statement that the Uchiha clan was the most powerful and feared clan of all (not meaning just Konoha, but all villages) Kakakshi stating this also, and even Zabuza just to mention a few. I'm not even mentioning the databook, which further back this up, by clearly stating it.

The Uchihas are famous around the world, unlike the Hyuugas who's reputation seem to be limited. We have people like Zabuza, Chiyo, Zetzu, Deidara, AL, even Kyuubi commenting on the Uchihas. Now, look closely at the individual strength of a Uhchiha. You have Kakashi who is the creme of the creme and he stated that "That when facing a sharingan user, he must assume the worst possible situation he can possibly be in" (notice he didn't say this when he was confornted by Oro) Uchihas are not just strong because of their sharingan, but even non sharingan user are strong as hell. After all, the Uchiha clan as a whole was described as a clan full of Geniuses, Superior and even Elite. People also have to remember that the Uchiha clan was the one that protected the Leaf as they were the one in charge of protecting the Village, and only those that can enforce the law are superior shinobis.

Now lets talk about their bloodline.

First it must be said that the Byakugan was stated in the databook to be stronger than the sharingan, however, this is only in terms of sigh, so

Byakugan > Sharingan in term of sight

but

Sharingan > Byakugan in everything else.

Lets look at their attributes

The Byakugan can

1. X-Rays
    2. 360 Vision
    3. See Tenketsu
    4. See Chakra Flow
    5. Long Range Vision

The sharingan can

1. See through Taijutsu
    2. See through Genjutsu
    3. See through Ninjutsu
    4. Cast Genjutsu
    5. Predict Movement
    6. Surpressing Powers
    7. See Chakra Flow
    8. Ability to obtain MS
    9. Read Lips
    10. Memorize Hand writing
    11. Copy jutsus

So, besides sight, the Sharingan is far superior to the Byakugan, after all, the manga gave the title "Heavenly Eye" to the Sharingan not to the Byakugan, and that's not even mentioning the MS.

Also, while reading all the above information take into consideration the most important info, that the sharingan was stated to be rare among the Uchihas, but that the Byakugan was common in all Hyuugas.

This is why

Uchiha/Sharingan/MS > Hyuuga/Byakugan

Tags:
  2. Isuzu sense of humor

Truthfully, I just want to see a Sasuke vs. Hinata smex battle. Is that too much to ask?

While I personally prefer the Byakugan...yes, the Sharingan is probably stronger, and waaay more useful.

3. Godammit Well-Known Member

4. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

But I still want to see an Uchiha killing 25 jounin with an attack.

P.S: You're definately not accepted in the FC :mad

5. Namicho 愛は耐

Nice analyzation, but GB's going to kill you in your sleep.

6. Hurricanes The One And Only

7. Crimson2Phoenix7 Banned

Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious. It's more like Kid Sasuke > Hyuuga clan . lol.

8. Jinchuriki-san Jinchuuriki

2. See through Genjutsu
    3. See through Ninjutsu

These I wouldnt consider. Anybody can see through jutsu. Its been shown many times. Or perhaps elaborate on "seeing through" so I may have a better understanding, because Im thinking of predicting movements which you already have, or simply expecting or know what jutsu is gonna be cast which, again, anyone can do.

9. Uchihawk Banned

lol, since when does Kaiten kill? but more importantly, who said they were jounins?

That's okay, since we all know MS > GB.:laugh

10. mootz GB's Salamander

i saw pirates 3 Jack sparrow did you write this while your mind was insane

this is just a excuse to bash the hyuuga.

11. Blanco Big whoop!

Sharingan > Byakugan
    Hyuuga Clan > Uchiha Clan

12. Tri-Chan Chuckles

First off, nice, but these topics have been re-written, re-read a million times before so there's not much new in this post.

I agree with this, but not the first part. For the Hyuuga clan, that seems an extremely powerful clan not just in technique but in status, I'm sure that other clans below them would not influence what they thought of their own status in Konoha. In other words, Hyuuga Hisashi, whether he was just exageratting, or actually meaning it, was not saying his clan was the most powerful in the village because the Uchihas were wiped out.

Please keep in mind that they are commenting only on the Uchihas because in all of those situations so far, the people concerned were actually faced with either Sasuke or Itachi.
    We still have yet to see the reaction to a Hyuuga.

13. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

They were killed, chunin/jounin, I don't care.

P.S: Test failed. You lack eyes, argh

14. Namicho 愛は耐

No, it's a mostly correct, yet obvious, analyzation of Sharingan vs. Byakugan...*throws popcorn at GBtard*

15. Uchihawk Banned

False, as seen with the Rock Lee vs Sasuke.

Sasuke thought Lee was using Genjustu, but its turned out Lee was too fast.

Don't you remember what happen to Naruto with Itachi's finger?

Kakashi being able to tell that Itachi was a clone and it was about to explode.

look at my answers above

16. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

although all that you said about the sharingan its true that is most luikely due to chakra flow before the explosion since sharingan can't tell the differences in complex bunshins.

