1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Um, why is Chidori an assassination skill?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by qOcOp, Jul 20, 2005.

1. qOcOp

basics rules of assassinations

1.silent
    2.quick
    3.deadly
    4.silent
    5.silent
    6.silent

whos not gonna notice

*CLACKCHIRPCLACKCHIRPCHEEPCHEEOPEEKPAAK*

sound coming at u and a big blue bright light.

kunai > chidori
    for assassination purposes.

unless u can summon dogs to grab ur enemy but if he.she is strong bye bye doggy

Tags:
  2. bobo

Because Kakashi uses it to assassinate deaf and blind people. Everyone else he puts an explosive note on them while they sleep.

3. Nighthawk

He can use chidori when someone is trapped, like Zabuza.
    Oh, and of course chidori isn't silent, but he can pull it pretty fast.
    Check the kakko fight.

4. Akamaru Mask

Hmmmm... thats something I've been wondering actually, I mean its not the most subtle technique in the world is it?

Guard 1: Do you hear a thousand birds cheeping in our lords room?
    Guard 2: Nah, just your imagination
    Guard 1: What about the strange lightningy thing?
    Guard 2: Northern lights...

Perhaps it was a mistranslation of kiling technique or Gai just didn't think "Hmmmm maybe its not a good idea to use a flashy, loud technique to assasinate someone?"

5. Poison-Scythe

cuz the ppl in the naruto series likes to take attacks head on

6. The Space Cowboy

I put my hand through you. You die. End of story.

7. Zorokiller

cuz kunai's almost never kill,
    that's why chidori is assasination

8. Anthriel

I agree.
    It's impossible to kill someone with a weapon in Naruto, not even slitting someone's throat seems possible.

9. sven-da-man

uhm.. assassination doesnt nessecarily have to be silent?
    chidori is a assassination weapon cause you can kill people with it very easy

10. iaido

Only Yondaime can kill people with kunais and that's only after using a badass jutsu.

The chidori is definately lethal but it's not a fitting asassination technique for a ninja. People can see the bright light and hear the sounds so everyone can come and help.

11. DOK

becasue it hurts like crap then you die.

12. CyberPunk

The Chidori is supposed to only make noise when the user is moving at light speed towards the victim. By the time the victim hears of sees anything, it should be too late. The manga illustration of Sasuke using it against Gaara during the Chuunin exams is totally awesome. It shows him as a blur moving towards the shelled Gaara.

13. Nighthawk

best post in this thread

14. G. Hawke

:rofl :rofl :rofl
    ......Well that's all i have to say. :sweat

15. lucky

lol alot of ninjas in this naruto world aren't very quiet when they fight or do anything for that matter. :xp

16. Fire101

When they say assassination, I'm pretty sure they just mean its lethal, and when you use it on someone, they die.

17. qOcOp

LOOK TO UR LEFT MORON! Not up!!

18. AmazinG

I have always thought the same thing. Chidori is not the ideal jutsu to use in terms of a assassination. I think when they say assassination they mean its a swift weapon to bring about death to your opponent in a fight rather than the conventional meaning of someone sneaking up in the dark in silence...

19. Yamato (Inactive)

Try to think a little bit...

Firstly you probably can run quite a long distance with chidori (lets say more then several houndred m) and You can do it VERY fast. Simply you are locating yours target, then waiting for a good moment. Then you perform Chidori long distance from target, and then starting the charge. Enemy will probably won't ever notice what have striked him 'cause of your speed.

20. lekki

Chidori is a pretty crappy move and I believed this even more after Yondaime himself said so. If you don't have a doujutsu don't bother learning chidori.
    I always pictured the people who needed assasinating having lots of body guards around them which is why I would imagine Sakon/Ukons move where they make it impossible for you to defend a better move than Chidori.
    But hey, whatever works I guess.

21. iaido

Come on, anyone with common sense and any understanding of tactical combat knows that it doesn't matter. It's more practical to kill silently and without the enemy knowing that you killed one of their own.

The light and sound of the jutsu is a dead giveaway that something just happened. Kakashi has a reputation so some people might know of chidori (most may not however). Chidori makes everyone go on high alert. It might kill, but it'll make the escape that much harder, even for someone like Kakashi.

An excellent example of an asassination is the Uchiha clan massacre. Itachi killed everyone in the middle of the night without making a sound. Nobody realized he killed everyone until the very next day except for Sasuke who walked in. The Uchihas may have been isolated from the rest of the town but people would see a bright light during night time and loud chirping sounds.

22. zeoblade

I thought it was good because that's the basics you need to assassinate someone. To be fast so you can't be caught. Deadly so your target dies. So its good that its simple.

23. Angelus

best post I've seen in a long time :rofl :thumbs

24. Yak

I don't think Chidori is that bad of a move but Kishimoto probably places its use in the wrong environment and on badly chosen occassions. Most of the time we have seen it in action when already facing an enemy and over a certain distance that allows the enemy a wide field of view.

So, when you're standing 50 meter in front of Kakashi, clearly seeing him and then he goes Chidori, lights flash, loud bird sound and then he runs up to you... even though he might be extremely fast and probably hits and kills you, it just looks crappy and unrealistic.

However, I could imagine it would be a good team-move for assasination. Like, an assasination team is infiltrating some Daimyo-castle or whatever. It's night, it's dark and the corridors have many corners and you have a lot of paths. There are guardians but well, the assasination squad throws some smoke bombs, the guardians are suddenly alarmed, there is a lot of chaos and confusion and then Kakashi goes Chidori.

The guards don't see anything because of the smoke, they hear loud chirping sounds but can't locate them clearly and concentrate on a specific direction which adds to the confusion and before they actually see the bright light flash coming out of the smoke clouds they're already dead. Unfortunately Kishimoto never used such occassions to show it's usefulness. Though, of course there might be better assasination moves and tools. Chidori is supposed to look cool and flashy.

25. qOcOp

Real life situation. in wartime

1. guy far from u,silent,WHAM out of no where

2. bye, im dead.:laserbeam

situation 2

1.guy far from u

2. *CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP*CHIRP
    SHINES*SHINY*BLUE*LIGHT-hears at 50+ yards away:kkanbu

3.SHIT SOMETHING COMING AT ME.There! The blue light and its making loud noises tearing down the ground too! wow flashy! what a moron gave away his position!:kkchidori

4.dodges and karate chops chidori user and then stabs him with kunai.

26. Weizen_Bier

there is the point that people simply run away when they hear that sound.

but here it comes "kuchiyose no jutsu"

the 9 nindogs kakashi can summon are something like a binding technic, like u see against zabuza i think it was.

i don't think it's the "i kill u in the dark" - assasination move but a very powerful way to kill an enemy trapped in your jutsu. but when u battle against teams, and you are alone, then it's something very crapy to use XD

27. John_117

It's a desperation move. If any other techniques fail, and the target is getting away. .... Some Chidori up the backway for them.

28. Hyuuga-YoungIsh

If it gets the job done in one hit its an assassination move to me.

29. Heldensheld

Zabuzza is called the silent killer but he needs the mist with that, ya can't trap some one in a mist if you're in a desert, can ya?