17. CM Pope The Holy Father

Underline = Only seen once and that was on Obito - he saw through a Genjutsu not her Chakra flow
    Italic's = Something other than the Sharingan but to do with the Uchiha themselves as a Clan and their Chakra

It's more like:
    1. See through Taijutsu
    2. See through Genjutsu
    3. See through Ninjutsu
    4. Cast Genjutsu
    5. Predict Movement
    6. Ability to obtain MS
    7. Copy jutsus

And besides, Kakashi said that in terms of insight the Byakugan was superior to the Sharingan. I'm not making comment one way or the other I'm just reminding everyone that's what Kakashi said.

18. Noble Avenger Champs Bitch

The Sharingan is to Genjutsu what the Byakugan is to Taijutsu.

The thing is the Sharingan also helps a great deal with Taijutsu, by tracking fast moving objects. And it helps Ninjutsu because of it's copying abilities. It can advance the user in all 3 aspects, not just Taijutsu and scouting, which is the main reason it's better.

I definitely think the Sharingan is a demonic mutation of the Byakugan though.

Personally, I love both clans. They are the only things I like about Konoha. The Hyuuga are elegant and powerful, the Uchiha cutthroat and deadly.

The rest of Konoha? Soft and dumb.

19. Uchihawk Banned

Chakra flow was meant as what Obito saw in the kakashi gaiden, but true that it might throught that he knew what was going to happen.

Prove that to me. I don't care if its implied or mention, just tell me where.

You lack balls!:laugh

20. Jinchuriki-san Jinchuuriki

So Sasuke failed to see it at first amiright? What's false, btw?

Yes, but what does that have to do with seeing through genjutsu?
    I need to know what you mean.

The finger pointing thing only tells me that Itachi can channel an genjutsu by simply point to somebody. Something out of the ordinary imo.

I find that was something he'd expect after having seen it before when saving Kurenai.

The way you seem to make it is that the see through stuff falls under predicting movements.

21. Uchihawk Banned

Read my thread again, i said nothing that said otherwise.

In term of sight

Byakugan > Sharingan

that!:p

That's the best example.

If you don't like it, then see the KN vs Sharingan Sasuke fight.

Yes, but what does that have to do with seeing through genjutsu?
    I need to know what you mean.

The finger pointing thing only tells me that Itachi can channel an genjutsu by simply point to somebody. Something out of the ordinary imo. [/quote]

That's seeing genjutsu if you are able to look at it.

If you didn't like that example, then look at Itachi vs Kurenai example.

Itachi was able to see through it.

when have we seen people exploding their kage bushin? None, until Itachi came along.

Again, if you didn't like that example, i give you another example

Kakashi water defence jutsu against Itachi water jutsu

22. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

:oh Its implied they were killed. You don't go "The Hyuuga are the strongest in the leaf" with that bad ass attack if they are not dead. Look at the size and power of that kaiten.

Johnny Depp looks hard gay in that film. All three. Funny but hard gay. :suzuhiko *imagine his face here*

23. Godammit Well-Known Member

24. Jinchuriki-san Jinchuuriki

Okay, Im not taking you seriously anymore, Jack Sparrow.

25. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

P.S:
    that made me lol, no matter if you refers to the member or the character :laugh

26. Uchihawk Banned

He was because the databook back up the Uchiha clan as the strongest.

So taking into consideration the context of when Hiashi said that, yeah, the Hyuuga were the strongest because the Uchiha clan were wiped out.

You have Madara who Kyuubi mentioned by name.

Gaara wanted to fight Sasuke not because he was Uchiha Sasuke, but because he was an Uchiha.

Chiyo stated that if you ran into an Uchiha, run for your life.

Hiashi only dared to said that because there were not an Uchiha around, because if there were he would have gotten bitched slapped. Sasuke was just a kid back then.

Again, the databook back up the Uchiha clan as the strongest.

Johnny Depp > any actor.

27. Random Nobody Alien Fighting

Sharingan is better against a single opponent, as all of its really powerful moves drain far too much chakra and it can only see through someones moves as long as the Sharingan user is looking at them.

Byakugan is better against multiple opponents since it almost completely stops sneak attacks, has moves designed to counter attacks from all sides, and can allow the wielder to quickly incapacitate opponents via the Jyuken.

Kimmimaro's bloodline was better then both since it helped you in any kind of fight by giving you an almost unreal level of durability.

28. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

Although it was never said outright... "Seeing through", or "reading" techniques(which movement prediction is a part of) should be a trait that both the Sharingan and Byakugan share. The Byakugan is, afterall, a Doujutsu that surpasses the Sharingan as an eye of observation/insight.

And you are inflating the Sharingan's list with abilities that are pretty much one in the same. Be fair. :/

Now, if you take into account the Mangekyou Sharingan, which has been given the title of the greatest Doujutsu, then the Uchiha clan's Kekkei Genkai would indeed be greater. And as far as their clan's go, I still stand by my belief that, when both clans were around, the Uchiha clan was stronger; mostly because of the implications of the Hyuuga going through tough times in the past, it leads me to believe that the Uchiha either had a superior structure for their clan, and/or had greater numbers.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  29. niyesuH ◊▪Ḫ▪ὺ▪ṧ▪ɛ▪ч▪ɨ▪Ϟ▪◊

30. Uchihawk Banned

Movement prediction is different from seeing/reading through jutsus.

I have yet to see the Byakugan being described as seeing through any jutsu.

The Byakugan only is superior to the sharingan in terms of insight, as stated by Kakashi, the rest, well you know the rest!:p

maybe three things:p